- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Bubble Buddy
- Amy (debut)
- Bubble groom (debut)
- Bubble hot dog vendor (debut)
- Bubble mayor (debut)
- Adorable bubble child (debut)
- Bubble Fred (debut)
- Bubble police officer (debut)
- Bubble prisoners (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- French Narrator
- Dirty Bubble (cameo)
- Duck bubble
- Bikini Bottomites
The episode starts with Bubble Buddy giving a tour of Bubbletown and its facilities and features. SpongeBob is seen expressing enthusiasm for the town's nature.
He then sees his old friend Bubble Buddy, who has a flat tire on his motor scooter. SpongeBob then blows bubbles onto the bike and turns it into a tough-looking motorcycle. It attracts a large crowd who also want their things improved with SpongeBob's bubble blowing skills.
Later, when SpongeBob accidentally steps on a woman's bubble puppies, he starts slipping on the bubble soap uncontrollably and wreaks havoc across the whole town. Although apologetic for his actions, a bubble police officer arrives on the scene to arrest SpongeBob in Bubbletown Prison for property destruction and terrorization.
Due to his current state, SpongeBob is unable to attend his job at the Krusty Krab. Nevertheless, Mr. Krabs ventures to the Bubble Prison and bails SpongeBob out of jail. However, an officer notices them in the act, prompting Mr. Krabs to fight the prison staff. In the process, Mr. Krabs spins around uncontrollably and not only does he pop the prison staff member, he also ends up popping all of Bubbletown, turning it into just puddles of suds. SpongeBob is sad to see his bubble place go, but Bubble Buddy arrives on the scene and has a solution, which is a giant bottle of bubble soap. SpongeBob and Bubble Buddy agree to blow the town back up.
In the newly blown Bubbletown, Mr. Krabs opens a Krusty Krab-like restaurant in Bubbletown called the Bubbly Krab. However, due to the restaurant's lack of salary, he pops it out of distaste, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Tom Fool - Van Phillips [Title card]
‣ Broadway Bustle - Leslie Manson [Narrator introduces Bubbletown]
‣ After Hours - Eric Swan [Bubble band playing at Bubbletown park]
‣ Broadway Bustle - Leslie Manson [SpongeBob eating a bubble dog]
‣ Fun Ahead - Eric Swan [SpongeBob reunites with Bubble Buddy]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (V) - Jeremy Wakefield [Flat tire on Bubble Buddy's motor scooter]
• Seaweed 2 - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob blowing bubbles at Bubble Buddy's motor scooter]
• Born to be Dumb - Nicolas Carr [Bubble Buddy's moto scooter turns into a bubble motorcycle]
‣ Screw on the Loose - Tony Lowry [Bubbletown citizens asking SpongeBob to help them]
• Blazing Baloney Western - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob blowing bubbles to help Bubbletown citizens]
‣ 30 Second Gigue - Sam Fonteyn [SpongeBob making bubble flowers and bubble birds]
‣ Bobbins and Spindles - Ronald Hanmer ["Oh, Bubble Buddy, this is been the best day of my life."]
‣ Domestic Fun (B) - Ernest Tomlinson ["Excuse me, sir, but you seem to have stepped in my dogs."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 14 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, pardon me, ma'am."]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob starts slipping on the suds]
‣ Spring in the Air - Duncan Lamont ["Amy, will you marry me?"]
‣ Terror - Alan Braden [SpongeBob pops Amy as he slips]
‣ Spring in the Air - Duncan Lamont ["Aw."]
‣ Terror - Alan Braden [SpongeBob pops Bubble Groom as he slips]
‣ Chase to the Finish - Alan Wynn [SpongeBob pops bubble ducks and some bubble buildings as he slips]
• Super Highway March - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I now dedicate this new school for overly cute children."]
‣ Inferno - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob approaches to bubble school while he slips]
• Super Highway March - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Bubble principal about to cut the bubble ribbon]
‣ Inferno - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob pops bubble principal and bubble boy as he slips]
‣ Five Dramatic Bridges B - Kurt Rehfeld [SpongeBob pops bubble people and bubble school as he slips]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob arrives at Bubbletown city limits]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["SpongeBob! Oh thank goodness, you're okay."]
‣ Vault of Secrets - Magnum Opus ["No! Stay away! I'm a monster! A monster!"]
• It's The Fuzz No Brass - Nicolas Carr [Bubble police arrives]
‣ Hot Fuzz 05 112 C - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio ["I'm afraid the only sorting out your friend's going to be doing is in jail."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (E) - Ronald Hanmer ["Take me away! I'm guilty! I deserve whatever punishment you give me!"]
‣ Against the Law (d) - Wilfred Burns [SpongeBob at Bubbletown Prison]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob leaves a bubble message for Mr. Krabs]
• Mr Krabs Happy Jig Short Version - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs comes out of his office]
• Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Long line of customers at the Krusty Krab/"Huh, hah, what, who?"]
‣ Funeral Music - Alfred Kluten [Old Man Jenkins' soul about to escape]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["I'm okay!"]
• Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Well...?"]
• A Series of Incidents - Nicolas Carr [Krabs looking for SpongeBob at the kitchen]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [Bubble message arrives at the Krusty Krab]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs listens to SpongeBob's bubble message]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["You have the conn, Mr. Squidward. I'll be back as soon as I can!"]
‣ Treachery - Wilfred Burns [SpongeBob lifting bubble weights at Bubbletown Prison]
• Bubble Popping Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs tells SpongeBob to get back at the Krusty Krab]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 24 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Krabs, I can't go. I haven't finished paying my debt to society yet."]
• Bubble Popping Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Can't go?! When I say we're leaving, we're leaving!"]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs bursts all Bubbletown]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob gets shocked]
‣ Tristesse - Gerhard Trede ["You popped it all. There's nothing left!"]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 3 - Fredric Bayco [Bubble Buddy arrives with a big bottle of soap/SpongeBob pops out a variety of bubble wands]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob laughs]
‣ Tom Fool - Van Philips [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 19 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- "My leg!:" Bubble Fred screaming "My bubble legs!" because the bottom half of his body was popped.
- The background of the episode's title card has a similar background as the one for "High Sea Diving," but with bubbles and a brighter blue color.
- Doug Lawrence provided the voice of the Bubble Cop's line, "Hey! You're not supposed to be in here!", despite being voiced by Bill Fagerbakke.
- SpongeBob is shown to know how to blow bubbles with his feet.
- The Dirty Bubble makes a cameo appearance behind the prison gates when Mr. Krabs arrives.
- This is the first time the track "Bubble Poppin' Boys" plays since "Sharks vs. Pods."
- This is the second episode to use "Tom Fool" as the title card music. The first was "The Camping Episode."
- This is the third episode where SpongeBob gets bubble liquid in his eyes. The first was "Krabby Land," and the second was "Toy Store of Doom."
- When SpongeBob pops the bubble ducks, bubble soap splashes on the screen. The fourth wall is broken here.
- This is the fourth appearance of Bubble Buddy in an episode. The first was "Bubble Buddy," the second was "Bubble Buddy Returns," and the third was "Mall Girl Pearl."
- When SpongeBob dances, the dance resembles the dance he does in "Gary Takes a Bath."
- This is currently the only episode John Trabbic wrote.
- This is one of the few episodes to not take place in Bikini Bottom, minus the short Krusty Krab scene.
- Mr. Krabs saying, "Forget it SpongeBob, it's Bubbletown" is a reference to the 1974 film Chinatown.
- The original title for this episode, "It's Bubbletown," could have also been a reference to this film.