It looks like a normal piece of chum, except it is in a bulky round shape and has a better taste to it than normal chum. It is served on a small, round white plate.
- Grandma Tentacles' secret blend of seasonings and spices.
It has been stated that the food must be cooked for exactly 24 hours, or else it will cause an upset stomach.
Role in episode
The Chum Fricassee is first created after Squidward quits his job at the Krusty Krab due to Mr. Krabs taunting him about running a restaurant. To prove him wrong, he decides to go work at the Chum Bucket to perfect Plankton's chum.
Squidward makes the recipe, and then has Plankton taste it, which the latter finds it delicious. Shortly after becoming publicly available, Squidward and the fricassee rise to fame, with Squidward being featured on television and even in magazines. With all of the success the Chum Bucket is having, the Krusty Krab cannot compete and loses business.
Everything goes well until Grandma Tentacles storms into the Chum Bucket, enraged about Squidward incorrectly cooking her secret recipe. Squidward, who originally told Plankton to cook the Chum Fricassee for exactly 24 hours, had forced him to undercook it in order to get it out quicker for the many waiting customers. According to Grandma Tentacles, if the Chum Fricassee is not cooked for exactly 24 hours, it will leave people with an upset stomach.
The angry customers then form an angry mob and burn down the Chum Bucket after hearing that they were eating undercooked food.
- The Chum Fricassee is the second chum food to have an episode named after it. The first is the Chum Bucket Supreme.
- The word "fricassee" means "to fry or roast" in French, which means that Chum Fricassee could be translated to "Fried Chum" or "Roasted Chum."
- The Chum Fricassee were one of two chum food items that citizens thought tasted delicious. The Chummy Patties from the episode "Greasy Buffoons" were also deemed to taste delicious, but it was due to the grease.
- To date, this is the only chum food not to be invented by Plankton, not counting the different flavored types of chum shown in "The Hankering."
|Chum Bucket (V • E)|
Owner: Sheldon J. Plankton
Machines: Cashina • Chumbot • Ghost extracting machine • Transmogrifier • Simmy • SpongeBot SteelPants • Tally • Robot Krabs • Robot SpongeBob • Plankton's robot • Karen 2 • Majestic Sizzlemaster • Baby gas