- SpongeBob SquarePants
- SpongeBob's teeth
- Squidward Tentacles
- Bunny Squidward (debut)
- Gary the Snail
- Patrick Star
- Bunny Wunny
- Female sea bunny (debut)
- Baby sea bunnies (debut)
- Animal control officer (debut)
- Mermaid Man (cameo)
- Barnacle Boy (cameo)
- Man Ray (cameo)
- Dirty Bubble (cameo)
- Jumbo Shrimp (cameo)
- Clam Head Candy Cad (cameo)
- Margaret SquarePants (cameo)
- Harold SquarePants (cameo)
The episode starts with Squidward making a 'Roast Salad a la Squidward' for a wooden dummy. Suddenly, he realizes he forgot the parsley for it. He kisses his roast, burning his lips.
Squidward goes out to his garden to get the parsley, but cannot pull it up. He gets pulled under the garden, revealing a sea bunny is down there. The sea bunny pulls his French mustache off, causing Squidward to scream in pain. The bunny then puts the hair on his banjo and begins playing "Puka" on his banjo.
Squidward then falls into a hole dug by the bunny, and the bunny eats the parsley out of his hands, tickles Squidward, and pulls his hat down over his face. Suddenly, Squidward realizes his roast is burning and sprays it with water, putting out the fire. Squidward starts crying over his burnt roast, and the bunny joins in. Squidward almost stabs the bunny with a fork but the bunny shoves the burnt roast into Squidward's mouth.
The bunny then bounces through Squidward's garden to eat all of Squidward's vegetables. Squidward then comes out, dressed as a Viking, holding a club and declaring war on all bunnies. In the style of Whack-a-Mole, he tries to hit the bunny, but when the bunny holds up a metal shield, he whacks himself in the face. He claims he'll bury the bunny, but falls into a hole where the bunny proceeds to bury him and water him, causing Squidward's head to grow onto a plant.
Patrick arrives and claims it's the ugliest eggplant he has ever seen, but that Squidward wouldn't mind if he had a bite. He is unable to do so, and is flung back to his rock.
The bunny then begins placing vegetables in a basket, but suddenly a giant carrot grows from the ground, causing the bunny to grow large teeth and chase after it. Squidward is actually inside the giant carrot, but ends up falling into the rabbit's trap and getting bitten. He calls animal control to report an infestation. They show up and immediately capture the bunny in a cage, causing Squidward to be mad that they took him so easily.
SpongeBob then shows up, handcuffing himself to the cage and saying the bunny has rights and should be let free. The animal control lets him have the bunny, saying it saves him a trip to the incinerator. SpongeBob and the bunny float away on a cloud of happiness. Squidward runs after him, saying to keep the bunny away from his vegetables, but is interrupted by SpongeBob slamming the door in his face.
SpongeBob sees that there are no vegetables in the fridge, but decides to give the bunny Gary's food. The bunny does not like the food and kicks it back in SpongeBob's face. So SpongeBob goes to get groceries from the Barg'N-Mart.
The bunny then begins eating everything in the house and destroying them. SpongeBob returns and sees his house has been destroyed. He begins to put hot sauce on everything to "chew-proof" the house. However, the bunny keeps breathing out fire after licking it, destroying more things in SpongeBob's house. SpongeBob sees the fire and puts it out, but the bunny licks a hot sauce-covered Gary and almost destroys SpongeBob's comics with fire. SpongeBob licks the rest of the hot sauce and dives into the toilet to put out the fire.
SpongeBob then sets up a cage with a water bottle, a trampoline, a "buck-teeth sharpener," and an adding machine for what he calls "multiplying." However, the bunny kicks the cage through the wall, not wanting to be in the cage. Now angry, the bunny digs his way into the walls. While searching for his jellyfishing net, SpongeBob finds Patrick who has fallen through the couch cushions. Claiming he has a solution for SpongeBob's bunny problem, Patrick follows the bunny into the walls. They both end up destroying things.
SpongeBob goes to the pet store and gets another bunny to draw the first bunny out of hiding. The female bunny exits the cage and draws the attention of the male bunny. They both fall in love and start dancing.
SpongeBob takes Patrick from the wall and the bunnies hop into a laundry basket. Soon, several dozen bunnies hop out of the basket. All hungry, they all race through SpongeBob's walls, so SpongeBob and Patrick follow them. They all exit the house and go under the road into Squidward's garden.
Squidward is seen having a funeral for his garden, but the bunny tries to eat his last carrot. The rest of the bunnies pop up and so do SpongeBob and Patrick. Not realizing it's SpongeBob and Patrick, Squidward runs inside and the bunnies dig through his walls too. Squidward gives another call to the animal control and the bunnies begin flooding his house.
Eventually, Squidward breaks his house in half, revealing that the bunnies have taken the shape of the house. Squidward hits himself on the head with a mallet, now thinking he's a bunny. The animal control officer puts him in a straitjacket and chases after the "bunny Squidward." The first bunny then pretends to be Squidward and plays a song on the clarinet.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Accordeon Sur Seine - Daniel Jean Jeannin [Opening.]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Squidward struggles to remove a sprig of parsley from his garden.]
‣ Down in Davy Jones' Locker - Nicolas Carr [Squidward discovers a sea bunny underground.]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Squidward screams in pain.]
‣ Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sea bunny plays ukulele.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward and sea bunny crying.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Before Squidward stops crying.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Sea bunny stuffs burnt salad into Squidward's mouth.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward gets sick.]
‣ On the Beautiful Blue Danube (Xmas Mix) - Johann Strauss Jnr, Lorne David Roderick Balfe, Russell Jason Emanuel, Steve Kofsky [Sea bunny eating Squidward's vegetables.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward gets angry.]
‣ Dachshund Walk - John Fox, Mac Prindy [Sea bunny buries Squidward.]
‣ Fresh as a Daisy - George French [Squidward disguises in a giant carrot to cheat the sea bunny.]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #5 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch ["I demand the release of this poor woodland creature."]
‣ Shellfish Behavior - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob takes sea bunny to his house.]
‣ Merry as a Grig - Van Phillips [Sea bunny destroys SpongeBob's living room.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob and his teeth scream.]
‣ Another Best Day Ever - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob puts hot sauce in his house, while sea bunny eats it.]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [SpongeBob's living room on fire.]
‣ Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Action Theme - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Pat Irwin [SpongeBob fires a squirt gun at the sea bunny.]
‣ Unknown Track 87 - SpongeBob licks all of the hot sauce.
‣ Drama Link (f) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob gets a red face and screams.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob runs to the bathroom.]
‣ At the Zoo - Gerhard Trede [SpongeBob lists cage accessories.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Doesn't like cage...check."]
‣ Merry as a Grig - Van Phillips [Sea bunny and Patrick get into SpongeBob's wallpaper.]
‣ Unknown Track 83 - SpongeBob goes to the pet store.
‣ Buffoonery - Van Phillips [SpongeBob takes home another sea bunny.]
‣ Sea Bunny Tango - Nicolas Carr [Two sea bunnies dancing.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (z) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hold still, Patrick, I see ya."]
‣ Fly by Night - Montague Ewing [Sea bunnies multiply.]
‣ Porous Pursuit - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick following the sea bunnies.]
‣ Dead March 1 - Frederic Chopin, Alfred Kluten ["This is the last carrot."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield ["One more step and I will spit you on a roast!"]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sea bunnies appear under Squidward's garden.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (v) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't worry, Squidward."]
‣ Evil Wizard OL - Udi Harpaz [Sea bunnies invading Squidward's house.]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward gets a mallet out of his shed.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's house gets destroyed.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward hits himself with the mallet.]
‣ Coconut Cream Pie - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward goes crazy.]
‣ Unknown Track 86 - Nicolas Carr [Ending.]
- This episode aired in Iberia and Turkey on March 21, 2018 before its official American premiering.
- This episode aired in Canada on June 9, 2018.
- This episode aired nine years after "Patty Caper" premiered in Australia and one year after "Life Insurance" premiered in Iberia and "Burst Your Bubble" premiered in the Netherlands.
- When the episode originally aired, it was paired with "Moving Bubble Bass."
- The shed from "The Curse of Bikini Bottom" is seen again at the end when all the bunnies ambush Squidward's house.
- In the real world, sea bunnies are a species of sea slug scientifically named Jorunna parva. They live in the Indian Ocean and in Papua New Guinea.
- Furthermore, one is depicted in the title card.
- Gary's toy ball from "Gary's New Toy" reappears on a shelf.
- This would mean that this episode takes place after said episode.
- Barg'N-Mart is called "Grocery" in this episode.
- This is the second appearance of Kelp Milk. The first is in "Procrastination."
- A villain named Clam Head Candy Cad from "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy" makes a reappearance after nearly 19 years of absence by reappearing on a comic book cover.
- When Squidward is talking to the wooden dummy he says "Sacré bleu!" This translates to "Damn it!" in English.
- Bunny Wunny can be seen playing "Puka A" on his ukulele.
- One of the paintings in Squidward's house is a spoof of The Scream.
- In the scene where Squidward puts his creation into the oven and kisses it, his back straps to his apron appear to be missing.
- In the real world, sea bunnies are hermaphrodites, and would not need a partner to reproduce. This makes the bunnies depicted act more like actual rabbits instead.
- When Patrick comes out from under the wallpaper, he is completely dark blue.
- When the sea bunny bites a piece of the table SpongeBob's flower was on, he spat dirt out of his mouth.