"CopyBob DittoPants" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season nine. In this episode, Plankton clones SpongeBob to steal the secret formula, but his plans may be ruined by the original SpongeBob.
- Karen Plankton
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- 297 SpongeBob SquarePants clones (debut)
- Me Two (debut)
- Me Three (debut)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Short customer (debut)
- Repeller Beanie Boy (debut)
- Jellyfish (mentioned)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 105
- Fred (blue)
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 64
- Patrick Star (cameo)
- Nine mini Patricks (cameo)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
When Plankton, Karen, and SpongeBob throw a party at the Chum Bucket, SpongeBob gets tricked into putting his face on a copy machine. Plankton puts the copier on "Scan" and it scans SpongeBob. He clicks print and makes a SpongeBob clone the next day and then colors the tie blue with a marker.
The next day, at the Krusty Krab, the copy walks over to the real SpongeBob and they work for Mr. Krabs. Squidward goes crazy because he thinks he is dreaming, causing him to beat up the customers and Krabs.
Plankton makes 305 more clones to ask for the formula but then after they find out what the formula is twice, one of them turns into a light gray hue. SpongeBob finds out that one of his copies was made to steal the formula. The copy then rolls up into the shape of a burrito and vanishes in mid-air. As SpongeBob cries for his loss of his friends and Plankton asks the other copies about the formula, the other clones quickly vanish as well, due to Plankton using cheap toner to make the clones. Mr. Krabs comes with the paychecks for the copies, and the final clone disappears. When Plankton comes out to find another SpongeBob, he asks for the formula before he disappears, but it was the real SpongeBob. SpongeBob is still sad for the loss, but Plankton says that the citizens are better with one SpongeBob.
Squidward comes back and then squishes Plankton after trying to fly and Plankton says "Right on my keys" and then the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Traveling Along in the Key of D - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ King Conga - Dennis Farnon [Party at the Chum Bucket]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer ["More fruit punch, SpongeBob?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["How's this?"]
‣ Alien Spacecraft (a) - Gregor Narholz [Plankton presses "Scan" button]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [Plankton tells SpongeBob to take the day off.]
‣ Twilight Zone - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Plankton prints a copy of SpongeBob.]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Copy goes to the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Alien Spacecraft (a) - Gregor Narholz [Squidward thinks he is dreaming.]
‣ ? [Drink cup floats in midair.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (IX) - Jeremy Wakefield [Kid with propeller hat]
• Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["What's your name, handsome stranger?"]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton asks copy for the secret formula.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton bounces.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You are to good to us, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Karen, did you know you're married to a genius?"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["You had it tattooed on my hard drive."]
‣ Alien Spacecraft (a) - Gregor Narholz [Plankton prints another copy.]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Copy puts Plankton in his mouth.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["This is why I never had children."]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["Yup, I'm still dreaming."]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward goes crazy.]
‣ Hostile Space - Harry Lubin [Copy asks Mr. Krabs for the secret formula.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey look, another handsome devil!"]
‣ Creeping Up [#63] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Neptune's puddle!"]
• March My Pretties - Nicolas Carr [Plankton playing snare drum.]
‣ Working Machines - Gerhard Trede [Army of copies]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Copies exit Mr. Krabs' office.]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede ["They all know the formula!"]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Copy disappears.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield ["What does that mean?"]
‣ Romantic Ending [#31] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob cries.]
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Other copies disappear.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick rolls on the ground.]
• Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["What's the formula?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton leaves the Krusty Krab.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Nice try, Plankton."]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer ["I can't believe they're all gone."]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 16, SeaSide Story, Complete Ninth Season, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- When Plankton tries to convince SpongeBob he has yellow jaundice and can't go to work, he is presumably referring to SpongeBob's "skin color." However, yellow jaundice causes the sclera (white part of the eyes) to be yellow, and this is interesting as characters on the show, including Plankton, have a yellow sclera.
- In the Russian dub, after original SpongeBob arrives to Krusty Krab, Squidward, instead of saying, "I said "Whatever," says, "You already said that to me."
- This episode confirms that Plankton has a tattooed picture of himself in a graduation gown, graduation cap, and eyeglass tattooed onto Karen's hard drive. It can possibly be assumed that Plankton built Karen in school, possibly college, as evidenced from episodes such as "Friend or Foe" and "Komputer Overload" that he built Karen, and episodes such as "Plankton!," "Pineapple Invasion," and "Karen's Baby" that he went to college, and likely had his graduation picture tattooed onto her hard drive.
- This episode confirmed that at the time, Plankton never had children. However, this is later contradicted in "Karen's Baby" with the introduction of Chip Plankton II.
- The SpongeBob clones disappearing as a result of Plankton trying to save money on ink is a reference to how expensive his inventions and experiments can be which begs the question as to how he can afford to pay for them all as he has no customers and was revealed in "Move It or Lose It" to be in debt, possibly broke.
- This episode marks Karen's first speaking role since The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.
- This is the first episode to have a title card with the title words being repeated more than twice.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob gets cloned. The first is "Overbooked."
- This is the second episode where Patrick gets shredded by a lawnmower. The first is "Born to Be Wild."
- This was the fourth episode to air for the May 2016 premiere week.
- In the Polish dub, the episode's title is "KseroBob Kopioporty," which translates to "PhotocopyBob CopyPants."
- In the scene where a bunch of clones march out of the Chum Bucket to the Krusty Krab, it is a reference to The Wizard of Oz.
- Patrick's line "Life is but a walking shadow" is a reference to "Macbeth" by William Shakespeare.
- When SpongeBob and CopyBob first walk into the Krusty Krab, the cup behind Squidward on the boat is not there, but then appears after a customer orders.
- Also, at the same time, one of CopyBob's eyelashes has a different color, as well as part of his left eye.
- The hat rack also disappears.
- The SpongeBob copies are able to each get a Krusty Krab employee hat even though Plankton is not shown cloning the hats and Mr. Krabs is never shown giving the copies their own hats.
- Likewise, Plankton colors the first SpongeBob copy's tie blue, but for the other copies, they already have a blue tie when sent out of the Chum Bucket.
- During the scene where Squidward attempts to fly, the Krusty Krab clam sign is missing.
- In one scene, the front teeth of one of the SpongeBob duplicates disappears.
- The location of Karen's wheels changes throughout the episode. Occasionally they are beneath the lower platform, but sometimes they also appear outside the lower platform, like in other episodes.