- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sea urchin
- Bikini Bottomites
- Old Man Walker
- Nat Peterson
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Don the Whale
- Frank the fish
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Gus (red)
- Scooter (green)
- Thaddeus (blue)
- Bobbed brunette fish
- Labor authority officer (debut)
- Gale Rechid
- Frank (red shirt)
- Orange executive (purple)
- Incidental 73
- Ivy (gray)
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 22
- Tina Fran
- Incidental 2
- Tough fish
- Con man
- Evelyn Annette
- Miss Shell
- Fish wife
- Blobby (debut)
- Scrubby and the Cleaning Crew (debut)
SpongeBob is cooking Krabby Patties when Mr. Krabs and a labor authority officer come in. Mr. Krabs explains that SpongeBob must take a five-minute break or else he will get fined. SpongeBob sees dirt on a table and cleans it up, and Mr. Krabs tells him that he cannot work on his break. The labor authority author starts to fine Mr. Krabs, so he uncovers an employee break room.
SpongeBob is excited about the break room and makes a carousel out of hot dogs, th
en puts it in the microwave. He surfs on a chair in front of a wave poster, and then eats expired leftovers from the fridge. SpongeBob then makes a band out of various objects and starts playing music, which attracts the customers into the break room.
Mr. Krabs notices that the Krusty Krab is empty and finds everyone dancing in the break room, including the labor authority officer. He interrupts it to tell SpongeBob that his break is over. The officer agrees to not fine Mr. Krabs, and SpongeBob is excited for his next break in 20 years.
Mr. Krabs covers up the break room. SpongeBob goes back to the kitchen, but notices Squidward missing. It is then revealed that Squidward is taking a break in the break room.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Sailor's Sting 24 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening at the Krusty Krab]
‣ War Statement 10 - Laurie Johnson ["SpongeBob! Spatula down, sailor!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 6 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs orders SpongeBob to take a five minutes break at work]
‣ Zoom D - Dick De Benedictis [SpongeBob sees a stain on the table]
‣ Evil Mind 4 - Dick De Benedictis [SpongeBob sees a stain on the table]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["SpongeBob! What are you doing?!"]
‣ Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Labor authority officer threatens to fine Krabs]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs smashes the walls to reveal a hidden employee break room]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Employee break room?"]
‣ Down in Davy Jones' Locker - Nicolas Carr [Krabs opens the door of the employee break room]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Shots of the interior of the employee break room]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, it's beautiful! Like stepping through a portal into the magical realm beyond!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Yeah, whatever."]
‣ Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob takes some sausages and puts them in a microwave]
‣ ? [Sausage carousel in the microwave]
‣ Surfing Sponge - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob climbed on a chair pretending to surf]
‣ Flower Display - Jack Shaindlin [SpongeBob tastes expired meatloaf]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob falls apart]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (I) - Jeremy Wakefield [Control panel of one of SpongeBob's "band members" sparkles along with the microwave that is connected to him]
‣ Funky Pie - Olivier Renoir [Dance party at the break room]
‣ Moloka'i Nui A - Kapono Beamer [Customers leave the employee break room]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - Nicolas Carr [Krabs covers the employee break room]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Cause it's time you got back to making me money."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees Squidward is missing]
‣ Squidward's Tiki Land - Aaron Springer, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward in the break room]
- When this episode first aired, it was paired up with "Mind the Gap."
- Despite the plot, SpongeBob has actually taken a break before, like in "Hooky," "Jellyfish Hunter," and "Bummer Vacation."
- This episode is only six minutes long, due to its sister episode being over 15 minutes long.
- The title is similar to "Ditchin'."
- SpongeBob only needs one five-minute break every twenty years. This is a reference to the fact that the show was celebrating its twentieth anniversary the year this episode premiered.
- Tom Kenny provided the voice of Gale in this episode, making her sound slightly similar to Mrs. Puff.
- When Mr. Krabs yells "SpongeBob what are you doing?" it sounds similar to the way he yells it in "The Krusty Slammer."
- In "Ghoul Fools," Mr. Krabs suggests buying a break room for the Krusty Krab. Although in this episode, Mr. Krabs is shown to have a break room hidden inside of a wall in the Krusty Krab.
- Gary the Snail is listed in the credits for this episode. However, Gary is not seen or heard in this episode.