- Squidward Tentacles
- Squidward's toilet
- Squidward's toilet paper (debut)
- Bikini Bottom Choir (debut)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Singing traffic cop (debut)
- Patrick Star (mentioned)
Squidward takes a shower and gets dressed, and prepares to audition for open chair at the Bikini Bottom Men's Chorus. When he steps outside, SpongeBob is lying on the ground, depressed. SpongeBob tells him that the reason he is so sad is that Patrick is out of town for a family reunion, and he needs someone to play with and something to do until Patrick gets back. SpongeBob asks Squidward where he is going, and asks Squidward if he can come with him. Squidward says no. SpongeBob tries to show Squidward he can sing, but Squidward rides off, leaving him in the dust. SpongeBob digs a pothole, and when Squidward falls into it, he tumbles into Jellyfish Fields, where a swarm of jellyfish surround and sting him as SpongeBob takes advantage of his "captive audience."
Later, Squidward is back to riding his recumbent bicycle. When he sees he is almost late, he takes a detour through grass, where he is stopped by SpongeBob, who is dressed as a policeman. He gives Squidward a ticket for "reckless frowning" and not listening to him sing. Squidward rips off his mustache, yells at him, ties him to coral with some kelp, and rides off. When Squidward sings "figaro," SpongeBob also sings, generating sound waves which cause the kelp to fall apart and attract jellyfish, which carry him away.
Meanwhile, Squidward arrives in time and takes his place. After spending a considerable amount of time clearing his throat, the music begins and he sings along, quite poorly. SpongeBob, carried by jellyfish, comes in, singing. The fish find his voice beautiful and give him the open chair, as well as a mustache which he wears. SpongeBob accepts, but only if they find a spot for his "inspiration and great friend," Squidward. They agree. During the concert, SpongeBob sings. Squidward is in charge of turning the pages of his songbook, which he does with a bitter look on his face.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Cavatina Figaro - Gioacchino Rossini, Helmuth Brandenburg [opening]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [Squidward gets out of the shower]
‣ Cavatina Figaro - Gioacchino Rossini, Helmuth Brandenburg [photo of Bikini Bottom Men's Choir]
‣ Steel Link (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward goes outside]
‣ Silly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob lying on the ground]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Squidward smiles]
‣ Silly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Oh, what a lovely day! For me!"]
‣ Hawaiian Breeze - Jon Jelmer ["My playmate Patrick is away at a family reunion."]
‣ Silly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Well, I've got no time for the likes of you."]
‣ Comic Walk - Nicolas Carr ["Wow!"]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward riding bike]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward laughs]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob thinks for a second]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob riding unicycle]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [giant pothole]
‣ Comic Capers B - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [Squidward lands in Jellyfish Fields]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["What a lucky break!"]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward stung by jellyfish]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm almost late for choir practice!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob as a cop]
‣ The Mob - Sam Spence [SpongeBob writes Squidward a ticket]
‣ O Solo Mio Mandolin - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob starts to sing]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Squidward pulls off SpongeBob's mustache]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward ties SpongeBob to a tree]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward leaves]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [Squidward rides off]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [choir practice]
‣ Le Prophete - Coronation March - Giacomo Meyerbeer [everyone cheers]
‣ Magic Potion 1 [#95] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["A mustache... for me?!"]
‣ Magic Potion 2 [#96] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Squidward, look!"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward sighs]
‣ Gametime - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Jeopardy-style music]
‣ ? ["...my inspiration and great friend, Squidward."]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [ending]
- The episode is available on the SpongeBob's Truth or Square, Season 6 Volume 2, Complete Sixth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- Although this episode premiered in 2009, it was made in 2008 according to the credits.
- This episode aired in Germany on Saturday, December 20, 2008, before it aired in the United States.
- This was the fifth and last episode to premiere during Nickelodeon's "The Bob Squad."
- When this episode premiered in the United States, it was paired up with "Komputer Overload."
- The Bikini Bottom Men's Chorus reappears in "A Day Without Tears."
- The Granny from "Have You Seen This Snail?" and "Boating Buddies" plays the piano in this episode.
- This is the second episode to show Squidward's toilet alive. The first is "House Fancy."
- This is the second time SpongeBob wears a mustache. The first is "The Pink Purloiner."
- "Figaro" comes from "The Barber of Seville", an opera by Gioachino Rossini.
- When SpongeBob lays on the ground and puts his hand on Squidward near beginning of the episode, SpongeBob's hand can be seen through Squidward's tentacles.
- Apparently, SpongeBob and the jellyfish know how to get to Bikini Bottom Men's Choir Studio despite Squidward never telling them where.
- When SpongeBob finishes singing, Squidward is behind him. When SpongeBob is talking to the people about singing in the choir, Squidward is off to the side.
- When SpongeBob is singing at the end of the episode, Squidward has to turn the page for SpongeBob, but he turns it in the wrong direction.