- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 42's children (debut)
- Incidental 107 (purple; normal)
- Lampreys (mentioned)
- French Narrator
- Incidental 108
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Ernesto Blindfish (debut)
- Pearl Krabs
- Pearl's friends
- Peach orange fish (debut)
- Pearl's purple friend (debut)
- Larry the Lobster
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 153
- Fred (blue)
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 151
- Orange cop
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 41
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob notices that Mr. Krabs is filling a hole in the wall with toothpaste. Suddenly, the toothpaste begins dripping and causes the hole to crack, making an even bigger hole in the wall. A fish and his children come to the Krusty Krab, and when they see the hole in the parking lot, he thinks it is a drive-thru and orders from the hole. This gives Mr. Krabs an idea to create a Krusty Krab drive-thru, using a simple menu written on napkins, a microphone made with tin cans, and a sign made from a noodle.
Soon, a customer orders from the drive-thru, but SpongeBob has trouble getting the food out of the window. He uses a trampoline to get the food to the customer, but it hits his outfit. Then the customer gives Mr. Krabs the bill for his dry cleaning. Mr. Krabs subsequently makes the hole bigger with a hammer.
Later, Plankton drives by in his tiny car and tries to order a Krabby Patty with extra secret formula, but no one sees him, so an old man runs him over. When Squidward replies to the old man's order, the man mishears and thinks they are closed, then proceeds to drive away in disappointment.
Later, Pearl and her friends pull up and decide to do a prank on Squidward by screaming through a megaphone and damaging his ear, making Mr. Krabs pay his bill. After that, Larry the Lobster shows up, accidentally breaking the drive-thru microphone with the side of his S.U.B. Mr. Krabs still bills Larry, even though he has many tin cans to replace the broken one. Then, SpongeBob has trouble getting his food up to the window of his vehicle and drops it on his head, so Mr. Krabs hammers a second hole in the wall much higher than the first.
Mr. Krabs hears cars honking and sees a huge line through the entire town to go to the drive-thru. A police officer comes and seemingly fines Mr. Krabs for collapsing the traffic, only for the note on paper to be revealed as his order. The mayor then visits and is not happy about all the traffic, so Mr. Krabs solves this problem by breaking a hole on the right side of the Krusty Krab walls for another drive-thru. Then, SpongeBob and Squidward desperately try to feed all of the customers on both sides.
When Squidward asks Mr. Krabs what they will do, Mr. Krabs thinks it is not that bad, but then, the customers start to riot, and Mr. Krabs breaks yet another hole. Due to the amount of pressure, the Krusty Krab cracks and collapses. SpongeBob claims they can fix it, but the tube of toothpaste from earlier runs empty, so he says they will need to buy more. The episode ends with Mr. Krabs crying.
- Mr. Krabs smashing holes into the Krusty Krab with a mallet.
- Pearl's purple friend saying, "Being a teenager and all!"
- Plankton getting run over and squished by an elderly fish.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
• The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs fills a hole in the wall with toothpaste.]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [The hole becomes bigger.]
• Steel Licks 13 - Jeremy Wakefield ["...medium sized hole in the wall!"]
‣ Cocksure Capers - Phil Green [A family drives to the Krusty Krab.]
• Birth of the Krabby Patty - Nicolas Carr ["We are putting in a drive-thru!"]
• Hawaiian Solo Steel - Nicolas Carr, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, nonsense, we'll build it for free!"]
• Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs reveal their choices for the microphone system and signs.]
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob struggles to deliver the food through the small hole.]
‣ Clumsy A - Bernd Gesell [The customer gives Mr. Krabs his cleaning bill.]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob, two large, two medium. I hate my job."]
• Steel Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Problem solved!"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton approaches the drive-thru.]
‣ Untitled Tune - Jack Shaindlin [Plankton tries to order a Krabby Patty.]
• Steel Licks 14 - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton weakly raises his arm.]
• Surfing Sponge Instrumental - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [later...]
• Steel Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward screams.]
• Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward gives Mr. Krabs his bill for his ear-replacement surgery.]
• Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Hey! You delinquent!"]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob struggles to give Larry his food.]
• Happy Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Mr. Krabs, I'm concerned."]
• Steel Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield ["There, problem solved."]
• In a Minor Mood Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [The long line of boatmobiles is revealed.]
• Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [A cop appears at the Krusty Krab.]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Oh, sure, right."]
• Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr ["You're welcome."]
‣ Hall of Fame [#1] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [The mayor enters the Krusty Krab.]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Don't you worry, Mr. Mayor. There's an answer for that, too."]
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Squidward frantically serves the customers.]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green [Plankton sells chum nuggets in the middle of the line.]
‣ Untitled Tune - Jack Shaindlin [The old guy runs over Plankton again.]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton's arm falls off.]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero ["They're everywhere!"]
‣ Cloak And Dagger [#70] - Phil Green ["Mr. Krabs, we gotta do something!"]
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The Krusty Krab collapses.]
• Traveling Along in the Key of D No Organ - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off, Disorder in the Deep, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 12, Kids Double Pack: Volume 2, Complete Eighth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- The sidewalls of the Krusty Krab are wooden instead of glass in this episode.
- Mr. Krabs makes a total of three drive-thrus.
- Mr. Krabs' drive-thru idea is nothing new. It is featured in a previous episode, "Driven to Tears." The difference is that Mr. Krabs had a real drive-thru window and microphone in the earlier episode.
- There was a small drive-thru window in the first three seasons. After season 4, the window disappeared, with the exception of "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"
- There is also a book with the same name as this episode with a similar plot, which was released seven years before this episode premiered.
- SpongeBob originally suggested a more fancy microphone system and signs for the drive-thru before Mr. Krabs settled on tin cans on a string and napkins. This is likely because despite using the drive thru items not costing Mr. Krabs any money, since they are already paid for, the maintenance of keeping the expensive items would have cost far more than simply replacing the cheap items that he provided.
- When Squidward says that his ear hurts, he looks at the screen and happens to talk to it, which breaks the fourth wall.
- SpongeBob refers to Larry's boatmobile as an S.U.B., which is ironic because while it means Sport Utility Boat, it spells SUB, an underwater vehicle that can dive very deep underwater.
- The green fish mayor from "Doing Time" and "The Great Snail Race" is shown rather than the purple fish mayor from "SpongeBob's Last Stand" and "Sponge-Cano!"
- Squidward saying "I'm not faking it you know.. that really hurt" could be a reference to "Accidents Will Happen," when he faked a leg injury.
- In this episode, it is revealed that Squidward never went to college.
- The Chum Bucket hat Plankton wears is similar to the one he wears in "Komputer Overload."
- This is the first episode where "Greenhorn Rag" plays.
- This is the second episode where a "telephone" made out of two cans and a string is used. The first was "Fools in April."
- This is the second episode that chum nuggets are seen. The first was "Chum Caverns." However, in this episode, it is just shown as an average chum clop with external organs, whereas in "Chum Caverns," they more so have the shape of chicken nuggets.
- SpongeBob is shown carrying a small bag full of equipment for the drive-thru, which are revealed to be a microphone system and an order sign. However, there is no way they could have fit in there without breaking or tearing the bag apart.
- Squidward says that he wishes he had gone to college, but in "Atlantis SquarePantis," he said that he learned more about art in Atlantis than he did in four years of community college, indicating he did go to college.
- Mr. Krabs' desk is shown in front of the refrigerator in the back of the kitchen when he first moves it there, but in the next shot of the kitchen, it is more so located next to the condiment stand.
- SpongeBob would not have been able to cook patties in the office because the grill is not plugged in.
- Squidward is shown wearing bandages over his left ear following the incident with Pearl's friends, but once he appears during Larry's order, the bandages are gone, despite the fact that he could not have recovered or been treated by a doctor in such a short time span.
- Earlier, due to Squidward's complaining, Mr. Krabs moves SpongeBob and the grill to his office and moves his desk to the kitchen. At the point where Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to get the order for the policeman, the grill and office desk have suddenly returned to their original spots; SpongeBob appears through the kitchen window and remains in the kitchen for the remainder of the episode.
- After SpongeBob falls out of the hole in a failed attempt to deliver Larry's order, he is shown walking back inside with tray and contents of the order splattered on his head, even most of them should have logically fallen off of him on his way back.
- When the mayor is saying, "That should work perfectly," the gold button on his tux becomes white for a split second.
- When the policeman hands Mr. Krabs a ticket, two of the small stalks on Mr. Krabs' right eye turn gray for a split second during his shocked expression before cutting to the policeman again.
- While SpongeBob carries the trays for the customers, for a split second, his leg is white.
- This could be because the animators accidentally mixed SpongeBob's sock color with his leg.
- When the green and blue fish collide with their car, the green fish's underarm is orange for a second.
- At the end, when Squidward is telling Mr. Krabs that the customers are rioting, the boat in the back had a yellow flag. In the next scene, the flag is gone.
- Tom Kenny is credited as playing Gary the Snail. However, Gary is neither seen nor heard in this episode.