This article is in need of a better quality video. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better video.
"Cave Dwelling Sponge" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from Season 11. In this episode, when a prehistoric Sponge is unfrozen, he causes chaos all over town – and only SpongeBob can communicate with him.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail
- Spongy Spongy (debut)
- Perch Perkins
- Officer Nancy O'Malley
- Orange cop
- Incidental 118
- Green officer
- Police sergeant
- Incidental 48
- Abigail's tongue (debut)
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 85
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 24
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 84
- The criminal from "Bubble Buddy" (cameo)
- Incidental 81
- Incidental 47
The episode begins with SpongeBob walking barefoot with Patrick, out on a nature walk into the forest. SpongeBob then decides to go explore a nearby ice cave. Inside the cave, Patrick gets his tongue stuck on the ice. SpongeBob uses hot chocolate to melt the ice, and Patrick's tongue is burnt and freed. Patrick passes out and the hot chocolate melts all the ice and a prehistoric sponge named Spongy Spongy emerges from it. He then follows SpongeBob, fascinated by the squeaky sound of his shoes. He then hides in SpongeBob's bag for the rest of his trip.
SpongeBob then arrives back home and leaves Patrick next to his rock with his tongue tied on a rack. SpongeBob then goes home to find Gary waiting for him. He leaves the heavy bag on a peg and Spongy Spongy jumps out. He is curious about Gary and then follows SpongeBob around his house and into the bathroom in which he jumps into the sink. SpongeBob mistakes the cave sponge for a mirror of himself. SpongeBob goes to a special room in which he gets dressed and Spongy follows. Spongy also gets dressed like SpongeBob by the machine but the shoes don't seem to fit him, which makes him sad. He follows SpongeBob out of his house and into the streets of Bikini Bottom.
Spongy continues to follow SpongeBob, and attempts to mimic SpongeBob's movements, but causes destruction instead. He then follows SpongeBob into The Krusty Krab kitchen, then freaks out over the sound of the blender and gets on the hanger with the pots and pans.
Mr. Krabs then calls SpongeBob to go out of the kitchen and into the dining room. Multiple people accuse SpongeBob of breaking their stuff, leading to his arrest. SpongeBob tries to explain that he was framed, but the police don't listen. He then gets taken away to jail. Mr. Krabs says that he is going to visit SpongeBob in jail and leaves Squidward in charge of the cooking.
Squidward is mad about Mr. Krabs putting him in charge of the grill. When Squidward flips a Krabby Patty into the air, Spongy Spongy eats it and falls along with the hanger and the pots and pans. Squidward thinks it's SpongeBob already let out of jail. Squidward says that he looks terrible. Squidward puts Spongy Spongy in charge of the grill.
Spongy Spongy breaks the ketchup bottle and makes a hand mark with it on his left eye. Spongy Spongy goes to the back of The Krusty Krab and hides behind two trashcans. Frankie Billy drives to the back of The Krusty Krab. Spongy Spongy attacks his boat and takes his engine out of his boat. Spongy Spongy makes Krabby Patties with the engine. Squidward gives them to the customers. They don't like it and get mad at Squidward.
The customers throw Squidward into the kitchen. When Squidward scolds Spongy for messing up the Krabby Patties, Spongy Spongy gets mad at him and attacks him and the customers. They all run out out of The Krusty Krab as Spongy Spongy gives chase, destroying things in his path. Perch Perkins reports on the news that SpongeBob has gone crazy. Spongy Spongy then hits Perch Perkins on the head with his club, injuring the reporter.
The police officer takes SpongeBob to see Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob taps his shoe out of nervousness, as Spongy Spongy hears it and breaks the fence. SpongeBob talks to his boss and frantically tells him he didn't do anything, as Mr. Krabs isn't buying his employee's story but wants to help him. He tells SpongeBob to just confess, since nobody else in town looks like him, before Spongy Spongy promptly breaks through the wall and the shocked Mr. Krabs sees SpongeBob was actually telling the truth and Spongy Spongy was really the culprit of the destruction. The two watch as Spongy Spongy breaks the glass in the room as it lands on Mr. Krabs. Perch Perkins appears out of nowhere and reports that the fry cook is actually Spongy Spongy and declares that Spongy Spongy is a cave sponge that was really the cause of the destruction. Spongy Spongy attacks a frightened police officer and then licks his head before running off. SpongeBob states that he was innocent and realizes that Spongy Spongy is just lost and scared and he just needs another sponge to talk to. Perch Perkins reports that Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob go to city hall, something that worries Mr. Krabs.
Spongy Spongy is on the roof of Bikini Bottom City Hall, stomping his feet and refusing to get down. Spongy Spongy breaks a piece of the roof and throws it. SpongeBob gets up to the roof to comfort Spongy Spongy. They smell each other and then they say their names. SpongeBob tells him to report himself to the police. Spongy Spongy is about to do it and looks towards SpongeBob angrily. SpongeBob respects his privacy and leaves him alone. He walks away and Spongy Spongy likes the squeaky sound from his shoes. Spongy Spongy follows him. SpongeBob figures out that Spongy Spongy likes the squeaky sound from his shoes. They start dancing so a police officer gives them top hats and canes. They keep dancing and the police are dancing as well. After they stop dancing, Spongy Spongy takes SpongeBob's shoes. Spongy Spongy puts them on his feet but they don't fit, so he gets mad and starts stomping so hard that city hall collapses to the ground, destroying the building. SpongeBob tells him to stop and to calm down but it ends up being too late. SpongeBob begs the police to not arrest him, but it turns out he saved the town millions by destroying it, because it was going to destroyed in a week. SpongeBob is happy because Spongy Spongy isn't going to be arrested.
Perch Perkins reports that Spongy Spongy has calmed down and life in Bikini Bottom returns to normal; if only for this episode. Spongy Spongy hits him again and he passes out. Spongy Spongy then smells the camera and hits it. The "cameraman" falls over, then Spongy Spongy looks at the camera, as the episode ends.
This section is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's manual of style. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by making this section specific and short.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Another Best Day Ever - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Ballet Elegante - Albert Ketelbey [Opening.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick run into a cave.]
‣ This Space for Hire - Sam Fonteyn ["Wow! Cool ice cave!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (c) - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick panics with his tongue stuck to ice.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I panicked, SpongeBob."]
‣ Prologue of a Drama #9 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch ["Hot chocolate solves everything."]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond Jones [SpongeBob pours hot chocolate over Patrick's tongue.]
‣ Planet Surface - Gregor Narholz [Ice melts, revealing the cave sponge.]
‣ Stumbling Tumbleweeds - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob tie Patrick's tongue on a pole.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Boy, this backpack got heavy!"]
‣ Planet Surface - Gregor Narholz [Cave sponge emerges from SpongeBob's backpack.]
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [Cave sponge follows SpongeBob around the house.]
‣ Picnic in the Park - John Rhodes [SpongeBob and the cave sponge get dressed.]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Cave sponge follows SpongeBob to work.]
‣ Norman Buchan's Harp - Gordon McCulloch [SpongeBob enters the Krusty Krab with the cave sponge following him.]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver [SpongeBob gets arrested.]
• Mr Krabs Happy Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs tells Squidward to cover for SpongeBob.]
‣ Planet Surface - Gregor Narholz [Cave sponge sees Squidward making Krabby Patties.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 14 - Jeremy Wakefield ["They let you out already?"]
‣ Planet Surface - Gregor Narholz ["You look terrible, SpongeBob!"]
‣ Primitive Force - Raymond Jones [Cave sponge ties spatula to a mop.]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Cave sponge puts ketchup on his face as war paint.]
‣ Misty Menace - Max Saunders [Cave sponge lurking behind trash cans.]
‣ Unpreventable - Gregor Narholz [Cave sponge attacks a fish's car.]
‣ Hiding Place - Marc Dall'Anese [Cave sponge makes a Krabby Patty made of car parts.]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Customers complaining about the food.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks 29 - Jeremy Wakefield ["SpongeBob, what did you do?"]
‣ They're Coming! - Trevor Duncan [Cave sponge gets crazy and makes everyone run out of the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [News report.]
‣ Treachery - Wilfred Burns [At the Bikini Bottom Jail.]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #5 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [Krabs talking to SpongeBob.]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #2 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [Cave sponge breaks down prison wall and enters.]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [Perch Perkins reappears.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Cave sponge sniffs the police and licks him.]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr ["Shortly thereafter, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob went to city hall to confront the wild beast."]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Cave sponge at city hall.]
• A Pineapple Luau - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob communicates with the cave sponge.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I respect that. I'll leave you alone."]
‣ Sculpture - Georges Behar [Cave sponge mesmerized by SpongeBob's squeaky shoes.]
‣ Stage Struck - Jack Parnell [SpongeBob and cave sponge dancing.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield [Cave sponge takes off SpongeBob's shoes.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [Cave sponge tries to put on SpongeBob's shoes.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Cave sponge starts stomping/City hall gets destroyed.]
‣ Pua Nani O Hawaii - Michael Scott, Leimamo Fish [Police says that Spongy Spongy won't go to jail.]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [Perch Perkins concludes.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 17, SpongeBob Schwammkopf, Staffel 11, Vol. 1, The Complete Eleventh Season, and Cave Dwelling Sponge DVDs.
- Advertising for this episode on Nickelodeon's Twitter included memes of the Primitive Sponge.
- The cave in the title card looks similar to the caves in "Nature Pants," "SpongeHenge," and "Mimic Madness."
- If one listens very closely, ambient sounds can be heard in the title card.
- The fourth wall is broken two times:
- At the end, when Perch Perkins says, "if only for this episode."
- Spongy Spongy hits the screen with his club, causing it to crack.
- "Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r)" plays a total of three times in this episode.
- This episode marks the first usage of the APM track "Unpreventable" since "Pet or Pests."
- This is the third episode to have a prehistoric SpongeBob. The first was "SB-129" and the second was "Ugh."
- This is the fourth episode where SpongeBob goes to jail. The first is "Life of Crime," the second is "Party Pooper Pants," and the third is "Driven to Tears."
- However, he was arrested in Mrs. Puff's dream in "Doing Time."
- When Spongy Spongy breaks the camera, his pants are transparent.