"Call the Cops" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, Plankton goes to jail, but the secret formula is taken as evidence, so SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs plot to get it back.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo)
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Helen the Felon (debut)
- Tattletale Strangler (cameo)
- Mermaid Man (cameo)
- Barnacle Boy (cameo)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Abigail Marge
- Nat Peterson
- Debbie Rechid
- Nathiel Waters
- Bobbed brunette fish
- Dennis (cameo)
- Old Man Walker
- Old Man Jenkins (blue)
- Old coot fish
- Officer Slugfish
- Lady officer
- Fred (voice only)
- Dennis (citizen)
The episode starts with Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob chasing after Plankton. A lady officer stops Plankton and arrests him, which makes Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob dance because Plankton is going to jail. However, the lady officer hits Mr. Krabs for being annoying. She then takes the formula as evidence, and after that SpongeBob says that the Krabby Patties will now taste like chum, which makes all the customers leave. This makes Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob decide to try and steal it back.
Meanwhile, Plankton is given a cell, and an ice cream coated Patrick comes in the cell and crushes Plankton. Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are then seen again, with SpongeBob being nervous on their acts before his boss reminds him as a former navy man they are fine. This causes SpongeBob to act the role by making puns about the citizens. SpongeBob then finds a little girl selling cookies. He asks if she has a license to sell cookies, and she says she doesn't have one. SpongeBob then arrests her for "violating a law." Patrick is then seen again showing Plankton things about jail, although Plankton finds this annoying.
SpongeBob brings the girl to the police station, where they find out that she is an actual criminal known as Helen the Felon after she attacks them. The officer tells them to put her in the interrogation room. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to interrogate Helen while he tries to find the formula, but when he does, he gets scared of Helen because she asked "How long have you been an idiot?" Patrick is then seen making jailhouse ice cream, which Plankton thinks is gross. Plankton says to Patrick that the real ice cream is in the evidence room, in an attempt to go there. Patrick falls for this and they go there.
Mr. Krabs is seen going to the evidence room, with Plankton and Patrick are in there, trying to find the formula. Plankton finds it, but Mr. Krabs takes it first. This leads to Mr. Krabs, Plankton, and Patrick fighting each other. An officer comes in however and thinks that the trio is doing something illegal, with SpongeBob coming in wanting to confess. The officer arrests both SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs, and puts them in the same cell with Plankton and Helen. At the end, Patrick comes in and sits on everyone in the cell.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs and SpongeBob chasing Plankton from stealing the formula]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr ["You're under arrest!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Whoa, things got dark fast."]
‣ Rakes of Kildair, Blackthornstick - Frankie Hepburn, Austin Ince ["You're going to jail! You're going to jail!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Yes, officer."]
‣ Punctuations - Ralph Dollimore [Police officer whacks Krabs again]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Police officer takes the formula as an evidence]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["The formula! I can't cook without that formula!"]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Customers leave the Krusty Krab]
‣ Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr ["Come here. You and me are getting into that police department to get that formula back."]
‣ Cheesy Blaxploitation Theme - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [Krabs dressed as a cop]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ Big Julie - Kenny Graham [Plankton gets put in jail]
‣ With Following Winds - Jan Schneeberg, Boris Schoska [Police officer puts on headphones]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Patrick appears drunk and covered in Goofy Goober's ice cream]
‣ Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick gets sleep]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield ["Not exactly the blanket I wanted."]
‣ Cheesy Blaxploitation Theme - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [SpongeBob trying to act like a cop]
‣ Careless March - Marc Dall'Anese [SpongeBob holds Krabs' claw]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well... they should."]
‣ Cheesy Blaxploitation Theme - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [SpongeBob arrests Helen for not having a license to sell cookies]
‣ Clumsy A - Bernd Gesell ["Oh, I love it here. We have owers, uh, a courtyard, and three square meals a day."]
‣ Cheesy Blaxploitation Theme - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [Krabs and SpongeBob arrive with Helen at the police station]
‣ Hot Fuzz 11 095 G - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [SpongeBob and Helen at the interrogation room]
‣ Sneaking Around You - Didier Francois Goret [Plankton sanding cell bars]
‣ Slip 'n Slide - Stephen Bulla, Jeff Kidwell [Patrick making jailhouse ice cream]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (u) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Try it! You can't even tell the difference!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Closeup of jailhouse ice cream]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Patrick and Plankton escape from cell]
‣ Hot Fuzz 05 112 C - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [Krabs searching for the evidence room]
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [Patrick and Plankton in the evidence room]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["Well, drop a dime on me! There it is!"]
‣ Hot Fuzz 04 095 E - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [Krabs takes the secret formula back]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I stole that formula fair and square!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm stealing it back!"]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton throws a snail at Krabs]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, well, there it is!"]
‣ Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs, Patrick, and Plankton get in a fight]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ Cheesy Blaxploitation Theme - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [Plankton, Krabs, SpongeBob, and Helen are put in jail]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Patrick enters drunk in jail again]
- "My leg!:" Fred screams this in the background while Plankton is looking for the secret formula in the evidence room.
- When this episode first aired, it was paired up with "Plankton Paranoia."
- The Tattletale Strangler from "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler" and Dennis from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie briefly appear on the posters.
- SpongeBob also said "Is it hot in here?" in "No Free Rides."
- This is the second episode where a child character is arrested, the first was "Shuffleboarding."
- Patrick shows more fingers than in past episodes.
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs impersonates a police officer. The first is "Pat the Horse."
- Coincidentally, both are season 11 episode.
- This episode contains a few references to The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- Patrick appears to be a regular in the jail.
- Innuendo: SpongeBob tells Old Man Jenkins "I'm going to shoot you a dirty look."
- Irony: Plankton could have easily escaped his jail cell, due to his height.
- This episode was originally supposed to air in Canada on October 26, 2018, but was postponed for unknown reasons and replaced with a rerun of "SpongeBob You're Fired" instead.
- When SpongeBob is disappointed about cops not holding hands, he slumps and becomes the shape that he was while leaving boating school sadly in "Hall Monitor."
- Despite being a minor, Helen the Felon is sent to regular jail rather than juvenile hall. However, Bikini Bottom has never been shown to have a juvenile correctional facility before.
- Patrick uses the keys to open the cell door, but it is invisible when he closes the door.
- At the beginning of the episode, when Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are chasing Plankton, the customers' Krabby Patties do not have bites out of them while the customers are eating them.
- Patrick wanting ice cream.
- Old men saying "Hello!"