- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- SpongeTom (debut)
- Gary the Snail
- Bubble Bass
- Bikini Bottomites
- Con man
- Yacht seller fish (debut)
In the Krusty Krab, all of the customers are suffering from hunger because SpongeBob is not at work. Mr. Krabs suggests that SpongeBob is dead, so he, Squidward and the customers decide to go into his house and check it out. It turns out that SpongeBob was sleeping because his alarm clock was not plugged in causing him to sleep in late. When SpongeBob tried to turn it on, after a series of unsuccessful events, his alarm clock broke.
At first, SpongeBob tried to fix it, but Patrick, trying to help his friend, broke it completely, which is why SpongeBob had to go to the alarm clock store. In the store, the seller tells SpongeBob that his alarms are no longer being produced, so SpongeBob decides to buy the whole store in order to choose a suitable alarm clock from the set.
But not one of the alarms can wake SpongeBob, which is why he is late for work. And so Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that if he is late again, he will have to hire another chef. At home, SpongeBob invents and creates a mechanism thanks to which he will not be late for work, and a plus, he will be able to sleep while this mechanism will make Krabby Patties. However, the mechanism breaks, but Mr. Krabs does not fire SpongeBob, and Patrick brings SpongeBob his old alarm clock, which he repaired.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Flight in Panic 1 - Gregor Narholz [Customers going crazy in the Krusty Krab]
‣ Battle March Link (a) - Keith Mansfield ["But he's never been late to work in his life!"]
‣ Funeral March - Otto Sieben [Customers crying/Customers crying again]
‣ The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs tells Squidward they have to check on SpongeBob's possible remains]
‣ Tabu - Daryl Griffith [Krabs, Squidward and customers outside SpongeBob's bedroom]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["...for the horror!"]
‣ Minitake 126 F-J - Gerhard Narholz ["Or the joy, let's not be downers about this."]
‣ Scary Chase - Alan Wynn ["The horror!"]
‣ Death Clock C - Dick De Benedictis [SpongeBob laying on his bed with Gary licking his face]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor Narholz [Krabs pulls Gary off SpongeBob's face]
‣ Death Clock C - Dick De Benedictis [SpongeBob wakes up]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs tells SpongeBob he's been late for work]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob's alarm clock was unplugged]
‣ Panic Patrol - Kenny Graham [SpongeBob's alarm clock bounces around the bedroom and gets destroyed]
‣ Powerhouse - Ego Plum [SpongeBob's alarm clock bounces around the bedroom and gets destroyed]
‣ Clumsy A - Bernd Gesell ["Looks like you need a new clock, boy-o."]
‣ Unknown Track 110 - "I can fix it."
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["...or else!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob's alarm clock mark on Squidward's head]
‣ The Great White (g) - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob's alarm clock mark on Squidward's head]
‣ Powerhouse (Suspicious Version) - Ego Plum [SpongeBob trying to fix his alarm clock]
‣ Say it with a Smile (e) - Dick Walter ["Hey SpongeBob, what are you doing?"]
‣ Powerhouse (Suspicious Version) - Ego Plum [Patrick offers to fix SpongeBob's alarm clock]
‣ Say it with a Smile (d) - Dick Walter ["Absolutely, don't you worry, I promise to be super careful."]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor Narholz [Patrick destroys the remains of SpongeBob's alarm clock]
‣ Far Away from Home - Rudolf Angerer ["Sorry, SpongeBob, I couldn't fix it."]
‣ Domestic Fun (c) - Ernest Tomlinson [Patrick continues destroying SpongeBob's alarm clock remains]
‣ Yodel of Joy - Renato Bui, Martha Wild [SpongeBob enters at Clock World]
‣ Screw on the Loose - Tony Lowry [Clock World's owner receives SpongeBob in the store]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob's alarm clock's remains on the sack]
‣ Screw on the Loose - Tony Lowry [Clock World's owner tells SpongeBob they don't make that model of alarm clock anymore]
‣ ? [SpongeBob buys every clock in Clock World]
‣ Fight for Ol' Schaefer U. - Will Schaefer [Clock World's owner leaves the store and buys a yacht]
‣ Box Melody - Leo Nissim [SpongeBob puts an alarm clock of a fire hydrant]
‣ Thoughts of Summer - Philippe Pares [The next morning...]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [A little firefighter sprays water at SpongeBob with a fire hose, not waking him up]
‣ ? [SpongeBob arrives one hour late at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Latin Nights - Sam Spence [SpongeBob puts an alarm clock of a punching bag]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Boxing glove comes from the punching bag and punches SpongeBob out of bed, not waking him up]
‣ ? [SpongeBob arrives late again at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Jellyfish come from a honeycomb-form alarm clock and sting SpongeBob, not waking him up]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Montage of SpongeBob arriving late at the Krusty Krab]
‣ ? ["Late again."]
‣ In Pursuit - Alan Wynn [Krabs' furrowed brow]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (d) - Ron Goodwin ["I don't know how many more 'or elses' I can take."]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [Feeding time for Gary]
‣ Powerhouse (Night Time Version) - Ego Plum [SpongeBob takes all his alarm clocks outside his house during the night]
‣ Powerhouse A - Ego Plum [Punching bag punches a sleepy SpongeBob into a wagon who takes him to the Krusty Krab on time]
‣ Powerhouse B - Ego Plum [Krabby Patties are made and served while SpongeBob still sleeping]
‣ Powerhouse C - Ego Plum [Krabby Patty lands on the grill and gets on fire, while all the clocks get destroyed and leave the kitchen a mess]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob wakes up in the Krusty Krab kitchen]
‣ ? [SpongeBob discovers the Krusty Krab kitchen destroyed]
‣ Approaching Danger - Ronald Hanmer ["Looks like it's..."]
‣ Tabu - Daryl Griffith ["NO!!!"]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick enters at the Krusty Krab kitchen]
‣ ? [Patrick shows SpongeBob's alarm clock to be "fixed"]
‣ ? ["Yes! Oh, Patrick, you fixed it!"]
‣ Say it with a Smile (d) - Dick Walter [Transition to next scene]
‣ Domestic Fun (c) - Ernest Tomlinson [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 DVD.
- The title card features SpongeBob's bedroom in an explosion banner.
- The scream from The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water reused when the broken parts of the clock are behind Squidward's forehead.
- SpongeBob's alarm clock also broke in "Gary's New Toy," but he was able to fix it in that episode.
- Mr. Krabs says that SpongeBob has never been late for work in his life, but he has been late to work on various occasions, the biggest example being the episode "New Digs."
- In the Russian dub, the line "Why won't you fix?!" is not dubbed.
- The storyboard of this episode has many things not featured in final version:
- Instead of Squidward's head being stuck in SpongeBob's clock, he smokes on it like a pipe before it crashes to pieces.
- SpongeBob screams at Mr. Krabs instead of normally asking him why would not he be alive.
- Instead of jellyfish flying from SpongeBob's another clock and zapping him has volcano alarm clock that splashes lava on him.
- This is the first episode to focus on SpongeBob's alarm clock.
- This is the first time bacon is shown on a Krabby Patty.
- Bubble Bass' love for pickles is shown once again when he orders a large amount of them on his burger.
- The fact that Clock World resembles a traditional Switzerland house references how Switzerland is known as the clock capital of the world.
- The Persistence of Memory, made by Spanish artist Salvador Dalí, appears when SpongeBob's Rube Goldberg machine is transporting SpongeBob to work.
- This is the second time this painting has been referenced in the series. The first time was in "Atlantis SquarePantis."
- Bubble Bass claims that his burger only contains 14 pickles. However, the close-up actually reveals 18.