- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- SpongeTom (debut)
- Gary the Snail
- Bubble Bass
- Bikini Bottomites
- Con man
- Yacht seller fish (debut)
In the Krusty Krab, all of the customers are suffering from hunger because SpongeBob is not at work. Mr. Krabs suggests that SpongeBob is dead, so he, Squidward, and the customers decide to go into his house and check it out. It turns out that SpongeBob was sleeping because his alarm clock was not plugged in, causing him to sleep late. When SpongeBob tried to turn it on, it was too heavy and toppled over, causing it to bounce around, and eventually break into pieces.
At first, SpongeBob tries to fix it, but Patrick, trying to help his friend, breaks it completely, forcing SpongeBob to buy another one at the alarm clock store. In the store, the seller tells SpongeBob that his alarms are no longer being produced, so SpongeBob decides to buy the whole store in order to choose a suitable alarm clock from the set.
However, not one of the alarms can wake SpongeBob, making him late for work every time. This forces Mr. Krabs to tell SpongeBob that if he is late again, he will fire him and hire another chef. At home, SpongeBob invents and creates a mechanism that will prevent him from being late for work, and as a plus, he will be able to sleep while this mechanism makes Krabby Patties. However, the mechanism breaks, but Mr. Krabs does not fire SpongeBob, he warns if he doesn't show up, he'll have to pen and close the krusty krab an hour later. Patrick at the same moment brings SpongeBob his old alarm clock. Even though he repaired it, it still didn't work, so Patrick had to make the noise of the alarm to wake up SpongeBob every morning.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Flight in Panic 1 - Gregor Narholz [Customers going crazy in the Krusty Krab]
‣ Battle March Link (a) - Keith Mansfield ["But he's never been late to work in his life!"]
‣ Funeral March - Otto Sieben [Customers crying/Customers continue crying]
• The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs tells Squidward they have to check on SpongeBob's possible remains]
‣ Tabu - Daryl Griffith [Krabs, Squidward and customers outside SpongeBob's bedroom]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["...for the horror!"]
‣ Minitake 126 F-J - Gerhard Narholz ["Or the joy, let's not be downers about this."]
‣ Scary Chase - Alan Wynn ["...The horror!"]
‣ Death Clock C - Dick De Benedictis [SpongeBob laying on his bed with Gary licking his face]
‣ Straight from Hell 10 - Gregor Narholz [Krabs pulls Gary off SpongeBob's face]
‣ Death Clock C - Dick De Benedictis [SpongeBob wakes up]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs tells SpongeBob he's been late for work]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob's alarm clock was unplugged]
‣ Panic Patrol - Kenny Graham [SpongeBob's alarm clock bounces around the bedroom and gets destroyed]
• Powerhouse - Ego Plum [SpongeBob's alarm clock bounces around the bedroom and gets destroyed]
‣ Clumsy A - Bernd Gesell ["Looks like you need a new clock, boy-o."]
• Unknown Track 110 - "It's the only alarm clock I've ever owned, I can fix it."
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["...or else!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob's alarm clock mark on Squidward's head]
‣ The Great White (g) - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob's alarm clock mark on Squidward's head]
• Powerhouse (Suspicious Version) - Ego Plum [SpongeBob trying to fix his alarm clock]
‣ Say it with a Smile (e) - Dick Walter ["Hey, SpongeBob, what are you doing?"]
• Powerhouse (Suspicious Version) - Ego Plum [Patrick offers to fix SpongeBob's alarm clock]
‣ Say it with a Smile (d) - Dick Walter ["Absolutely, don't you worry, I promise to be super careful."]
‣ Straight from Hell 10 - Gregor Narholz [Patrick destroys the remains of SpongeBob's alarm clock]
‣ Far Away from Home - Rudolf Angerer ["Sorry, SpongeBob, I couldn't fix it."]
‣ Domestic Fun (c) - Ernest Tomlinson [Patrick continues destroying SpongeBob's alarm clock remains]
‣ Yodel of Joy - Renato Bui, Martha Wild [SpongeBob enters at Clock World]
‣ Screw on the Loose - Tony Lowry [Clock World's owner receives SpongeBob in the store]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob's alarm clock remains on the sack]
‣ Screw on the Loose - Tony Lowry [Clock World's owner tells SpongeBob they don't make that model of alarm clock anymore]
‣ ? [SpongeBob buys every clock in Clock World]
‣ Fight for Ol' Schaefer U. - Will Schaefer [Clock World's owner leaves the store and buys a yacht]
‣ Box Melody - Leo Nissim [SpongeBob puts an alarm clock of a fire hydrant]
‣ Thoughts of Summer - Philippe Pares [The next morning...]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [A little firefighter sprays water at SpongeBob with a fire hose, not waking him up]
‣ ? [SpongeBob arrives one hour late at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Latin Nights - Sam Spence [SpongeBob puts an alarm clock of a punching bag]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Boxing glove comes from the punching bag and punches SpongeBob out of bed, not waking him up]
‣ ? [SpongeBob arrives late again at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Jellyfish come from a honeycomb alarm clock and sting SpongeBob, not waking him up]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Montage of SpongeBob arriving late at the Krusty Krab]
‣ ? ["Late again."]
‣ In Pursuit - Alan Wynn [Krabs' furrowed brow]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (d) - Ron Goodwin ["I don't know how many more 'or elses' I can take."]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [Feeding time for Gary]
• Powerhouse (Night Time Version) - Ego Plum [SpongeBob takes all his alarm clocks outside his house during the night]
• Powerhouse A - Ego Plum [Punching bag punches a sleepy SpongeBob into a wagon that takes him to the Krusty Krab on time]
• Powerhouse B - Ego Plum [Krabby Patties are made and served while SpongeBob still sleeping]
• Powerhouse C - Ego Plum [Krabby Patty lands on the grill and catches fire, while all the clocks get destroyed and leave the kitchen a mess]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob wakes up in the Krusty Krab kitchen]
‣ ? [SpongeBob discovers the Krusty Krab kitchen destroyed]
‣ Approaching Danger - Ronald Hanmer ["Looks like it's..."]
‣ Tabu - Daryl Griffith ["NO!!!"]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick enters at the Krusty Krab kitchen]
‣ ? [Patrick shows SpongeBob's alarm clock to be "fixed"]
‣ ? ["Yes! Oh, Patrick, you fixed it!"]
‣ Say it with a Smile (d) - Dick Walter [Transition to next scene]
‣ Domestic Fun (c) - Ernest Tomlinson [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 DVD.
- The title card features SpongeBob's bedroom in an explosion banner.
- This episode was paired with "Squid's on a Bus" when it premiered in Russia.
- The scream from The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water reused when the broken parts of the clock are behind Squidward's forehead.
- SpongeBob's alarm clock also broke in "Gary's New Toy," but he was able to fix it in that episode.
- This episode was paired up with "Senior Discount" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "Karen's Baby."
- Mr. Krabs says that SpongeBob has never been late for work in his life, but he has been late to work on various occasions, the other example being the episode "New Digs" and "Pet or Pests."
- In the Russian dub, the line "Why won't you fix?!" is not dubbed.
- The storyboard of this episode has many things not featured in the final version:
- Instead of Squidward's head being stuck in SpongeBob's clock, he smokes on it like a pipe before it crashes into pieces.
- SpongeBob screams at Mr. Krabs instead of normally asking him why would he not be alive.
- Instead of jellyfish flying from SpongeBob's clock and zapping him, he has a volcano alarm clock that splashes lava on him.
- This is one of the few episodes where the late rule is shown.
- This is the first episode where bacon is shown on a Krabby Patty.
- Bubble Bass' love for pickles is shown once again when he orders a large amount of them on his burger.
- The fact that Clock World resembles a traditional Switzerland house references how Switzerland is known as the clock capital of the world.
- The Persistence of Memory, made by Spanish artist Salvador Dalí, appears when SpongeBob's Rube Goldberg machine is transporting SpongeBob to work.
- This is the second episode where this painting has been referenced in the series. The first time was in "Atlantis SquarePantis."
- Bubble Bass claims that his burger only contains 14 pickles. However, the close-up actually reveals 18.
- In the scene with the large beeping clock reading "6:00," the cart in front of SpongeBob's bed is missing until the next shot, when it is not missing in the storyboard.
- In the original American airing, when it was paired with "Senior Discount", the two episodes were flipped in the DirecTV channel guide(meaning this episode was shown with the episode info for "Senior Discount" and vice versa)
- ^ This was found using the Unix timestamp of the thumbnail, which is 3/26/2020 @ 19:39:29.287.
- ^ Google archive of the episode page is from this date.
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1109514030987665409