"Bubble Bass's Tab" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season 12. In this episode, Bubble Bass doesn't pay his tab after ordering food at the Krusty Krab, so Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob and Squidward to his house to try and make him pay.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Bubble Bass
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Mama Bass
- Mermaid Man (cameo)
- Barnacle Boy (cameo)
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 171
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 30
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 156
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 118C
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 178
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 160
- Patrick Star (likeness only)
- Cardboard fish
This list is incomplete, but you can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
The episode begins in the Krusty Krab, with Bubble Bass ordering food to add to his account. Then Mr. Krabs tells Bubble Bass that he will not get any more food until he pays his tab. Bubble Bass tosses a coin, which Mr. Krabs takes. Bubble Bass tries to negotiate another way and invites Mr. Krabs to a friendly game of three deadly challenges of a tabulation game (of castles). SpongeBob is thrilled with the idea, but Mr. Krabs rejects the board game, causing Bubble Bass to run away. Squidward says Bubble Bass is gone because in his own words, they would never see that game geek again. A voice is heard through the self-serve speaker saying he wants 50 Krabby Patties with extra pickles. This voice is from Bubble Bass, and SpongeBob is about to give him the Krabby Patties, but Mr. Krabs finds out. Bubble Bass provokes Mr. Krabs by dancing at the drive-thru window until a car honks at him. Mr. Krabs sends Squidward and SpongeBob to Bubble Bass's house to collect his tab.
Squidward opens a door to Bubble Bass's house, which SpongeBob is surprised by and praises by saying that he is very strong. SpongeBob and Squidward decide to look for Bubble Bass, but they cannot find him, so they decide to sell the furniture in the house. Bubble Bass tells them to stop destroying his mother's furniture, and they can work it out in the basement. Bubble Bass tells them that if they want him to pay, they need to play the 3 deadly challenges. SpongeBob looks for the game and, upon finding it, tells Bubble Bass that they will play his game. The two enter through the hatch and realize that there is a real version of the 3 Deadly Challenges (made of boxes). The first challenge begins: they both attack Bubble Bass and try to tap him out. Squidward tries to land a blow and hits Bubble Bass, but his belly blocks the attack. The boxes collapse and SpongeBob and Squidward fall, decapitating Bubble Bass, revealing that the Bubble Bass that Squidward tried to attack was not the real Bubble Bass, but a doll (made with Bubble Bass' mom's sofa cushions and sleeping bag). Bubble Bass starts insulting them after SpongeBob does the same, then the second challenge begins: fighting a bull. They both go to the Duel Arena, find a box and a red scarf, and the box starts making strange noises (like a bull). Bubble Bass' mother comes out of the box and rages like a bull (because Bubble Bass told his mother that the furniture in the house was chipped by SpongeBob and Squidward), so the two try to hide behind the cloth, but Bubble Bass' mother still attacks them. In the middle of the fight, Mama Bass and Squidward begin to dance the tango, while SpongeBob is fond of it, but suddenly Mama Bass's clock rings and she tells Squidward that she has to go to a bake sale and to call her. Bubble Bass, when he sees that his mother left, yells "Why?!" as the cardboard stage collapses.
Then follows the third and final challenge: the joust. Bubble Bass prepares to fight Squidward. When SpongeBob is about to give Squidward his shield, Squidward tells him that he does not need it, while SpongeBob says "My hero!." Bubble Bass and Squidward charge to attack each other. Squidward uses his spear and uses so much force that he thrusts it into Bubble Bass's bellybutton, defeating him. Squidward and SpongeBob approach Bubble Bass and tell him that now he must pay his bill, but Bubble Bass tells them that he spent all his money on the cardboard boxes, so Squidward tells him that Sir Krabs (Mr. Krabs) will know how to fix this.
In the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs puts Bubble Bass to work to pay his bill, but Bubble Bass keeps complaining about work, annoying customers in different ways. The clients, angered by Bubble Bass, go directly to Mr. Krabs' office to pay him everything that Bubble Bass owes so that he can leave immediately. Mr. Krabs, already with the Bubble Bass account paid, goes to Bubble Bass, who was washing the dishes in the toilet, and tells him that his bill is already paid and that he can leave, Bubble Bass comes out of the bathroom happily. To Mr. Krabs' surprise and dismay, Bubble Bass does not leave, but instead orders a bunch more food and tells Mr. Krabs that he just opened a new account and goes on top of his cardboard horse, so Mr. Krabs furiously chases after Bubble Bass. Suddenly, SpongeBob comes out of the kitchen with a rose in his mouth and dances the tango with Squidward, but suddenly Mama Bass asks him if she can dance too, to which Squidward says yes. The episode ends with Mama Bass and Squidward dancing the tango and leaving the Krusty Krab.
There is a scene where a customer is about to add ketchup on his fries, but Bubble Bass puts the fries away, and sprays ketchup on the customer's face.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Ahoy Landlubbers - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Title card]
• Galley Cooks Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening at the Krusty Krab]
• Harpsichord Classical Bits 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Bubble Bass complains about his delivery]
• Galley Cooks Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward adds a deep sea donut to Bubble Bass's delivery]
• Harpsichord Classical Bits 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Bubble Bass tells Squidward to put his delivery's tab on his account]
• Galley Cooks Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Oh no, you don't! No more food for you until you pay your tab!"]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [Bubble Bass searches for a coin in his pockets]
• Galley Cooks Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs takes Bubble Bass's coin]
• Barbarian Fanfare - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Closeup of Three Deadly Challenges]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5C - Jeremy Wakefield [Bubble Bass leaves nervously the Krusty Krab]
• Galley Cooks Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Bubble Bass asks more food through Krusty Krab's drive thru]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17D - Jeremy Wakefield ["Bubble Bass!"]
‣ Animation Antics - Dick Walter [Bubble Bass teases Krabs]
‣ Drama Link (F) - Hubert Clifford [Bubble Bass gets scared by the horn and runs away]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 11B - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs orders SpongeBob and Squidward to make Bubble Bass collect his tab]
• Fooling Around 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Squidward arrive at Bubble Bass's mother's house]
‣ Crime And Danger Sign #10 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [SpongeBob and Squidward enter the house]
‣ Crime And Danger Sign #2 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [Bubble Bass tells SpongeBob and Squidward he's gonna pay the tab if they play Three Deadly Challenges]
‣ Mini Mischief - Johnny Pearson [SpongeBob looking for Three Deadly Challenges inside his body]
• Barbarian Fanfare - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["The Three Deadly Challenges!"]
• Silly Bob Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Okay, Bubble Bass! We accept the challenge!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 24D - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward goes down the ladder]
‣ This Space For Hire - Sam Fonteyn [Bubble Bass's basement is poorly decorated as a medieval castle]
• Dunces and Dragons - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob imagines Bubble Bass's basement as a real medieval castle]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 15 - Jeremy Wakefield ["It's a dump!"]
‣ Tavern Tales - David Snell [Bubble Bass climbed on a mountain of boxes as a medieval knight]
‣ In Ancient Times - Francis Shaw [SpongeBob explains Squidward how to win in Three Deadly Challenges]
‣ Parody of War (Parodia Di Guerra) - Romolo Grano [SpongeBob and Squidward take cardboard swords and run onto Bubble Bass]
• Slippery When Wet - Nicolas Carr [Mountain of boxes falls down]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 35B - Jeremy Wakefield ["Tock! You lose!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (D) - Ronald Hanmer ["We decapitated him!"]
• Silly Bob Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward discovers Bubble Bass made a dummy of himself]
‣ Tavern Tales - David Snell [Bubble Bass and SpongeBob exchange insults at each other]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Out of integrity insult."]
‣ Viva Paso Doble - Dennis Farnon [SpongeBob and Squidward enter in a bullring imitation to do the next challenge]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Bubble Bass's mom?!"]
‣ Battle March Link (6) - Keith Mansfield ["He tricked us. What do we do?"]
‣ Viva Paso Doble - Dennis Farnon ["And that's my cook tablecloth!"]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Bubble Bass's mom beats up SpongeBob and Squidward]
‣ ? - Big Fish Audio [Bubble Bass's mom and Squidward dancing tango]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17C - Jeremy Wakefield ["Gotta run, I'm late for the bake sale! Call me!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (E) - Ronald Hanmer ["Why?!"]
• Dunces and Dragons - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Fanfare is played]
‣ The Royal Hunt - John Leach [Squidward imagines himself as a medieval knight]
‣ Thrust And Parry - John Hawkins [Squidward and Bubble Bass face each other]
‣ Tavern Tales - David Snell [Bubble Bass tells SpongeBob and Squidward he's broke]
• Another Krusty Krab Day 3 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Bubble Bass working at the Krusty Krab while he annoys customers]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Customers get annoyed at Bubble Bass and give Krabs money to pay his tab]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets shocked]
• A Pinapple Luau Faster - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Bubble Bass getting food again without paying it]
‣ ? - Big Fish Audio [Bubble Bass's mom and Squidward dancing tango again]
- This episode is available on The Complete Twelfth Season and SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 21 DVDs.
- This episode was released on The Complete Twelfth Season DVD on January 12, 2021, almost three months before airing on American television.
- This is the first episode to premiere after the release of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run.
- The plot of the episode is similar to "Pat No Pay," as both involve a character not paying for their food at the Krusty Krab and being punished to make up for not doing so.
- This is the second episode with Bubble Bass' name in the title. The first is "Moving Bubble Bass."
- A clip of SpongeBob of Squidward doing the salsa was shown in a YTV promo on March 21, 2020.
- A clip from this episode was released in "Top 5 Funniest Moments from New Episodes" video on the official Nick Poland Facebook account on November 22, 2020, Russia and Asia on November 24, 2020, Hungary on November 29, Turkey on December 20, and France on January 2, 2021.
- This is Mama Bass' second physical appearance in the series, as she is only heard in "Swamp Mates." Her first physical appearance is in "Moving Bubble Bass."
- Ironically, both this episode and its sister involve Mr. Krabs having SpongeBob and Squidward do something for his own benefit.
- Innuendo: Bubble Bass shows his board game by checking his pants to pull it out.
- This is the second episode in season 12 to focus on Bubble Bass. The first is "Swamp Mates."
- This is the fifth episode or movie that has a drive-thru seen at the Krusty Krab. The first is "Driven to Tears," the second is "Drive Thru," the third is The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, and the fourth is "Drive Happy."
- There are three episode references when SpongeBob shows his collection of board games.
- "Game of Strife" alludes to The Game of Life.
- "Chutes and Bladders" alludes to Chutes and Ladders.
- Ironically, "Eels and Escalators" is also a reference to Chutes and Ladders, so SpongeBob seems to have two similar games.
- In the closing credits, Dee Bradley Baker, who voices Bubble Bass, is uncredited.
- The episode's title card once again misspells Bubble Bass' name as "BubbleBass," lacking a space between the words.
- It is also marked that way on The Complete Twelfth Season's episode list.
- In the Hebrew dub, Incidental 104's line are cut by mistake.
- When Bubble Bass' mom bursts out of the box and says, "You chipped my furniture," one of her glasses' temples gets miscolored for a brief second.
- When Bubble Bass is tagged, his glasses fly off, but in the next scene, he has them back.
- While SpongeBob and Squidward dancing to tango, the part of SpongeBob's pants' cuff turns yellow for a frame.
- When Bubble Bass mocks Mr. Krabs, his lips are briefly miscolored orange.
- In one scene when Mr. Krabs gives Bubble Bass the bill to pay, there is a line on the back of his shell.
- In the beginning and toward the end of the episode, The Krusty Krab's front doors are shown to be missing.
- ^ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/695260869885558835/698424334825422888/image0.png
- ^ https://tv24.se/kanal/paramount-network/2020-09-24
- ^ https://web.archive.org/web/20210203222954/https://www.telsu.fi/paavo-pesusieni/5
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1144975599636627456
- ^ https://twitter.com/crazybaloney/status/1383948342502166538
- ^ https://youtube.com/watch?v=rNygcrM2hMA
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6OZYNb_zD8
- ^ https://youtu.be/9Z0uZ4UkmDE
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/nickelodeonpolska/videos/679707496067666/?__so__=channel_tab&__rv__=all_videos_card
- ^ https://fb.watch/2sW0zdUo9p/
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/nickasia/videos/all-the-funny-moments-from-new-spongebob-episodes-top-5-l-spongebob/392007905316453/
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/NickelodeonHungary/videos/3961008360594251/?__so__=channel_tab&__rv__=all_videos_card
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/nickelodeonturkey/videos/196510002138774/?__so__=channel_tab&__rv__=all_videos_card
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/bobleponge/videos/vb.92090744645/849401968966679/?type=3&theater