The Day of Positivity was an event held to celebrate The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water. It involved the release of a music video for "Thank Gosh It's Monday," along with exclusive TV spots on Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1, and Comedy Central. SpongeBob hosted the event.
A website, DayofPositivity.com, was launched for viewers to create their own "positive" photos and share positive messages from SpongeBob. In the UK and Australia, social media accounts were made to follow a costumed Invincibubble mascot that appeared in public places wish a group of "FlashBob" dancers.
To coincide with the event, Cinemark Theaters also offered exclusive coupons to the first 500 visitors who saw The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water. Other theaters partnered with Paramount Pictures to host similar promotions across the U.S. and Canada.
Music video lyrics
Day of Positivity version
- SpongeBob: (plays kazoo)
- Plankton: You're not going to start singing, are you?
- SpongeBob: Be positive! That's the way to live!
- It's how you'll giggle once you've fallen down the stairs.
- That's right, be positive. It's your prerogative!
- Tell yourself a joke that's funny. Absorb the clue, now look, it's sunny!
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- During this event, The Weather Channel website and app changed to feature SpongeBob "saying" something positive when the user went to the current weather. The message would change to correspond with the weather.
- In Germany, the event was on February 19, which was on the same day of the theatrical release of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water in that country.
- This event happened on Clancy Brown's 56th birthday.