"ChefBob" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season 11. In this episode, when Mr. Krabs puts in an open kitchen, SpongeBob gets stage fright and invents a new persona who becomes famous for insulting everyone.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- ChefBob (single appearance)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Squidward puppet (single appearance)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Mr. Krabs puppet (single appearance)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Bubble Bass
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 10
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 30
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 30A
- Incidental 15
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 11
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 22
- Incidental F4
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 152
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 47
- Live-action audience
This episode opens at the Krusty Krab, where the customers are watching SpongeBob cook instead of spending money as Mr. Krabs desires. Mr. Krabs then realizes that SpongeBob has the talent and decides to put on an open kitchen by smashing a hole in the wall. SpongeBob gets nervous and hides in the dressing room, but Mr. Krabs threatens to fire SpongeBob if he does not perform.
SpongeBob goes out to perform, but his stage fright can be visible from making a Krabby Patty with the wrong ingredients. SpongeBob hides under the grill, but while under the grill, he decides to make a puppet named ChefBob with a paper lunch sack that he finds. The puppet became an instant success, but when Squidward snubs a customer under his breath, the puppet becomes alive and overhears him, and begins to make jokes that infuriate SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs, without SpongeBob operating or voicing. ChefBob then starts to make insulting jokes, which the customers appreciate as comedy.
After the puppet makes fun of Squidward, SpongeBob fights with the puppet, causing the customers to leave. Afterward, the puppet is "fired" and gets kicked out of the restaurant by Squidward.
Finally, the episode closes with Squidward showing the others. ChefBob having his own show, even after being detached from SpongeBob and swept away by a floor buffer outside, causing Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and SpongeBob to faint in shock.
- ChefBob insulting the customers.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Drunken Sailor - Nicolas Carr [Title card]
• Another Krusty Krab Day 3 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening.]
‣ Entry of the Gladiators - R.A.F. Music Library [SpongeBob making Krabby Patties while customers watch him.]
‣ Circus Parade (B) - Dick Walter ["Ta-da!"]
• Ad Lib Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea to still making money.]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob doesn't see the wall.]
• Breathing Underwater - Nicolas Carr ["I have x-ray vision! I can see through walls!"]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Why'd you do that?"]
• Galley Cooks Shanty 3 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs talks SpongeBob about the open kitchen.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 15 - Jeremy Wakefield [Closet is shown.]
• A Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Come on, boy-o, it's showtime!"]
‣ Box Office [#80] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["SpongeBob, if you don't come out, you're fired!"]
‣ Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples [SpongeBob comes out of the closet nervously.]
• A Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs pushes SpongeBob towards the grill.]
• Light Suspense Segway - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, what am I do? What am I do?"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees a paper bag.]
‣ Hippo Bird - Arthur Wilkinson [ChefBob introduced.]
◦ The ChefBob Song - Kaz Prapuolenis [SpongeBob sings this.]
‣ Acrobats and Clowns A - Alfi Kabiljo [Plays during "The ChefBob Song."]
‣ Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples [Customers cheer.]
• Cheap and Frozen Short - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Line of customers at the Krusty Krab.]
• Big Band Bumpers - Nicolas Carr ["Hi, everybody! Who's hungry?"]
• Rodeo - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ChefBob makes Krabby Patties in a western-themed way.]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
‣ Acrobats and Clowns A - Alfi Kabiljo [ChefBob pulls patties from behind customers' heads and puts on the grill.]
‣ Clown in Town - Philippe Pares [ChefBob insults people.]
• Comic Drum Shots - Nicolas Carr [Rimshot #1]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [Rimshot #2]
• Comical Shots - Nicolas Carr [Rimshot #3]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1A - Jeremy Wakefield [Harold sheds a tear.]
‣ Variety Performance - Cedric Palmer [Customers cheering ChefBob.]
• Tip Toe Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gives Krabs a list of things that ChefBob needs.]
‣ Big Julie - Kenny Graham ["What's the matter, Krabs? You don't like money?"]
• Silly Bob Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Need I remind you that my insults pay your salary?"]
‣ Take a Bow 1 - David Lindup [ChefBob brings Squidward upfront.]
• Comic Drum Shots - Nicolas Carr [Rimshot.]
‣ So Tired - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [Customers laugh at Squidward as he shrinks, embarrassed.]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["All right, that's it!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward reappears.]
• Comical Shots - Nicolas Carr [Rimshot.]
• Porous Pursuit - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ChefBob fights SpongeBob.]
‣ Fierce Fight - Gerhard Trede [ChefBob and SpongeBob have a spatula fight.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 24C - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers leave the Krusty Krab.]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [ChefBob is fired from the Krusty Krab.]
• Cheap and Frozen Jig 2 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I learned a very valuable lesson today."]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
• Big Band Bumpers - Nicolas Carr [The ChefBob Cooking with Insults Show.]
‣ Circus Life - Laurent Couson [ChefBob's performance]
• Shave and a Haircut - Nicolas Carr [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 19 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- "My leg!:" Fred screams this when Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to break a leg during his cooking show.
- This episode and the previous are one of the few episodes to have a "The End" card.
- This is the second episode in which Squidward shrinks in embarrassment after everyone laughs at him. The first is "SpongeBob's Place."
- This is the 250th appearance of Incidental 41.
- At the end of the episode, "Shave and a Haircut" can be heard, similar to the end of "Bunny Hunt."
- This is the first time "So Tired" has played since "Bummer Vacation." 12 years earlier.
- This is also the first time "So Tired" is played at normal pitch since The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- SpongeBob having stage fright contradicts the fact that in many episodes, he is perfectly fine going on stage.
- This is the least viewed episode in season 11 at 1.04 million U.S. viewers, surpassing the former holder, "High Sea Diving," with its 1.21 million U.S. viewers.
- This is the first episode since "Burst Your Bubble" to use a track from Warner/Chappell Production Music (CPM).
- This episode was the least-viewed episode of the series for 5 months and 18 days at 1.04 million U.S. viewers, being replaced by-then "The Ballad of Filthy Muck" having 0.95 million U.S. viewers.
- In the French dub, the Irish dub, and the Italian dub, the title card is untranslated.
- This is one of few episodes in the season to not end with an iris out.
- ChefBob is the second character created by SpongeBob that ended up becoming sentient on his own, with the first being Bubble Buddy.
- When SpongeBob goes under the grill, an urchin can be found. This is a reference to the episode "Eek, an Urchin!"
- SpongeBob putting a shoe onto the Krabby Patty he nervously makes is a reference to the episode "Pickles."
- ChefBob insulting the customers is a reference to famous chef and Hell's Kitchen host Gordon Ramsay.
- When SpongeBob overhears ChefBob making offensive jokes to the customers, he is not wearing his chef hat.
- When SpongeBob was ChefBob, the wall Mr. Krabs demolished is not there, but when ChefBob is seen on his own show, the wall is back.
- When ChefBob was pushing the spatula towards SpongeBob, SpongeBob's puppet arm disappears.