- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Sandy Cheeks
- Squidward Tentacles (mentioned)
- Doodle Squidward (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs (mentioned)
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- Doodle Gary (debut)
- Squeaky the Balloon (debut)
- Doodle Squeaky (debut)
- Old coot (debut)
- Mini DoodleBobs (debut)
The episode starts with SpongeBob and Patrick going to Sandy's house for presenting to her Squeaky, an orange balloon, only to see that Sandy is working on a portal that takes you to any dimension. When Sandy goes to get something, SpongeBob and Patrick play with the controls of the machine, eventually clicking the button to open it. Despite Sandy's warnings, they accidentally enter the portal and travel to a completely white dimension. The two get scared at first, but realize they can draw whatever they want in the dimension. However, they still miss their friends, and Patrick, missing SpongeBob despite being next to him, draws DoodleBob.
DoodleBob goes onto Patrick's belly and duplicates into smaller versions of himself to bite Patrick. When SpongeBob washes off the doodle with a doodle hose, DoodleBob lands on the puddle made by the doodle hose and becomes huge. He starts attacking SpongeBob and Patrick, so the two try to use doodle versions of their friends to defeat him, but DoodleBob makes them turn on SpongeBob and Patrick.
DoodleBob ties Patrick on a rope and takes him to a castle, forcing SpongeBob to save him. SpongeBob starts going to DoodleBob's castle, but gets hit with several objects, including Patrick. DoodleBob draws up many smaller DoodleBobs to attack them, but SpongeBob draws a door to hide from the doodles. Unfortunately, Patrick accidentally calls them back, and the two are now surrounded by doodles.
SpongeBob comes up with the plan to make a doodle version of a balloon to get away from the doodles. When the doodles tower themselves to reach SpongeBob and Patrick, they decide to give the balloon to the doodles so they float away. Then SpongeBob draws a doodle version of Sandy so they can go back to their own dimension.
SpongeBob and Patrick return to their own dimension, with Sandy's confusion, and the episode ends with the old coot claiming to her for giving back his nuts.
Behind the scenes
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Arnold is Back 1 - Gregor Narholz [Title card]
• Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Opening]
• Gator - Steve Belfer ["Hey, Sandy!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks 39 - Jeremy Wakefield ["New invention?!"]
‣ ? [Portal to other worlds is shown.]
• Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy steals nuts from the farmer.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 23 - Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy eats nuts.]
‣ Unknown Track 24 - Control panel is shown.
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick randomly pushing buttons.]
• The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Patrick pushing buttons after Sandy leaves.]
‣ Missile Disaster - John Fox [SpongeBob activates the vortex/SpongeBob and Patrick enter at the vortex.]
‣ Cres. Trm + Hit 11 C Min - Marcin Pospieszalski [SpongeBob and Patrick going through the vortex.]
‣ Cres. Trm + Hit 11 A Min - Marcin Pospieszalski [SpongeBob and Patrick going through the vortex.]
• Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["Wow! We've entered a whole new dimension!"]
‣ Lost in Limbo 4 - Nicolas Carr ["Must be the boring dimension."]
‣ Unknown Track 90 - SpongeBob and Patrick run through the blank landscape.
‣ Unknown Track 107 - SpongeBob pulls the magic pencil out of his head.
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [SpongeBob draws his house, Patrick's and Squidward's with the magic pencil.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I miss real Krabby Patties!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick draws DoodleBob.]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [DoodleBob starts babbling.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield ["He disappeared!"]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [DoodleBob multiplies on Patrick's belly]
‣ Gag 12 - Zbigniew Wiszniewsk [Doodles biting Patrick's belly.]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [SpongeBob sprays hose at Patrick.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [Hole in Patrick's belly.]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [DoodleBob emerges from puddle.]
‣ Arnold is Back 1 - Gregor Narholz [DoodleBob tries to trample SpongeBob and Patrick.]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob makes doodles of Squidward, Krabs, and Gary to attack DoodleBob; Patrick "covers" SpongeBob]
‣ Dramatic Cue (E) - Ronald Hanmer [DoodleBob captures Patrick.]
‣ Battle March Link (a) - Keith Mansfield [SpongeBob sees that Patrick is captured at a doodle castle.]
‣ Battle March Link (d) - Keith Mansfield ["Surrender peacefully DoodleBob, or face the wrath of..."]
• Dunces and Dragons - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["...SpongeBob, knight of the square table!"]
‣ Battle March Link (f) - Keith Mansfield [DoodleBob launches fire stones to SpongeBob.]
• Star Trekkers 3 - Steve Marston ["Release my friend before I get really tough!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick teases DoodleBob.]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [SpongeBob and Patrick surrounded by copies of DoodleBob.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["We're still stuck here!"]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks 40 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob draws a doodle of Sandy.]
‣ ? [Doodle Sandy draws a vortex doodle.]
‣ Missile Disaster - John Fox [SpongeBob and Patrick return to Sandy's treedome through the portal.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick put on helmets.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What?"]
• Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Give me back my nuts!"]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 18 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- This is the first episode appearance of DoodleBob in the series since "Frankendoodle."
- When the episode originally aired, it was paired with "Grandmum's the Word." On the next day, it was paired with "Fun-Sized Friends."
- This is one of the few episodes to have a "The End" card.
- In the Nintendo DS game and the online game based on "Frankendoodle," Doodle Patrick, Squid Doodle, Doodle Plankton, and the other doodles are DoodleBob's employees and best friends, but they are not seen or referenced in this episode.
- Instead of recording new audio for DoodleBob in this episode, archival recordings of Paul Tibbitt's DoodleBob voice from "Frankendoodle" are re-used. Tibbitt himself was not called back to provide the voice again.
- The old coot in the live-action segment is portrayed by co-showrunner Vincent Waller, however, he is uncredited.
- This episode marks the first usage of the APM track "Death Trap" since "To Save a Squirrel."
- Irony: SpongeBob did not think to draw Sandy when Patrick mentioned her at the beginning of the episode, and did not think to draw her when he mentioned her at the end of the episode.
- The title card track for this episode is the same as "Frankendoodle."
- The way SpongeBob and Patrick run through a blank dimension, only to end up right back where they started, is similar to how Squidward runs through Nowhere in "SB-129."
- The music that plays when SpongeBob and Patrick try to find an exit is the same as the one in "Squidward in Clarinetland" when Patrick plays the pinball game, marking its first usage since that episode.
- This episode serves as the sequel to Season 2's "Frankendoodle," as it shares many similarities to said episode:
- The pencil that the artist dropped returns in this episode. It might have been possible that SpongeBob had it with him for the rest of the show.
- Doodlebob returns in this episode to get revenge on SpongeBob.
- The doodle version of SpongeBob's house reappears in this episode.
- SpongeBob draws a Doodle Squidward again.
- In various scenes, SpongeBob's writing shoe reappears and disappears either on his feet or him writing with it.
- After SpongeBob says, "Cover me!," he gives his shoe-pencil to Patrick. Patrick never gave it back to him, and after DoodleBob ties a doodle rope around Patrick, SpongeBob's shoe-pencil is back on his left foot.
- In the scene when Doodle Sandy draws a doodle vortex, SpongeBob's shoe-pencil disappears. But when SpongeBob and Patrick return to the treedome, SpongeBob's shoe is back on his foot.
- SpongeBob's eyelashes are missing when Patrick is jumping up and down while the mini doodles are running all over him. They reappear when the mini doodles are biting Patrick.
- This error also occurred when SpongeBob says "Too slow, DoodleBob!"