"Don't Look Now" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from Season 9. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick watch a horror movie. However, they are convinced that the villain of the movie is after them.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Incidental 49
- Squidward Tentacles
- Cinema anglerfish (debut)
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 81
- Old Man Jenkins
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 103
- Incidental K1
- Incidental 67 (kid)
- Incidental 73 (kid)
- Incidental 48 (kid)
- The Fisherman (silhouette only) (debut)
- Jennifer's boyfriend
- Two boys from the film
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 119
- Slasher McGee (debut)
- Gary the Snail
- Incidental 25
- Billy Fishkins (purple)
At the beginning of the episode, SpongeBob and Patrick are at Reef Cinema, going to see the movie Fisherman 4: Attack of the Hook. They meet Squidward, who laughs, saying they will not be able sleep after seeing the movie. They both claim they are grown-up men, but Squidward says "Boo" in a monotone voice and scares them effortlessly.
Then, they both decide to show Squidward that they are not afraid of Fisherman 4: Attack of the Hook. They go and see the movie, and are instantly scared. They try not to look at the movie, but it is over when they open their eyes. They stay for a second showing to try to keep their eyes open, but they fail again. When they get out, they realize that it is midnight, the time when the Fisherman strikes.
They quickly run home, and repeatedly mistake the Fisherman for shadows of harmless beings. They become so frightened that they are unable to walk to their houses by themselves. Both of them take turns walking the other home, but they are scared by a harmless noise in which they wake Squidward up. Squidward gets annoyed by this, so he carries them to their houses. Even after they get home, they yell back and forth between their houses, which annoys Squidward even more. Squidward then decides to disguise as the Fisherman to scare SpongeBob and Patrick. He goes on top of his house dressed as the Fisherman, and hooks Patrick's nose up, who then runs screaming into SpongeBob's house while getting his face ripped off by the hook. Patrick runs into SpongeBob's bedroom and scares him because of his ripped out face. He tells SpongeBob about the "Fisherman", and they become even more scared.
They board up the door to SpongeBob's bedroom, but Squidward enters through the window instead. SpongeBob and Patrick are scared out of their wits and exchange each other's underwear so they do not die in their own. While SpongeBob and Patrick are screaming, Squidward's head comes out of his disguise, while laughing, which SpongeBob and Patrick mistake as the Fisherman eating Squidward. They attack Squidward, attempting to save him. They throw him out of the window and Patrick then flings heavy objects on Squidward, leaving him in a coma. An ambulance comes to get Squidward, who is badly injured while SpongeBob and Patrick are glad that they do not have to worry about the Fisherman anymore.
Then the Fisherman costume gets raised up to the window and roars, this time without Squidward. SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward become scared out of their minds and go in the ambulance with Squidward, only for the Fisherman costume to fall, revealing Gary. The episode ends with Gary meowing in the Fisherman costume, spinning around inside it and then purring, as the episode ends.
This section is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's manual of style. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by making this section specific and short.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Straight from Hell 10 - Gregor F. Narholz [Title card.]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The opening.]
‣ Drama Link (D) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob and Patrick scream as they run off.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17A - Jeremy Wakefield [They stop running.]
‣ Cinema Screen 3 - Brian Fahey ["Ooh, the movie's starting!"]
‣ Evil Horror - Harry Lubin [The movie starts.]
‣ Happy Boy - Jack Shaindlin [Kids are playing.]
‣ Creeping Up [#63] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["The fisherman's hook!"]
‣ Enraptured [#43] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [A couple is making out.]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [A fish hook comes down.]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor F. Narholz ["Goodbye, Margaret!"]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford ["The fisherman!"]
‣ House Of Horror - William Merrick Farran ["Uh, sorry, sorry, sorry!"/SpongeBob and Patrick scream.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Two hours later."]
‣ Unknown Track 63 - "See if it's safe."
‣ ? [The movie ends.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Hawaiian sting.]
‣ ? ["Okay, keep your eyes open."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, my ice cream!"]
‣ Drama Link (O) - Hubert Clifford [Fish cries.]
‣ ? [Patrick holding SpongeBob's eyelids open.]
‣ Unknown Track 63 - SpongeBob and Patrick screaming.
‣ ? - The movie ends again.
‣ Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob and Patrick run out of the theater.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1B - Jeremy Wakefield ["...and avoided direct eye contact."]
‣ ? [SpongeBob starts walking Patrick home.]
‣ Unknown Track 63 - Ominous silhouette.
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 32A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, it's just Slasher McGee."]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Patrick starts walking SpongeBob home.]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["The fisherman! Aaah!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5A - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick run around.]
• Silly Bob Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward walks them home.]
‣ Tense Thoughts - Harry Lubin ["They want a fisherman, eh?"]
‣ Phantom of the Haunted Houseboat - Nicolas Carr [Squidward looks through his closet.]
‣ The Great White - Gregor F. Narholz [Squidward dressed as fisherman.]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Maybe this wasn't such a good idea."]
‣ Death of the Alien 2 [#40] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Patrick runs up to SpongeBob's bedroom.]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["Aaah, your face!"]
‣ Horror Crash - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob and Patrick scream and run around.]
‣ Death of the Alien 2 [#40] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Quick. Block the door."/Barricading the door.]
‣ Drama Link (f) - Hubert Clifford ["Maybe if we don't look at him, he'll go away."]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [Squidward appears behind SpongeBob and Patrick.]
‣ Death of the Alien 2 [#40] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Well I guess this is the end, old buddy."]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, good idea!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 21 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick trade underwear.]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["He's gonna turn us into fish sticks!"]
‣ Fight! Fight! Fight! - Will Schaefer ["You're going down, fisherman!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 8B - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward on gurney.]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [Fisherman costume stands up.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 25B - Jeremy Wakefield [The ending.]
- This episode is available on the It Came from Goo Lagoon, Nick-or-Treat!, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 15, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, Complete Ninth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- The title card is similar to that of "Gullible Pants," except it is a darker shade of green.
- This is the only season 9 episode to play the track "Straight from Hell."
- This is the second episode to use "Straight from Hell" as the title card music. The first is "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom."
- This is the third episode where SpongeBob watches a scary movie. The first is "Krab Borg" and the second is "Planet of the Jellyfish."
- This episode marks the third usage of the APM track "Fight! Fight! Fight! (a)." The first is in "The Great Snail Race" and the second is in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (as part of the song "Now That We're Men").
- This is the fourth appearance of an anglerfish. The first is "Rock Bottom," the second is The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, and the third is "Trenchbillies."
- This episode was paired up with "A Pal for Gary" on the Massive Monster Mayhem Marathon.
- This is the last episode to date where a time card ending in "...later" has no ellipsis.
- Rated S for Scary is a parody of the real life Motion Picture Association of America ratings.
- The episode title shares its name with a 1936 Merrie Melodies short.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are about to sit down in their seats for the first time, there is one crowd of fish, but when they sit down and then a wide shot is shown, most of the people in the original crowd have either moved or been replaced.
- After the movie starts, in the scene where Sophie shushes SpongeBob, some of the people around her have moved.
- When Squidward shoots SpongeBob back into his house, SpongeBob's outfit quickly switches from pants to underwear when he lands in the bedroom and is wearing shoes, but for the rest of the episode, he is barefoot.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick blockade the door, the window is too close to the wall. Also, it is the wrong door, as they blockade the one that goes to SpongeBob's library.
- SpongeBob puts Gary on the pile to shut the door. When Squidward enters through the window, Gary is gone.
- When Patrick drops things onto Squidward, he is on the first floor, although they are on the second floor at first.
- When Patrick throws stuff down on Squidward, the latter can be heard groaning and yelling in pain but his mouth doesn't move.
- Patrick has sharp teeth in this episode, although he has regular teeth in most episodes.
- In one scene the chimney on SpongeBob's house is missing.