- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Mr. Krabs' claw
- Bikini Bottomites
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 151
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 93
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 85
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 64
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 82
- Incidental 27
- Worker fish
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 152
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 25
- Incidental 26
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 90
- TV shark
- Shark woman (debut)
- Shark girl (debut)
Mr. Krabs is helping out and protecting the Krusty Krab, until he gets distracted by a penny on the floor. SpongeBob accidentally slams the kitchen door on him, making him to bounce all over town until finally getting smashed by a piano. An ambulance arrives, but before they take him away, Mr. Krabs attempts to appoint Squidward to be the manager, but Squidward puts SpongeBob in the direction of Mr. Krabs' s fingers, accidentally giving him the manager role. This makes him happy, despite Squidward's belief that he'll ruin the restaurant.
Mr. Krabs, in a full body cast and on a wheelchair, comes to see the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob is excited to meet him and shows him what he's done. Patrick's been hired to cook Krabby Patties while he goes around helping people with their problems, as he wants to act exactly like his regular boss. Meanwhile, Squidward is yelling at a customer, prompting SpongeBob to put a happy helmet on him. However, this makes him even more mad and scares the customers.
SpongeBob hears grinding from the kitchen, and realizes Patrick is cleaning a slicer wrongly. Afterwards, SpongeBob constantly tells Patrick he's doing his tasks wrong, making Patrick frustrated enough to quit his job. SpongeBob tries to prevent him from leaving, but he shuts the door so hard SpongeBob spins around in it. After coming out, he sees a slice of himself was made. He gets the slice to man the grill as he goes outside to help out more. Squidward quits due to the angry customers, with SpongeBob failing to stop him.
The angry mob turns to SpongeBob, and in order to appease the customers, he creates another slice to man the cash register. However, the restaurant is still in a disastrous state, so he creates more slices to help him. This works out until Patrick comes to "clean his desk" by taking a customer's Krabby Patties. He leaves the doors opened, causing the SpongeBob slices to fly out of the restaurant, causing enough chaos to make Mr. Krabs snap and break out of his body cast. SpongeBob is sad that he let down the Krusty Krab, but Mr. Krabs tells him he saved him from several months in a body cast. However, he was still mad at what he did and leaves him hanging on the fan.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Off Broadway - Werner Tautz [Extreme Music] [Title card.]
‣ Sea Battle [#44] - John Fox [Opening at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Children Box - Leo Nissim [Baby can't eat a Krabby Patty because of his size]
‣ Sea Battle [#44] - John Fox [Krabs kicks out the pirates outside the restaurant]
• Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Yep, takes a pretty study claw to overship this ship."]
• Hillbilly Chase - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs' claw smells a penny in the floor]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Closeup of the penny]
• Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston [Krabs takes the penny from the floor]
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob accidentally kicks Krabs out of the Krusty Krab and ends up injured]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Ambulance appears and Krabs gets taken to it]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Wait, Mr. Krabs. Who's in charge while you're out?"]
• Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs chooses accidentally SpongeBob to be in charge of the Krusty Krab]
• Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["I...I'm in charge!"]
• Galley Cooks Shanty 3 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward tells SpongeBob he can't do Krabs' job.]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
• Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Nurse takes Krabs to the Krusty Krab in a wheelchair]
• Pineapple Luau with Bongos - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Mr. Krabs, I'm so glad you're back!"]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob tells Krabs he hired a new fry cook]
‣ Evil Mind 3 - Dick De Benedictis [Krabs sees horrified who the new fry cook is]
• Sea Weed - Steve Belfer [Patrick is the new fry cook of the Krusty Krab]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob doing manager duties at the Krusty Krab]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["SpongeBob, you aggravating, obnoxious, lonesome...!"]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Patrick "cleaning" the deli slicer with a brick at the kitchen]
‣ Joy Ride - Jack Coles [SpongeBob giving tips to Patrick while he's cooking patties which makes him quit his job]
‣ Murder Scene - Alan Wynn [SpongeBob gets tangled with the door of the kitchen and a slice of himself is made]
• Jolly Little Roger With Tamborine - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob hires his own slice to be the new fry cook while Squidward quits. ]
‣ Murder Scene - Alan Wynn [Customers corner angrily SpongeBob to the door of the Krusty Krab]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob makes another slice of himself to be the new cashier]
‣ Alone and Lost - Norman Dane [Customers having troubles at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Project X - Cedric Palmer [SpongeBob gets nervous while he sees the customers' problems]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob makes many slices of himself]
‣ Off Broadway - Werner Tautz [Extreme Music] [All SpongeBob's slices help the customers in their troubles]
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [All SpongeBob's slices get destroyed in the air conditioner]
‣ Five Dramatic Bridges B - Kurt Rehfeld [Krabs gets very angry and recovers from his damages]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Mr. Krabs, you are better!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Sorry I let you down, all I wanted was to be a good boss, just like you."]
• Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Nobody's just like me."]
‣ Off Broadway - Werner Tautz [Extreme Music] [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 21 DVD.
- This episode was paired up with "Pineapple RV" during the original American airing, but it has since been re-airing with "The Goofy Newbie."
- These episodes premiered on July 17, 2020 to celebrate the 21st anniversary of the official series premiere.
- Both episodes preceded the live-action Nickelodeon special Cake my Day.
- This and "Pineapple RV" are currently the least-viewed episodes in the series, with only 0.73 million viewers.
- Likely because both episodes were uploaded on the internet a few months before premiereing on Nickelodeon.
- A clip was used for promoting new episodes in September 2019, but that didn't air in the fall.
- Another clip was used for the SpongeBob SmartyPants challenge in late June 2020.
- The title card is similar to those of "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired," "Ditchin'," "Two Thumbs Down," "Fun-Sized Friends," and "Krusty Kleaners."
- This is the first 11-minute episode to premiere during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A few clips from this episode was shown for ads for the SpongeBob SmartyPants challenge.
- SpongeBob imitates Mr. Krabs the same way he does in "Gone" and "Mimic Madness."
- When Patrick is substituting for SpongeBob, his clothing is almost the same as the clothes he wore in "Big Pink Loser."
- This is also the third episode in which Patrick dresses up as SpongeBob. The first being "Boating School" and the second being the former.
- SpongeBob has been put in charge of the Krusty Krab before in "Gullible Pants" and to an extent in "Squid's Day Off," although the plots of those episodes are different.
- Additionally, in "Gullible Pants," Mr. Krabs lets SpongeBob be in charge on purpose, instead of by accident like in this episode.
- "Squid's Day Off" takes place on a Sunday, which is when the Krusty Krab is usually closed.
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs is horrified to find out that SpongeBob hired Patrick as the fry cook, even though Mr. Krabs hired him temporarily back in "Bummer Vacation."
- This is the third episode in which SpongeBob has been cloned, the first being "Overbooked" and the second being "CopyBob DittoPants."
- There are actually numerous episodes where more than one SpongeBob appears, but these episodes are the only three where he is cloned for more purpose than as a gag.
- In Russia, the episode accidentally paired up with "The Ghost of Plankton" instead of "My Two Krabses."
- Squidward putting on a helmet to make himself smile is a reference to "Truth or Square."
- The pirates that sold the pie bomb to Squidward in "Dying for Pie" return in this episode.
- The title card music, "Off Broadway" was used in a Boomerang bumper for Tom and Jerry.
- According to SpongeBob in this episode, the order of a Krabby Patty is bun, patty, cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, and bun.
- In Canada, this episode was originally going to air on July 17, 2020, but was pulled for unknown reasons, and pushed it to September 19.
- One of the things that Mr. Krabs' eyes turn into are Pac-Man and a ghost, a reference to the game Pac-Man.
- SpongeBob's helmet that makes Squidward smile is a reference to The Ren & Stimpy Show episode "Stimpy's Invention."
- Multiple times throughout the episode, when SpongeBob changes into Mr. Krabs and back to his normal form again, parts of his belt are miscolored as white.
- When SpongeBob bolts in front of the front door of the Krusty Krab when Squidward is leaving, the bottom line of his two teeth are connected as one big line.
- Squidward's wrinkles are missing as well in the shot.
- When SpongeBob is twirling around in the circle of his slices, his leg appears white like his sock whenever he faces to the left
- Mr. Krabs duplicates himself for a split second when SpongeBob opens the door.
- When Squidward breaks the smile from SpongeBob his forehead wrinkles disappear for a split second.
- When SpongeBob says to Patrick to turn up half-degree, Patrick moves the dial too far for half-degree.
- SpongeBob morphing into Mr. Krabs.
- Mr. Krabs getting even more upset over time after SpongeBob messes something up.
- Krabby Patties falling on Incidental 60's butt.
- ^ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/342283011108110337/729617230475690144/image0-7.png
- ^ Google archive of the episode page is from this date.
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1136732815356092416
- ^ https://youtu.be/g7ULjD9TU48
- ^ https://youtu.be/DyqoLt13OvM
- ^ https://youtube.com/watch?v=PAqyZh4aT9Y
- ^ https://youtu.be/PkW43dWggNQ
- ^ https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.html?programSeriesId=SH00307766&tmsId=SH003077660000&from=sl&aid=gapzap