Chum Fricassee (pronounced free-ca-see) was one of many chum-related foods exclusive to the Chum Bucket and appears in the episode of the same name. It was invented by Grandma Tentacles and served by Squidward.
It looks like a normal piece of chum, except it is in a round shape and has a better taste to it than normal chum. It is served on a small round white plate.
- Plankton's chum
- Grandma Tentacles' secret blend of seasonings and spices.
It has been stated that the food must be cooked for exactly 24 hours, or it will cause an upset stomach.
Role in episode
The Chum Fricassee was first created after Squidward quit his job at the Krusty Krab due to Mr. Krabs taunting him about running a restaurant. To prove him wrong, he decides to go work at the Chum Bucket to perfect Plankton's chum. Squidward creates a mass of chum, and then has Plankton taste it for too much success. Shortly after becoming publicly available, Squidward and the fricassee rise to fame, with Squidward being featured on television and even in magazines. With all the success the Chum Bucket is having, the Krusty Krab cannot compete, and almost loses business.
Everything goes well until Grandma Tentacles storms into the Chum Bucket, furious about Squidward incorrectly using her secret recipe. Squidward, who originally told Plankton to cook the Chum Fricassee for exactly 24 hours, forced him to undercook it in order to get it out quicker. According to Grandma Tentacles, she says that if the Chum Fricassee is not cooked for exactly 24 hours, it will leave people with an upset stomach.
The angry customers then form an angry mob and burn down the Chum Bucket after hearing that they were eating undercooked food.
- The Chum Fricassee is the second chum food to have an episode named after it. The first is the Chum Bucket Supreme.
- The word "fricassee" means "to fry or roast" in French, which means that Chum Fricassee could be translated to "Fried Chum" or "Roasted Chum."
- The Chum Fricassee is one of two chum food item that citizens thought tasted delicious. The Chummy Patties from the episode "Greasy Buffoons" were also deemed to taste delicious, but it was due to the grease.
- To date, this is the only chum food not to be invented by Plankton.