- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Coupe (debut)
- Mrs. Puff
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Billy (lime fish)
- Harold (red fish)
- Frank (red shirt)
- Nat Peterson
- Boat salesperson (debut)
- Mermaid Man (cameo)
- Truck driver (cameo)
- Female boat worker (debut)
- Male purple boat worker (debut)
- Male yellow boat worker (debut)
- Small boat green worker (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
At Bikini Bottom Boats, SpongeBob is being suggested numerous boatmobiles by the boat salesperson. The one that catches his attention the most is the self-driving car, Coupe, which he then buys. He shows his brand-new boat to Squidward and Mrs. Puff, who are really surprised that SpongeBob had the ability to obtain such a fancy vehicle.
At night, SpongeBob parks Coupe in his respective lot, but Coupe wants to be inside the house since it is raining, so SpongeBob carves a large quantity of his pineapple house to accommodate Coupe. The latter wants to sleep on SpongeBob's bed, leaving SpongeBob and Gary no choice but to sleep outside in the rain.
The following day, SpongeBob uses Coupe to get to the Krusty Krab and picks up Patrick, but Coupe ejects him after the latter annoys him with pushing his buttons. Arriving at the restaurant, he disapproves of being seen around the restaurant since he thinks it is too disgusting for his fanciness. As a result, instead of letting SpongeBob go to work, he forces him to do what he wants, which involves being pampered at an auto repair shop. SpongeBob lyingly claims that he has to use the bathroom, so Coupe sets him free for a moment, unaware of his intentions.
However, he suspects that SpongeBob is up to something harmful upon witnessing his buy a bag from the car store. When SpongeBob returns, he takes what is revealed to be a steering wheel out of the bag and installs it to Coupe to get to the Krusty Krab. Coupe prevents SpongeBob from getting to work by restraining him with his seatbelts. To escape from his manipulation, SpongeBob orders a triple Krabby Patty with five scoops of ice cream from the drive-thru and throws it onto Coupe's technology, interfering with his operation. He is eventually lifted by Patrick, who wants the ice cream in which Coupe is covered.
SpongeBob gives up his self-driving days. Coupe asks what he plans on doing with him, and ends up becoming a kiddie ride outside of the Krusty Krab. He is rode excessively by Patrick while the latter eats ice cream, much to his misery and suffering.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Stupid Plan - Steve Belfer [The opening]
‣ Fun at the Seaside - Syd Dale ["You're a smart shopper."]
‣ At the Zoo - Gerhard Trede [The boat salesman shows SpongeBob the wimp wagon.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Self-driving?"]
‣ Film Fanfare (a) - Dick Walter [The boat salesman introduces Coupe to SpongeBob.]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - The boat salesman flies away with the money.
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield ["My very own boat!"]
‣ Fun Ahead - Eric Swan ["Settle down, Mr. SquarePants."]
‣ Man About Town - Laurie Johnson [SpongeBob goes for a drive with Coupe.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 21 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob plays the accordion.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Ah... I need to erase this from my mind."]
‣ City Bustle - Heinz Hoetter [Mrs. Puff drives next to SpongeBob.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani ["Ah... That was the best day of non-driving ever."]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr [Coupe honks at SpongeBob after it starts raining.]
‣ A Casual Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Hey, you know what would be fun?"]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, I'm tired."]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor Narholz [Coupe enters SpongeBob's bedroom.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (IV) - Jeremy Wakefield [Coupe breaks SpongeBob's bed.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Gary go down the stairs.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer [Coupe honks, waking up SpongeBob and Gary.]
‣ All Cars and Thames! - Ralph Dollimore [Gary attacks SpongeBob.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob goes outside with Gary to sleep.]
‣ Droopy - Arthur Wilkinson ["Mr. SquarePants, I can drive you to work."]
‣ Toy Piano - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob laughs and falls asleep.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Coupe runs into Patrick.]
‣ Highly Strung - George French [Patrick disturbs Coupe.]
‣ Cheap and Frozen Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Coupe arrives at the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob tries to undo his seatbelt.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [Coupe drives SpongeBob away from the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Buying Spree - William Loose [Coupe goes with SpongeBob to the boat wash and to the garage.]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor Narholz [Coupe spies on SpongeBob.]
‣ All Cars and Thames! - Ralph Dollimore [SpongeBob steers Coupe towards the Krusty Krab.]
‣ For a Lonely Girl - Norman Candler [At the elevator]
‣ Squidward's Tiki Land - Aaron Springer, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Coupe and SpongeBob arrive at the hotel rooftop.]
‣ All Cars and Thames! - Ralph Dollimore [SpongeBob speeds Coupe off towards the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Coupe refuses to let SpongeBob go to work.]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Coupe go through the drive-thru.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield ["My self-driving days are over."]
‣ Caliope Carousel - Roger Roger [Patrick rides in Coupe.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Coupe stops riding.]
‣ ? [SpongeBob gives Patrick a bag of quarters.]
‣ Caliope Carousel - Roger Roger [The ending]
- This is one of the few episodes where the Krusty Krab appears without Mr. Krabs.
- Irony: SpongeBob could have put Coupe in his garage if he did not want to be in the rain.
- This is the third episode where the Krusty Krab has a drive thru. The first is "Driven to Tears," and the second is "Drive Thru."
- Boat salesperson says, "Well, you don't need a license to drive a self-driving boat ," which is an easter egg to The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and in "Burst Your Bubble."
- This episode premiered on Carolyn Lawrence's 51st birthday, five years after SpongeBob Comics No. 17 was released, and three years after The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water was released in Pakistan.
- The "security blanket" that comes with the Wimp Wagon is a possible reference to "Dear Vikings," as the Vikings also use the security blanket to make the driver feel better.
- 124 Conch Street never had a driveway in any previous episodes.
- Besides this, Squidward's house is missing, probably due to the fact that the driveway is where his house usually is.
- Throughout the episode, whenever the Krusty Krab is seen, the Chum Bucket is missing.