"Don't Feed the Clowns" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, when a small clown gets left behind by the circus, SpongeBob takes the hapless harlequin under his wing.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Elephant snail (debut)
- Ringmaster (debut)
- Ringmaster's assistant (debut)
- Mrs. Puff
- Little clown (debut)
- Vendor (debut)
- CEO (debut)
- Fire fish
- Head baker (debut)
- Flats the Flounder
- Bikini Bottomites
SpongeBob and Patrick are watching clowns perform acts at the circus. SpongeBob then sees a little clown who seems hungry, so he offers him a piece of popcorn, though the ringmaster prevents this and tells SpongeBob not to feed the clowns. SpongeBob and Patrick then witness the other clowns saving no pieces of candy in a box for the little clown. Out of sympathy, SpongeBob tries to feed the clown a bag of popcorn. The little clown is then found hiding in a popcorn bucket and reveals that he wants a job.
SpongeBob then sees a hot dog stand and suggests that little clown get a job as a hot dog vendor. He shows him the ropes, but little clown does not serve them properly. Just then, a muscular fish spots the two interfering with his hot dog stand. He squeezes SpongeBob and the clown into a bun and then proceeds to throw it.
Later, at SpongeBob's house, SpongeBob tries making little clown's appearance less clown-like and more presentable for a job. Afterward, the clown gets a job as a businessman. Due to him slamming his stamp ink-covered face onto the papers and stamping his co-workers' faces, he gets fired from the job.
The next job that little clown gets is a fireman. He drives a firetruck to Mrs. Puff's Boating School, which is on fire. Instead of using a hose to put it out, he uses clown streamers. Afterward, the school burns down and Mrs. Puff furiously screams at little clown that he is fired.
The final job that little clown gets is a baker at the Bikini Bottom Bakery. SpongeBob has his sentient eyes enter the bakery to make sure he does not mess his job up this time. As with his previous occupations, he does not follow directions and instead throws pies at the customers. As a result, the little clown is fired. He and SpongeBob are then rolled into a pie by the head baker.
After this catastrophe, SpongeBob concludes that little clown is unfortunately not fit for a job. However, he then finds a place suitable for him in Kelp Forest. SpongeBob cuts the kelp with a machete and then reveals a colorful world full of clowns. The little clown, after a long time of suffering through misery, is finally happy thanks to this place.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Calling All Clowns - David Lindup [Title card and opening]
‣ Clowns' Cavalcade - Dick Walter [The circus clowns introduced.]
‣ Clowns - Dick Walter [The clowns perform.]
‣ Animation Antics - Dick Walter ["Are you hungry, little clown?"]
‣ Crazy Run - Tony Tape, Marc Monsen [All of the clowns pile into the car.]
‣ La Muette De Portici - Daniel Auber [An ambulance arrives.]
‣ Clowns - Dick Walter [The audience laughs.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I told you, SpongeBob, our feet are in danger!"]
‣ Clowns' Cavalcade - Dick Walter [SpongeBob and Patrick get into the backstage.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Poor little guy."]
‣ Unknown Track 17 - All the clowns get feed except for the little clown.
‣ Editor's Rapid Movement (c) - Dick Walter ["Don't... Feed... The clowns!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick run away from the circus.]
‣ Krazy Kops - Marc Monsen [All of the clowns pack everything into the car.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to the next scene]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees the circus is gone.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, where'd the circus go?"]
‣ ? [SpongeBob trips over the little clown.]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [The little clown does not want to go back to the circus; little clown eats the hot dog.]
‣ Charivari Clowns (a) - Daniel Jean Jeannin [Little clown juggles the hot dogs.]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Owner of the hot dogs stand appears.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to next scene.]
‣ Vergnugungspark - Gerhard Trede [SpongeBob gives the little clown a makeover.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to the next scene]
‣ Market Day - Kurt Rehfeld [Little clown hired as a businessman.]
‣ Krazy Kops - Marc Monsen [Little clown stamping papers with face and butt.]
‣ Market Day - Kurt Rehfeld [Little clown is fired.]
‣ Whistling Around - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Little clown runs away.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Little clown blows up and deflates a balloon.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea.]
‣ March of the Plotters (a) - Frank Thomas [Little clown starts working as a firefighter.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'll just make sure he gets there safely."]
‣ Return of the Keystone Cops - David Lindup [Mrs. Puff's boating school on fire.]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff gets angry.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["This is it, little clown.]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr [Little clown enters at the bakery.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Aha!"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - SpongeBob's eyes enter the bakery.
‣ Keystone Chaos - Ron Aspery [Flashback to little clown throwing pies.]
‣ Circus Parade (b) - Dick Walter [After pies get launched into the little clown.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - Little clown prepares to throw a pie to the baker.
‣ Dramatic Cue (g) - Ronald Hanmer ["No, little clown, no!"]
‣ I Say, I Say, I Say - David Lindup [Little clown throwing pies everywhere.]
‣ Unknown Track 33 - Baker gets angry.
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and little clown turned into pie.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, little clown, I'm so sorry."]
‣ Travelling Circus - Eric Jupp [Ending.]
- As of February 16, 2018, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.4/10 based on 5 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 0.0/10 based on 0 votes.
- Norway accidentally aired this episode on February 16, 2018, just four days after its release in the United States.
- This episode premiered seven years after "Love That Squid" and "Tunnel of Glove," four years after SpongeBob Comics No. 29 was released, and three years after "Germany 1" and "Germany 2" premiered and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water was released in Azerbaijan, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Portugal, and Russia.
- Even though SpongeBob helps a clown in this episode, he is not afraid of them, contrary to other episodes such as "Tunnel of Glove" and "Rodeo Daze."
- This episode may take place after he conquered his fear.
- The title is a pun on the phrase "don't feed the animals."
- When the ringmaster said, "Send in the clowns!," it is a reference to a song from the 1973 musical, A Little Night Music.
- The closed captioning has some typos, such as "Don't Feed the Clolos."
- In the end credits, Ringmaster is listed as "Ring Master."
- The ringmaster using his assistant as a whip.
- The ringmaster shouting "Don't feed the clowns!"
- The little clown getting fired from various jobs.
- The little clown throwing pies at people's faces.