- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mrs. Puff
- Larry the Lobster
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Pearl Krabs (mentioned)
- Patrick Star
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Gary the Snail
- Abigail Marge
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Tina Fran
- Susie Rechid
- Norma Rechid
- Debbie Rechid
- Nat Peterson
- Sheldon (fish)
- Fire Fish
- Old Man Jenkins (blue)
- Old Man Walker
- Frank (red shirt)
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Green fish (looks a lot like Administrator Flotsam)
- Ivy (gray)
- Truck driver (Marlin) (yellow)
- Vera Fishbowl
- Medley Fishbowl
- Jimmy Gus
- Nathiel Waters
- Frankie Billy
- Harold (red fish)
- Officer John Slugfish
- Jennifer Millie
- Billy (lime fish)
- Martha Smith
- Bubble Mrs. Puff (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
The episode starts with SpongeBob recklessly driving. He suddenly thinks of blowing bubbles to relax after getting stressed. It soon backfires when the distraction of said bubbles causes his boat to eventually crash. Mrs. Puff loses her temper and she harshly yells at SpongeBob that he is hopeless at getting a driver's license and he walks off sad. He then sees Larry, Mr. Krabs, and Patrick have their own boats. He only gets sadder each time he sees his friends with a boat.
He sits behind his house blowing bubbles. He wishes that he'd be as good as driving boats as he would for blowing bubbles. Suddenly, he has the idea of blowing a bubble boat to drive in. Everyone is pleased with the new boat type. A policeman notices and says that every vehicle requires a license, but SpongeBob replies that no license is required for driving a bubble. The policeman then agrees. SpongeBob gets home to tell Gary all the good news on his new bubble boat experience, though Gary just ignores him.
Soon, everyone is desperately wanting bubble boats, so SpongeBob gets a giant container of bubble mix into a tub. Afterward, SpongeBob makes a bubble boat for everyone.
Meanwhile, Mrs. Puff notices everyone has a bubble boat. She is trying to drive home with her normal boat, but this angers many of the bubble boat drivers, as well as the police towing away her normal boat. Puff then has to go to Bubble Boating School, a temporary boating school run by SpongeBob.
At Bubble Boating School, SpongeBob teaches Mrs. Puff about how to drive a bubble boat. She eventually understands how to ride a bubble boat, after going through mastering multiple dangerous obstacle courses. She then does her final test, the final test being on the real road.
During her final bubble-boating test, she is happily talking to SpongeBob about the bubble boats but soon gets distracted and goes to the highway instead of continuing on the small roads. She ends up crashing, leading her to involuntarily expand, which makes her cause further mayhem to the bubble boaters. SpongeBob ends up saving all of them just in time.
Soon the police come to tell everyone, including SpongeBob, that bubble boats are now outlawed and normal boats have been re-legalized. SpongeBob then tells Mrs. Puff that he will see her again at boating school the next day. At the end of the episode, Mrs. Puff expands and sighs before she pops herself.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Opening/Drivers crash into SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff's boat.]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob gets sad.]
‣ Surfing Sponge - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Larry showing off his boat.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (p) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob walks sad.]
‣ Put 'em on the Boat - Steve Belfer [Krabs washing his boat.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (II) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries and runs off.]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob sees Patrick with a boat.]
‣ Saltwater Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob blowing bubbles behind his house.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea.]
‣ Fun Ahead - Eric Swan [SpongeBob driving a bubble boat.]
‣ A Christmas Suite - Richard Harvey [SpongeBob telling Gary about his day.]
‣ 12th Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [People asking SpongeBob for bubble boats.]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["I want to strike fear into the hearts of other drivers!"]
‣ Primitive Force - Raymond Jones [Terrifying bubble boat.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob shrinks the bubble boat.]
‣ Primitive Force - Raymond Jones [Plankton gets into the bubble boat.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [Larry steps on Plankton.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ Surf Happy Fun (Underscore) - Billy Lincoln [SpongeBob blows a giant bubble boat for Larry.]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob blows multiple bubble boats.]
‣ M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Now that everyone's driving bubbles, they don't need licenses."]
‣ Town and Around - Richard Telford [Mrs. Puff driving.]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Cop pulls Mrs. Puff over.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["Bubble boating school?"]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob is the teacher of the bubble boating school.]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [SpongeBob giving Mrs. Puff bubble boating lessons through the obstacle course.]
‣ Bloodbath - Harry Lubin [Bubble boat crashes against flaming cacti.]
‣ Bold as Brass 29 - Mel Dean [Mrs. Puff drives the bubble boat through the obstacle course again.]
‣ Grand Spectacular (c) - Ron Goodwin ["I did it!"]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [Mrs. Puff groans.]
‣ Fun Ahead - Eric Swan [Mrs. Puff drives the bubble boat onto the road.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["Oh no, Mrs. Puff!"]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff accidentally drives onto the freeway.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Wash? Soap? Bubbles?"]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Bubble boats are outlawed.]
‣ Bikini Bottom Bound - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- This episode is available on The Complete Tenth Season DVD.
- Mr. Krabs twerking while washing his car is known to be a popular internet meme.
- This is the last episode produced before many Associated Production Music tracks (including those composed by Harry Bluestone/Emil Cadkin, Phil Green, Harry Lubin, Brian Peters, and Larry Hochman) were moved to Warner/Chappell Production Music (CPM), which, due to the fact that Nickelodeon currently has yet to pay a license to use tracks from this website, renders them unusable in future episodes. In production order, this was the last episode to use any music of this kind until "ChefBob."
- In this case, the last now-CPM track used before it got moved was Bloodbath by Harry Lubin.
- When SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff enter the highway, the billboard advertising Barnacle Chips from "Chocolate with Nuts" can be seen.
- Mrs. Puff inflates a total of five times, more than any other episode so far.
- There was a 1-hour countdown before the premiere of this and "Life Insurance." It was confirmed on the official SpongeBob Facebook page.
- The songs heard during the countdown were "Sky Drive," "Bonus Point," "Street Cop," and "Electronic Sheep" by Charles Hedger, and "Keep This Going" by Jon Murrill, Lee Richardson, Tom Ford, James Carlo Giorgi Cocozza and Sarah Jane Norman.
- This episode takes place in November 2013 because a driver's license expires every 4 years and on the SpongeBob's bubble driver's license, it expired on December 1, 2017.
- The firetruck resembles an actual fire truck rather than a boat as it does in other episodes (such as "Snail Mail").
- This episode takes place after "Driven to Tears" because Patrick was playing with his boat.
- This episode premiered eight years after "Pet or Pests" premiered, four years after "License to Milkshake," "Squid Baby," "Little Yellow Book," and "Bumper to Bumper" premiered in Canada, and one year after "Sanctuary!" and "What's Eating Patrick?" premiered in Canada.
- This episode premiered in Canada ten years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie premiered on YTV in Canada, five years afters after Nickelodeon officially announced season 10 and "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom" and "Bubble Buddy Returns" premiered in Canada, and three years after "The Sponge Who Could Fly" premiered in Poland and I'm Your Biggest Fan was released in the aforementioned country.
- The music that plays on the radio when Mr. Krabs is cleaning his boat has a vague similarity to the "SpongeBob Closing Theme."
- This is the first episode to play the pre-recorded version of "12th Street Rag" since "Blackened Sponge."
- To date, this is the last time that the APM track "Hawaiian Cocktail" plays.
- In Bob l'éponge, The title's name translates to "bubble car", which proves that boats take place as cars in the show.
- SpongeBob says, "You don't need a license to drive a bubble" when he gets pulled over, which is a call-back to his line "You don't need a license to drive a sandwich" from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- When the boats go past the bubble pile and get close to SpongeBob's boat, his eyelashes are missing.
- When SpongeBob blows bubbles to the Bikini Bottomites, the building nearby changes positions.
- In the French dub, the title card is blank for a split second.