A Deluxe Krabby Patty, also known as the Krabby Double Deluxe, is a double-patty version of the original Krabby Patty. Although previously mentioned, the patty does not make an appearance until the episode "Pressure."
It is a Krabby Patty that is much larger than the average version and contains double the amount of patties. The Deluxe Krabby Patty is unusually large, making it almost impossible for somebody to swallow the whole thing down.
Role in episode
When the sea creatures, SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs, brag about how sea creatures have the ability to do everything a land creature like Sandy cannot, Patrick brags that land creatures cannot eat a Krabby Double Deluxe in one bite. He then proceeds to swallow the patty. He struggles, as the burger is too large for him to consume, but he eventually manages to succeed.
Sandy then tries to eat one to prove Patrick wrong, but cannot because she wears a helmet. Thus, the patty's ingredients splatter all over it.
- Krabby Patties have already existed with the word deluxe in its name, including the Krabby Deluxe often found on the Galley Grub. Despite them existing prior, in "Greasy Buffoons," a customer states, "...something called a Deluxe Krabby Patty?"
- It is similar to the McDonald's Big Mac, except that it does not have a bun in the middle or secret sauce and contains a tomato.
- It is also possible that the Krabby Double Deluxe is a parody of the McDonald's Arch Deluxe.
- Patrick is the only person who knows how to swallow a whole Deluxe Krabby Patty in one bite.
- The face he makes when he does so has become a famous Internet meme.