— Burger Beard, "SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song"
Burger Beard, referred to as Painty or Captain as a painting, is a pirate captain with a reddish-brown beard. A painting of him appears at the beginning of the show's opening sequence. He sings the SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song.
In The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, it is revealed that the painting is a portrait of Burger Beard, the main atagonist of the film. He steals the Magic Book that controls Bikini Bottom. He is portayed by Antonio Banderas in the movie.
In the main theme song, Patrick Pinney provides his voice. In the opening to "Truth or Square," a dummy version of Burger Beard is voiced by CeeLo Green. In the rejected theme songs of "Truth or Square," Bob Joles fills in for the voice. Peter Shukoff provides several of his lines during the Rap Battle in the second movie.
Burger Beard's hair and beard are both long and brown. He wears a black pirate hat.
As a painting, he has a black patch over his left eye, an orange jacket, green eyes, a white shirt, a black skull-and-crossbones hat, and a green parrot on his left shoulder.
He also catapults the rider into the attraction by reaching and grabbing onto you on SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D: Ride, after saying, "In you go!"
Burger Beard owns the Burgermobile which is a ship that doubles as a land vehicle to sell food, namely Krabby Patties. His main objective is to become a fast-food salesman, which he believed could be achieved by stealing the Krabby Patty secret formula using the Magic Book.
Role in movie
Burger Beard starts by stealing the Magic Book from the guardian skeleton on Bikini Atoll with the intent of rewriting the story of Bikini Bottom's life in order to gain the Krabby Patty secret formula. Once gained, he travels to land to sell Krabby Patties from the Burgermobile.
His plan is foiled after an extended battle with SpongeBob and friends, who turn into superheroes, such as the Invincibubble, in order to save the secret formula and rewrite the story. Plank-Ton rejects Burger Beard back to the Bikini Atoll where Burger Beard is forced to sing the SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song along with the Seagull Crew and Bubbles.
- In the recent episodes of the Korean dub, the face on the painting is replaced by a live-action face of Eun Ji Won, who sings the theme song in the dub.
- The painting was painted by Calvin Liang, according to an archived tweet on Paul Tibbitt's Twitter account.
- "Truth or Square" is the only time that this painting has appeared without his parrot.
- He appears on the Krabby Days DVD menu.
- His dummy version is much different than his painting.
- He is replaced by a talking fortune teller-like dummy, voiced by Cee-Lo Green.
- ^ Ashley Boucher (2019-07-20). SpongeBob Cast Reveals Late Creator Stephen Hillenburg Secretly Appears in Every Episode. People.
|Recurring characters (V • E)|
Patchy • Potty • French Narrator • Mermaid Man • Barnacle Boy • Flying Dutchman • King Neptune • Larry the Lobster • Harold SquarePants • Margaret SquarePants • Grandma SquarePants • Realistic Fish Head • Perch Perkins • Bikini Bottomites • Jellyfish
Other recurring characters