This article is in need of a better quality video. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better video.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- SpongeBob's skeleton
- Gary the Snail
- Gary's collar (debut)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Handsome Squidward (cameo in a painting)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Sea bear (cameo in picture)
- Master Marty (debut)
- Lady on Chatterbox order line (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Nat Peterson
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Nathiel Waters
- Jennifer Millie
- Raymond (debut)
The episode begins with SpongeBob trying to do things for Gary, but has trouble as Gary can't tell him what he wants. SpongeBob sees that he can buy a chatterbox collar for Gary in a magazine, so he orders one and the package arrives immediately.
SpongeBob starts asking Gary a couple questions now that he can talk, and afterwards shows several of his friends that Gary is able to talk now. However, when SpongeBob shows Gary to Squidward, he mocks Squidward on many of the things he does. Because of this, Squidward goes into SpongeBob's house at night and makes Gary's collar an irritation to SpongeBob so he'll remove it from him.
Squidward takes out Gary's collar and puts on another collar in which he can talk through using a walkie talkie. After a while of making SpongeBob do tasks due to Squidward making Gary supposedly ask him for tasks, he stops doing so when SpongeBob has moved his house faraway.
Unfortunately, SpongeBob's house rolls down the hill he put it in, causing it to roll down Bikini Bottom. After awhile, SpongeBob's house falls down an extremely steep cliff, making SpongeBob homeless. Back at where SpongeBob's house used to be, SpongeBob is crying immensely. Gary finds out that Squidward has caused all of this, and throws his collar into Squidward's mouth. The episode ends with Squidward only being able to meow and getting beaten up by worms, while SpongeBob's house rolls back into position.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The opening]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Gary points to the magazine.]
‣ Bobmatisme - Achille Alberto Scotti [SpongeBob orders translation collar for Gary.]
‣ World of Fantasy - Gregor Narholz [The collar starts translating what Gary says.]
‣ Rainbow Delights - Magnum Opus ["I dream I'm flying above it all."]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor Narholz [Gary throws fire through his mouth to Bikini Bottom.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream big, right?"]
‣ Surf 02 158 D - Dieguis Productions/Big Fish Audio [The hot rod shell is shown.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield ["How do I look in these pants?"]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob shows Patrick that Gary can talk.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick licks his hand.]
• Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob shows Sandy that Gary can talk.]
‣ ? [Squidward meditates.]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob shows Squidward that Gary can talk.]
‣ Harpsichord Classical Bits - Barry Anthony [Squidward shows Gary his art gallery.]
‣ Fooling Around 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Gary criticizes Squidward's art.]
‣ ? [Gary sees the meditation video.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (X) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Come, Papa Bob. Let's get out of here before this bad taste rubs off on us."]
‣ ? [Meditation video again.]
‣ Evil Mind 3 - Dick De Benedictis ["Oh, I will...!"]
• Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Gary go to sleep.]
‣ Slinky Panther Pants - Nicolas Carr [Squidward replaces Gary's collar.]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Gary orders SpongeBob water and to go to the park.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Gary return from the park.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob moves his house a block away.]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["You're right, Gary. The view is nicer over here."]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's house rolls away down the road.]
‣ Invasion - Alfred Ralston [SpongeBob almost falls off the cliff.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Uff... That was close, huh, Gary?"]
‣ Invasion - Alfred Ralston [SpongeBob's house rolls off the cliff.]
‣ Drama Link (f) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob's house rolls away.]
• M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries.]
‣ Short Rising Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Gary throws Squidward's walkie-talkie to his throat.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (I) - Jeremy Wakefield [Gary meows.]
• Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's house comes back.]
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The ending]
- This was the first episode to be produced and premiere in 2018.
- This episode's title card was reused for "Gary's Got Legs."
- This episode premiered seven years after "Love That Squid" and "Tunnel of Glove," four years after SpongeBob Comics No. 29 was released, and three years after "Germany 1" and "Germany 2" premiered and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water was released in Azerbaijan, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Portugal, and Russia.
- This is the first episode to premiere in the I ♥ SpongeBob week.
- This is the second episode to feature an African-American voice actor. The first was "Kenny the Cat."
- The artwork on the wall references the episodes "Not Normal," "Gone," "Squid's Visit," "A Friendly Game," "Bubble Buddy Returns," "Out of the Picture," "Unreal Estate," and "The Two Faces of Squidward."
- This is the first episode to use "Clownfish Capers" as the title card music since "Patrick-Man!"
- This is the first episode to use "Oh, god! Oh, god!", instead of replacing "God" with "Neptune."
- This episode marks the third physical appearance of Snail-Po. The first is "Missing Identity" and the second is "SpongeBob You're Fired."
- This is the second time a character pops out of a TV screen. In this case it is Master Marty, who tells Squidward to answer the door. The first is the Realistic Fish Head in "Procrastination".
- SpongeBob's secret personal diary from "Little Yellow Book" reappears in this episode. However, said diary is recolored in this episode.
- This episode reunites Tom Kenny and Keith David as they were working in the TBS animated series Final Space.
- Squidward's band uniform from "Band Geeks" reappears in his closet.
- The names Gary calls SpongeBob and his friends thanks to the collar:
- SpongeBob - Papa Bob
- Patrick - Stinky Man
- Sandy - Hairy Astronaut Lady
- Squidward - Grouchy Man
- When Squidward meditates, the wrinkles on his head are gone.
- When Squidward climbs down SpongeBob's house, the rake is not there.