- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Dave's children (debut)
- Frankie Billy (purple; normal)
- Lampreys (mentioned)
- French Narrator
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Elderly fish (debut)
- Pearl Krabs
- Pearl's friends
- Larry the Lobster
- Jennifer Millie
- Susie Rechid
- Fred (blue)
- Martha Smith
- Monroe Timmy
- Medley Fishbowl
- Ivy (gray)
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Norma Rechid
- Abigail Marge
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Officer John Slugfish
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Dennis (citizen)
- Harold (red fish)
- Nat Peterson
The episode starts at the Krusty Krab when SpongeBob notices that Mr. Krabs is filling a hole in the wall with toothpaste. SpongeBob is curious and asks what flavor it is, but Mr. Krabs thinks he is talking about the hole. Suddenly, the toothpaste begins dripping and causes the hole to crack, making an even bigger hole in the wall.
A fish and his children come to the Krusty Krab, and when they see the hole in the parking lot, he thinks it was a drive-thru and orders from the hole. This gives Mr. Krabs an idea to create a Krusty Krab drive-thru. Squidward warns him about the cost but Mr. Krabs says they'll build it for free. SpongeBob brings in some electronic equipment for the drive-thru but Mr. Krabs just uses a simple menu written on napkins, a microphone made with tin cans, and a sign made from a noodle.
Soon, a customer orders from the drive-thru but SpongeBob has trouble getting the food out of the window. He uses a trampoline to get the food to the customer but it hits his outfit, and then the customer gives Mr. Krabs the bill for his dry cleaning. Mr. Krabs then makes the hole bigger with a hammer. Later, Plankton drives by in his tiny car and tries to order a Krabby Patty with the secret formula (but no one sees him) and an old man runs him over. When Squidward replies to the old man's order, the old man mishears and thinks they're closed and drives away.
Later, Pearl and her friends decide to do a prank on Squidward by screaming through a megaphone and ending up having his ear replaced, making Mr. Krabs pay his bill. Squidward says that they need a real microphone and speaker, but Mr. Krabs says those things are too expensive. After that, Larry the Lobster shows up, accidentally breaking the drive-thru microphone with the side of his SUV. Squidward says Mr. Krabs needs to replace the microphone, but Mr. Krabs says "What do I look like I'm made out of tin cans?" and Squidward replies with yes. Mr. Krabs still bills Larry even though he has many tin cans. Then, SpongeBob has trouble getting his food up to the window of his SUV and drops it on his head, so Mr. Krabs hammers a second hole in the wall much higher than the first.
Mr. Krabs hears cars honking and sees a huge line through the entire town to go to the drive-thru. A police officer comes and fines Mr. Krabs for collapsing the traffic, and the officer asks for a Krabby Patty immediately. The mayor then visits and isn't happy about all the cars, so Mr. Krabs solves this problem by breaking a hole for another drive-thru. Then, SpongeBob and Squidward desperately try to feed all of the customers on both sides. Meanwhile, there is a car accident and Plankton sells Chum Nuggets, but he gets run over by the old man again.
SpongeBob and Squidward come but Mr. Krabs thinks they're angry customers, then he realizes it is just his employees. When Squidward asks Mr. Krabs what they'll do, Mr. Krabs thinks it's not that bad but then the customers start to riot and Mr. Krabs breaks another hole and says "More drive-thrus! More money!" Then, the Krusty Krab cracks and collapses. SpongeBob exclaims "Don't worry, Mr. Krabs! We can fix it!" But the tube runs empty and says they will need to buy more toothpaste. The episode ends with Mr. Krabs crying.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs filling a hole in the wall]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [hole becomes bigger]
‣ Cocksure Capers - Phil Green [family driving to Krusty Krab]
‣ Unknown Track 37 - Nicolas Carr ["We are putting in a drive-thru!"]
‣ Hawaiian Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh nonsense, we'll build it for free!"]
‣ Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Microphone system and signs]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Customer orders through the drive-thru]
‣ Clumsy A - Bernd Gesell [Dry cleaning bill]
‣ Jovial Pirates Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob, two large, two medium. I hate my job."]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Problem solved!"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton approaches the drive-thru]
‣ Untitled Tune - Jack Shaindlin [Plankton orders a Krabby Patty]
‣ Steel Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton weakly raises his arm]
‣ Surfing Sponge - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [later...]
‣ Steel Link (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward screams]
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Bill for ear replacement surgery]
‣ Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Hey! You delinquent!"]
‣ Short Rising Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob struggles to give Larry his food]
‣ Happy Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Mr. Krabs, I'm concerned."]
‣ Steel Sting (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["There, problem solved."]
‣ In a Minor Mood Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Long line of cars]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Cop appears]
‣ Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Oh, sure, right."]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr ["You're welcome."]
‣ Hall of Fame [#1] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Mayor enters the Krusty Krab]
‣ Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Don't you worry, Mr. Mayor. I have a answer for that, too."]
‣ Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Squidward frantically serving customers]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green [Plankton selling chum]
‣ Untitled Tune - Jack Shaindlin [Old guy runs over Plankton]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton's arm falls off]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero ["They're everywhere!"]
‣ Cloak and Dagger [#70] - Phil Green ["Mr. Krabs, we gotta do something!"]
‣ Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krusty Krab collapses]
‣ Traveling Along - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off, Disorder in the Deep, Complete Eighth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- The side walls of the Krusty Krab are wooden instead of glass in this episode.
- There were a total of three drive-thrus Mr. Krabs made.
- Mr. Krabs' drive-thru idea is nothing new. It is featured in a previous episode, "Driven to Tears." The difference is that Mr. Krabs had a real drive-thru window and microphone in the earlier episode.
- However, this could take place before that
- There was a small drive-thru window in the first three seasons. After season 4, the window disappeared (with the exception of "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?").
- Three ways of Mr. Krabs being cheap are shown:
- Smashing a hole in the wall for a drive-thru window instead of having someone install one properly.
- Using old napkins as a menu board and tin cans as a microphone rather than the microphone and menu board SpongeBob bought (despite the fact that using the mic and menu board would not cost Mr. Krabs any money since SpongeBob already paid for it).
- Forces SpongeBob and Squidward to work extra hard instead of hiring more employees to work both drive-thrus.
- Squidward says that he wishes he had gone to college, but in "Atlantis SquarePantis," he said that he learned more about art in Atlantis than he did in four years of community college, indicating he did go to college.
- When Squidward says that his ear hurts, he looks at the screen and happens to talk to it, which breaks the fourth wall.
- Plankton also breaks the fourth wall; when he looks at the screen as he pulls up to the drive-thru and says he is going to order a Krabby Patty.
- SpongeBob refers to Larry's boatmobile as an S.U.B., which is ironic because while it means Sport Utility Boat, it spells SUB, an underwater vehicle that can dive very deep underwater.
- The green fish mayor from "Doing Time" and "The Great Snail Race" is shown rather than the purple fish mayor from "SpongeBob's Last Stand" and "Sponge-Cano!"
- The Chum Bucket hat Plankton wears is similar to the one he wears in "Komputer Overload."
- This is the second episode that a "telephone" made out of two cans and a string is used. The first is "Fools in April."
- This is the second episode in which chum nuggets are seen. The first is "Chum Caverns."
- This episode premiered two years after "Goo Goo Gas," "Chum Bucket Supreme," "No Hat for Pat," "Overbooked," "I ♥ Dancing," "Tentacle-Vision," "Growth Spout," "Stuck in the Wringer," "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy," and "The Inside Job."
- This episode premiered in Canada on John Lurie's 59th birthday.
- When the green and blue fish collide with their car, the green fish's underarm is orange for a second.
- Earlier, due to Squidward's complaining, Mr. Krabs moves SpongeBob and the grill to his office and moves his desk to the kitchen. At the point where Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to get the order for the policeman, SpongeBob appears through the kitchen window, and remains in the kitchen for the remainder of the episode.
- Gary the Snail is listed in the credits for this episode. However, he is neither seen nor heard in this episode.
- Mr. Krabs creates a hole for SpongeBob to get to Larry. But when Squidward tells SpongeBob that he has 26 more orders, the hole is not there.
- Mr. Krabs smashing holes into the Krusty Krab with a mallet.
- Plankton getting run over and squished by an elderly fish.