- Sea urchins
- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Pearl Krabs
- Barnacle (mentioned)
- Brain crab creature (debut)
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 118
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 11
- Incidental 29
- Incidental 150 (debut)
- Monkey (head as a pillow; stuffed animal)
- Incidental 2 (cameo)
- Incidental 104 (cameo)
- Incidental 46 (cameo)
- Incidental 7 (cameo)
- Incidental 69 (cameo)
- Giraffe (stuffed animal)
- Bear (stuffed animal)
- Octopus (stuffed animal)
- Davy Jones (mentioned)
- Incidental 27 (cameo)
- Incidental 10
- Incidental 5
- Sea unicorn (in picture)
- Rabbit (stuffed animal)
- Gary the Snail
At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is holding a meeting with his employees, informing them that his daughter Pearl is going to be working at the Krusty Krab during her summer vacation and that she has lots of new ideas to improve the restaurant. Squidward does not like the idea of being told what to do by a teenager, and he and SpongeBob agree to stand up to her to protect their jobs.
Pearl soon arrives and SpongeBob's resolution quickly crumbles, adoring the flamboyant new uniform Pearl gives them. After exchanging many ideas, Pearl and SpongeBob agree to turn the Krusty Krab into the "Kuddly Krab," and re-purpose the restaurant into a hip café, all with Mr. Krabs' blessing.
Squidward remains the only holdout and shakes the newly-designed sign in frustration. Two passersby are surprised the Krusty Krab is seemingly gone and, thinking Squidward is a woman, ask him where a place to eat is. Enraged, Squidward quits on the spot and rips off his costume, only for a police officer to write him up and stick the ticket on him as a loincloth.
The Kuddly Krab quickly becomes a hit with the teenage crowd. SpongeBob is told to make a salad, which he has never heard of, so he makes a Krabby Patty and shows it to Pearl. Disgusted, she tells him to take off the buns and the patty, leaving only tomatoes and lettuce. Upon returning to the kitchen, SpongeBob is horrified to see that his stove is gone. Pearl explains to him that Krabby Patties are no longer "hip," and that they now serve only tea and salad. SpongeBob is then given a humiliating mascot costume to wear out front, which finally drives him to complain to Mr. Krabs.
Despite putting on a brave face, Mr. Krabs admits that the renovations are indeed causing the restaurant to lose money. He agrees that Pearl has to be let go, but can't bring himself to fire his own daughter, so he makes SpongeBob fire her. When SpongeBob calls Pearl into the kitchen, dreading what he has to do, Pearl starts crying and reveals the truth: she hates working at the Krusty Krab and has been trying to get herself fired from the beginning. Pearl explains to SpongeBob that she doesn't want to go into the family business and only took the job (and pretended to like it) to please her father. Upon hearing this, SpongeBob hatches a plan to stage Pearl being fired outside of Mr. Krabs' office.
As Mr. Krabs listens in to the exchange, he debates with himself whether he should allow it to happen. The sight of his empty safe finally convinces him to let SpongeBob get on with it, but with the words, "Pearl, you're fired," the strain on Mr. Krabs' heart knocks him out cold. Pearl thanks SpongeBob for letting her go and kisses him on the cheek before dashing off to the mall with her friends.
SpongeBob enters Mr. Krabs' office to report his success, only to find him passed out on the floor. After being revived with a twenty-dollar bill, Mr. Krabs laments what's been done to Pearl, but SpongeBob assures him that she's happy with her life outside of the family business. However, Mr. Krabs does not know how to get his money back for the Kuddly Krab's decorations, so SpongeBob happily takes them all home in exchange for one year's salary, which makes Gary sad for some reason.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Moloka'i Nui A - Kapono Beamer [title card]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [opening]
‣ Romeo & Juliet Overture - Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Fiachra Trench ["The new spatulas are here!"]
‣ Family Tales H - Peter Balding, Otto Sieben [teaching Pearl how to breach]
‣ Vibe Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Hello? Daddy!"]
‣ Heavy Footsteps (a) - Paddy Kingsland ["SpongeBob, do you realize what this means?"]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White ["Say hello to me Pearl!"]
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [new Krusty Krew uniform]
‣ Orchestral Ending (d) - Dick Stephen Walter ["This is the greatest uniform ever!"]
• 12th Street Rag Revisited - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, SpongeBob, you look so adorable."]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [Squidward wearing the new uniform]
• Idea Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Me? Really?"]
‣ Gorgeous Girl - Kurt Schick [coming up with new names for the Krusty Krab]
‣ Short Fanfare [#29.02] - Alfred Kluten [The King Krab]
‣ Conga [#61] - Sammy Burdson [The Kool Krab]
‣ Guitar Rag 1 - Herbert Wallace, Jerry Burnham, Joseph Wilson [The Kowboy Krab]
‣ Slipping Over - Dave Rogers, Paul Shaw [The Kurly Krab]
‣ Shock - Cornelus Joh Bolten [The Kreepy Krab]
‣ Shock Horror (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [The Killer Krab]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [The Kuddly Krab]
• Steel Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward rips the uniform off]
• Bossy Boots - The Capsules [inside the Kuddly Krab]
‣ Aloha - Dick Stephen Walter ["Okay, no buns."]
‣ Lovely Scenery C - Mladen Franko [the grill's gone]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob in a crab costume]
‣ Stiff Upper Lip - Paddy Kingsland ["I'm a fry cook, darn it!"]
‣ Kids Up and Go (b) - Steve Sidwell [inside Krabs' office]
‣ What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor - Okko Bekker [sea unicorn wall hangers/Heart lights/Sea fern/"It's hip! It's coral! It's...!"]
‣ Botany Bay (b) - Robert Alexander White ["It's losing money!"]
• Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["That's it, boy!"]
◦ Bossy Boots - The Capsules ["...I'll wait in me office."]
‣ Vibe Link (a) - Richard Myhill ["How am I gonna break it to her?"]
‣ Island Romance - Jan Rap [Pearl cries]
‣ Orchestral Effect (f) - Dick Stephen Walter ["I've got it!"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [later...]
‣ Action Cut A - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob pretending to fire Pearl]
◦ Bossy Boots - The Capsules ["Come on, gang, the mall waits!"]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [SpongeBob screams]
‣ Hawaiian Breeze - Jon Jelmer ["How could we have done such a thing to me own flesh and blood?"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
◦ Bossy Boots - The Capsules [ending]
- This episode is available on the Tide and Seek, Complete 2nd Season, First 100 Episodes, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 2, The Complete Second Season, From the Beginning, Pt.1, SpongeBob, You're Fired!, I'm Your Biggest Fan, Tales of a Teenage Whale, The First & Second Seasons, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode is also available on the Tide and Seek VHS and Sponge-a-Rama VHS tapes.
- "Bossy Boots" was ranked #93 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- This episode was originally called "Working Pearl," but was later changed to the final title. Comcast had still listed it with the original title, but this has been fixed, and DirecTV originally used it too, but it was soon fixed. During the Best Day Ever marathon, it was referred to by its original title by Patchy the Pirate.
- The iTunes version still has "Working Pearl" as the name of the episode, but when watched the correct name is displayed.
- This episode marks the first time that the Krusty Krab has been remodeled.
- This episode marks the first time that the Krusty Krab grill is removed from the kitchen.
- This episode marks the first time where Nancy Suzy Fish is seen without lipstick or nostrils. However, in one scene, she does have nostrils.
- This is the second episode to feature Chrome. The first is "SB-129."
- The ideas Pearl and SpongeBob come up for the new Krusty Krab are:
- Pearl: The Kutie Krab
- Pearl: The Kooky Krab
- SpongeBob: The Khaotic Krab
- Pearl: The Kissy Krab
- SpongeBob: The King Krab
- Pearl: The Kandy Krab
- SpongeBob: The Kool Krab
- SpongeBob: The Kowboy Krab
- SpongeBob: The Kurly Krab
- SpongeBob: The Kreepy Krab
- SpongeBob: The Killer Krab
- Both: The Kuddly Krab
- When Jimmy Gus drives by SpongeBob and then insults him, he inadvertently insults himself: by saying, "... I was just on my way to the big doofus convention!" he implies that he will be attending as a doofus as well.
- The image of SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward with mustaches is featured on the protective case of The SpongeBob SquarePants Experience: A Deep Dive into the World of Bikini Bottom. Squidward's head appears on a different part of the case.
- In the Polish dub, the episode's title is "Nowa szefowa," which translates to "The New Manageress."
- In the Croatian dub, the episode's title is "Nova šefica," which translates to "The New Manageress."
- This episode and "Something Smells" are the first episodes to not appear in chronological episode number order. Instead of airing after "Your Shoe's Untied"/"Squid's Day Off," which would be chronologically in order of episode number, it had first aired after "Hooky"/"Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II."
- When Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob and Squidward to get to his office, in the end, there is the noise that a walkie-talkie or electronic megaphone makes before and after one talks into it. However, Mr. Krabs uses a non-electronic megaphone.
- When SpongeBob and Squidward are in Mr. Krabs' office, his door has a porthole window, but when he leaves and they are shaking hands, the porthole is gone and there is a life ring instead.
- When Squidward is outside after SpongeBob and Pearl go inside, a car is seen beside Krusty Krab. When Squidward shakes the Kuddly Krab sign, it disappears.
- The "K"s on Mr. Krabs' new uniform are rounded, but when it zooms into the scene of him lying on the floor, they are straight.
- SpongeBob's sleeves are gone during one shot of the new menu.
- When SpongeBob says "No patties," he removes the bottom bun from the patty instead and removes the actual patty when he says "happenin'."
- When SpongeBob enters the Kuddly Krab office, the sea unicorn has a horn, but when Mr. Krabs points it out, the horn is gone. It then returns when Mr. Krabs cries on his desk.
- When SpongeBob bumps into Pearl, her eyes are black rather than blue.
- When SpongeBob walks into the kitchen to fire Pearl, on a close-up on his face, he is missing his K's on his uniform.
- When Pearl kisses SpongeBob after he "fired" her, her eyelids are gray instead of light violet.
- In one of the final shots, SpongeBob's house is shown, but not Squidward's house next door.
- Mr. Krabs' blue stress toy is on his desk before SpongeBob comes over. When SpongeBob comes over and the view zooms out, the toy is gone.
- In some scenes, Squidward's eyelids go back to the seafoam color they were in season 1 rather than the teal they had become in season 2.
- At the ending when SpongeBob says, "Isn't this great, Gary? And it only cost me one year's salary!," SpongeBob blinks his eyes but his eyelashes are still seen.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|