- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Gary's collar (debut)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Handsome Squidward (cameo in a painting)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Sea bear (cameo in picture)
- Master Marty (debut)
- Lady on Chatterbox order line (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Nat Peterson
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Nathiel Waters
- Jennifer Millie
- Raymond (debut)
The episode begins with SpongeBob reading a magazine with Gary in his living room. Gary tries to imply something by constantly meowing. SpongeBob thinks that he wants to be fed or taken for a walk, but Gary actually wants the chatterbox translation collar shown in the magazine.
SpongeBob orders it for him, and Gary puts it into effective use by describing his owner and acquaintances. SpongeBob then goes to Squidward's house to show him that Gary can speak using his collar. Gary describes Squidward's art as unappealing and deems him naïve. Angered, Squidward wants revenge on Gary for his speeches.
Later at night, Squidward breaks into SpongeBob's bedroom, steals the translation collar, and replaces it with a walkie-talkie. Afterwards, Squidward speaks into Gary's collar and pressures SpongeBob with commands like giving him water and taking him to the park during the night, taking advantage of SpongeBob's tiredness.
When Squidward says that Gary wants to move SpongeBob's house a block away, SpongeBob then adds wheels to his house and removes it from Conch Street's property, sending it rolling down the road, forcing SpongeBob to chase after it.
In the morning, SpongeBob and Gary are seen in an empty space where their home used to be, and the former is depressed due to his homelessness. Gary's collar, under the manipulation of Squidward, suggests living in a hole. SpongeBob then proceeds to dig a hole. During the process, Gary notices Squidward behind a brick wall, using his collar, realizing that Squidward is responsible for the loss of SpongeBob's house.
Gary takes the collar back from him and kicks the walkie-talkie into Squidward's throat, which makes him sound like Gary. This attracts sea worms, who start to go after Squidward. Just then, SpongeBob's house is rolled back into its original space.
The episode ends with Squidward being attacked by the worms at the Pet Park.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The opening]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Gary points to the magazine.]
‣ Bobmatisme - Achille Alberto Scotti [SpongeBob orders translation collar for Gary.]
‣ World of Fantasy - Gregor Narholz [The collar starts translating what Gary says.]
‣ Rainbow Delights - Magnum Opus ["I dream I'm flying above it all."]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor Narholz [Gary throws fire through his mouth to Bikini Bottom.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream big, right?"]
‣ Surf 02 158 D - Dieguis Productions/Big Fish Audio [The hot rod shell is shown.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield ["How do I look in these pants?"]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob shows Patrick that Gary can talk.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick licks his hand.]
‣ Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob shows Sandy that Gary can talk.]
‣ ? [Squidward meditates.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - SpongeBob shows Squidward that Gary can talk.
‣ Harpsichord Classical Bits - Barry Anthony [Squidward shows Gary his art gallery.]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [Gary criticizes Squidward's art.]
‣ ? [Gary sees the meditation video.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (X) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Come, Papa Bob. Let's get out of here before this bad taste rubs off on us."]
‣ ? [Meditation video again.]
‣ Evil Mind 3 - Dick De Benedictis ["Oh, I will...!"]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Gary go to sleep.]
‣ Slinky Panther Pants - Nicolas Carr [Squidward replaces Gary's collar.]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Gary orders SpongeBob water and to go to the park.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Gary return from the park.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob moves his house a block away.]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["You're right, Gary. The view is nicer over here."]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's house rolls away down the road.]
‣ Invasion - Alfred Ralston [SpongeBob almost falls off the cliff.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Uff... That was close, huh, Gary?"]
‣ Invasion - Alfred Ralston [SpongeBob's house rolls off the cliff.]
‣ Drama Link (f) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob's house rolls away.]
‣ M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries.]
‣ Short Rising Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Gary throws Squidward's walkie-talkie to his throat.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (I) - Jeremy Wakefield [Gary meows.]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's house comes back.]
‣ Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The ending]
- This was the first episode to be produced and premiere in 2018.
- This episode's title card was reused for "Gary's Got Legs."
- This episode premiered seven years after "Love That Squid" and "Tunnel of Glove," four years after SpongeBob Comics No. 29 was released, and three years after "Germany 1" and "Germany 2" premiered and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water was released in Azerbaijan, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Portugal, and Russia.
- This is the second episode to feature an African-American voice actor. The first was "Kenny the Cat."
- The artwork on the wall references the episodes "Not Normal," "Gone," "Squid's Visit," "A Friendly Game," "Bubble Buddy Returns," "Out of the Picture," "Unreal Estate," and "The Two Faces of Squidward."
- This is the first episode to use "Clownfish Capers" as the title card music since "Patrick-Man!"
- This is the first episode to use "Oh, god! Oh, god!", instead of replacing "God" with "Neptune."
- This episode marks the third physical appearance of Snail-Po. The first is "Missing Identity" and the second is "SpongeBob You're Fired."
- SpongeBob's secret personal diary from "Little Yellow Book" reappears in this episode. However, said diary is recolored in this episode.
- This episode reunites Tom Kenny and Keith David as they were working in the TBS animated series Final Space.
- Squidward's band uniform from "Band Geeks" reappears in his closet.
- The names Gary calls SpongeBob and his friends thanks to the collar:
- SpongeBob - Papa Bob
- Patrick - Stinky Man
- Sandy - Hairy Astronaut Lady
- Squidward - Grouchy Man
- When Squidward meditates, the wrinkles on his head are gone.
- When Squidward climbs down SpongeBob's house, the rake is not there.
This article is in need of a better quality video. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better video.