— DoodleBob, "Frankendoodle"
DoodleBob is the main antagonist of the episodes "Frankendoodle" and "Doodle Dimension," and the Nintendo DS game Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition. He also appears in numerous SpongeBob SquarePants video games, six books, and one comic book. He is drawn by SpongeBob when using the Magic Pencil.
- 1 Description
- 2 Role in series
- 3 Role in video games
- 3.1 Nicktoons Unite!
- 3.2 Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition
- 3.3 SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Pursuit
- 3.4 SpongeBob Saves Bikini Bottom
- 3.5 Hero's Choice
- 3.6 SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis SquareOff
- 3.7 Back to School Search
- 3.8 The Ultimate Bikini Bottom Buddy Search
- 3.9 Nick's Not So Ultimate Boss Battles
- 3.10 What's Your SpongeBob's Halloween Costume?
- 4 Trivia
He is a crudely drawn self-portrait of SpongeBob that comes to life. He lacks many of SpongeBob's specific details, such as SpongeBob's belt, socks, shoes, holes, and the squiggly-outline SpongeBob has.
Role in series
Because he was created using a magic pencil, DoodleBob comes to life.
SpongeBob intended to use him to play a harmless prank on Squidward, only for DoodleBob to start beating him up, swipe the magic pencil, and run away crazily, screaming gibberish. SpongeBob and Patrick chase him to where he had taken residence in a crudely drawn version of SpongeBob's house. When they corner him, SpongeBob erases DoodleBob with the magic pencil. However, unknown to SpongeBob and Patrick, SpongeBob misses one of DoodleBob's arms.
The arm infiltrates SpongeBob's house that night and then uses the magic pencil to restore himself before attacking SpongeBob. During a chase, he erases a portion of SpongeBob and his house.
As DoodleBob corners SpongeBob, he erases a portion of him and mocks him, provoking SpongeBob. SpongeBob and DoodleBob then struggle with the pencil and cause it to break into halves. SpongeBob restores himself and DoodleBob sharpens his piece of the pencil. DoodleBob corners SpongeBob once more, but when he is about to capture SpongeBob and literally erase him from existence, he gets stuck on a piece of paper. SpongeBob realizes this and then captures him in an empty book. The page he is trapped in soon sparkles and he develops a smile.
The next morning, Patrick comes to SpongeBob's house and asks what was making all the noise last night and sees DoodleBob framed on the wall. SpongeBob tells him what happened and says that DoodleBob was not evil but rather a "two-dimensional creature lost in [their] three-dimensional aquatic world, longing for a purpose." Patrick looks at the wrong picture and says that he still looks creepy.
When SpongeBob and Patrick accidentally cause Sandy's portal machine to warp them to a blank white dimension, the duo discovers everything they draw with the magic pencil comes to life, and have fun with it until Patrick draws a doodle of SpongeBob, which is revealed to be DoodleBob. He terrorizes them once again and he grabs the magic pencil. When SpongeBob draws doodles of Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Gary, he turns SpongeBob's doodles against him and Patrick by drawing angry eyebrows and mustaches on them.
DoodleBob later kidnaps Patrick and ties him to the flagpole of a doodle castle. SpongeBob attempts to charge into the castle but is attacked by miniature DoodleBobs. SpongeBob and Patrick draw a balloon and attempt to float away, but DoodleBob grabs it. The two manage to cut the string, with DoodleBob floating into the void of the blank dimension with his miniature clones.
He makes a cameo as a drawing under Mr. Krabs' table.
He makes a cameo as a drawing on a pole.
Role in video games
He appears as one of SpongeBob's special abilities. However, he is actually a 3D model designed to look like a 2D drawing.
Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition
DoodleBob is also the main antagonist of Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition, in which he takes over Bikini Bottom using another magic pencil.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Pursuit
He appears as a boss.
SpongeBob Saves Bikini Bottom
He is the main antagonist and a boss.
He is the main antagonist.
He is one of Plankton's army members.
Back to School Search
He appears on the title screen and in the game.
The Ultimate Bikini Bottom Buddy Search
Nick's Not So Ultimate Boss Battles
He is one of SpongeBob's bosses.
What's Your SpongeBob's Halloween Costume?
He is one of the costumes.
- DoodleBob was meant to be one of SpongeBob's costumes in the beta version of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game.
- He speaks gibberish, and in Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition, when he is seen arguing with DoodlePants about something, the text appears like random letters rather than "[DoodleBob speaking gibberish]," as seen in the closed-captions of "Frankendoodle."
- Even though DoodleBob speaks total gibberish, at one point he is heard speaking English in "Frankendoodle" when he says, "You doodle! Me SpongeBob!"
- When DoodleBob grabs Squidward and beats him up, SpongeBob briefly calls him DoodleBoy.
- Coincidentally, SpongeBob himself was originally going to be named SpongeBoy.