Warning! This page contains spoilers of an episode that has recently aired in Belgium, Central & Eastern Europe, the Netherlands, Portugal, Russia and Spain. Do not continue reading if you wish not to be spoiled.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Mr. Krabs' claw
- Bikini Bottomites
- Nat Peterson
- Norma Rechid
- Tina Fran
- Harold (red fish)
- Miss Shell
- Frank (red shirt)
- Old Man Walker
- Jimmy Gus
- Worker fish (debut)
- Incidental 60
- Jennifer Millie
- Frankie Billy
- Frank the fish
- Incidental 26
- Billy (lime fish)
- Evelyn Annette
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 2
- Sheldon (fish)
- Ivy (gray)
- Medley (green fish)
- Incidental 90
- Mary Walker
- TV shark
- Shark woman (debut)
- Shark girl (debut)
The episode starts with Mr. Krabs helping out and protecting the Krusty Krab, until he gets distracted by a penny on the floor. SpongeBob accidentally slams the door on him, causing him to bounce and crash all over town until he finally gets hit by a piano. An ambulance arrives, but before they take him away, Mr. Krabs attempts to point to Squidward to be the manager, but Squidward puts SpongeBob in the direction of his fingers, accidentally giving him the manager role. This makes SpongeBob happy, despite Squidward's belief that SpongeBob will ruin the restaurant.
Mr. Krabs, in a full body cast and on a wheelchair, comes to see the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob is excited to meet him and shows his boss around the restaurant. Patrick is shown to have been hired to cook the Krabby Patties while SpongeBob goes around helping people with their problems, as he wants to act exactly like Mr. Krabs. Meanwhile, Squidward is yelling at a customer, prompting SpongeBob to put on a happy helmet on him. However, this makes Squidward even more mad than he already was.
SpongeBob hears grinding from the kitchen, and sees that Patrick is cleaning a slicer wrongly. SpongeBob starts to constantly tell Patrick that the way he's doing tasks is wrong, making Patrick frustrated enough to quit the job. SpongeBob tries to get him to come back, but Patrick shuts the door so hard SpongeBob spins around in it. When SpongeBob comes out, he sees that a slice of himself was made. He gets the slice to man the grill as he goes outside to help out more. He sees Squidward quitting due to the angry customers, and tries to stop Squidward, but he fails.
After Squidward leaves, the angry mob turns to SpongeBob. In order to appease the customers, SpongeBob creates another slice of himself to man the cash register. However, the restaurant is still in a disastrous state, so SpongeBob creates many slices to help him with tasks all over the restaurant. This works out until Patrick comes to "clean his desk" by taking a customer's Krabby Patties. Because he left the doors opened, all the SpongeBob slices fly outside the restaurant causing enough chaos to get Mr. Krabs to snap and break out of his body cast. SpongeBob is sad that he let down the Krusty Krab, but Mr. Krabs tells him he had saved him from several months in a body cast. However, he was still mad at what SpongeBob did and leaves SpongeBob hanging on the fan.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Off Broadway - Werner Tautz [Title card]
‣ Sea Battle [#44] - John Fox [Opening at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Children Box - Leo Nissim [Baby can't eat a Krabby Patty]
‣ Sea Battle [#44] - John Fox [Krabs kicks out the pirates outside the restaurant]
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Yep, takes a pretty study claw to overship this ship."]
‣ Hillbilly Dual - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs' claw smells a penny in the floor]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Closeup of the penny]
‣ Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston [Krabs takes the penny from the floor]
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob accidentally kicks Krabs out]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Ambulance takes Krabs away]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Wait, Mr. Krabs. Who's in charge while you're out?"]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob is wrongly pointed out]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["I...I'm in charge!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 22 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward tells SpongeBob he can't do Krabs' job]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs in a wheelchair]
• Pineapple Luau - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Mr. Krabs, I'm so glad you're back!"]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob tells Krabs he hired a new fry cook]
‣ Evil Mind 3 - Dick De Benedictis [Krabs is horrified to see the cook]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [The fry cook is Patrick]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob doing manager duties]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["SpongeBob, you aggravating, obnoxious, lonesome...!"]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Patrick "cleaning" the deli slicer with a brick]
‣ Joy Ride - Jack Coles [Patrick angrily quits]
‣ Murder Scene - Alan Wynn [SpongeBob gets tangled with the door of the kitchen]
‣ Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob hires his own slice to be the new fry cook.]
‣ Murder Scene - Alan Wynn [Customers corner SpongeBob to the door.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea.]
‣ Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob makes another slice of himself to be the new cashier]
‣ Alone and Lost - Norman Dane [Customers having troubles at the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Project X - Cedric Palmer [SpongeBob is nervous.]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob makes many slices of himself]
‣ Off Broadway - Werner Tautz [All of slices help the customers in their troubles]
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The slices get desroyed in the air conditioner]
‣ Five Dramatic Bridges B - Kurt Rehfeld [Krabs gets very angry and recovers from his damages]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Mr. Krabs, you are better!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Sorry I let you down. All I wanted was to be a good boss, just like you."]
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Nobody's just like me."]
‣ Off Broadway - Werner Tautz [Ending]
- The title card is similar to those of "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired," "Ditchin'," "Two Thumbs Down," "Fun-Sized Friends," and "Krusty Kleaners."
- SpongeBob imitates Mr. Krabs the same way he does in "Gone" and "Mimic Madness."
- When Patrick is substituting for SpongeBob, his clothing is almost the same as the clothes he wore in "Big Pink Loser."
- This is also the third episode in which Patrick dresses up as SpongeBob. The first being "Boating School" and the second being the former.
- SpongeBob has been put in charge of the Krusty Krab before in "Gullible Pants" and to an extent in "Squid's Day Off," although the plots of those episodes are different.
- Additionally, in "Gullible Pants," Mr. Krabs lets SpongeBob be in charge on purpose, instead of by accident like in this episode.
- "Squid's Day Off" takes place on a Sunday, which is when the Krusty Krab is usually closed.
- When a piano falls on Mr. Krabs, it references "Fear of a Krabby Patty" when SpongeBob drops a piano on Plankton.
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs is horrified to find out that SpongeBob hired Patrick as the fry cook, even though Mr. Krabs hired him temporarily back in "Bummer Vacation."
- This is the third episode in which SpongeBob has been cloned, the first being "Overbooked" and the second being "CopyBob DittoPants."
- There are actually numerous episodes where more than one SpongeBob appear, but these episodes are the only three where he is cloned for more purpose than as a gag.
- This episode accidentally premiered in Russia instead of "My Two Krabses."
- Squidward putting on a helmet to make him smile is a reference to "Truth or Square."
- One of the things that Mr. Krabs' eyes turn into are Pac-Man and a ghost, a reference to the game Pac-Man.
- SpongeBob's helmet that makes Squidward smile is a reference to The Ren & Stimpy Show episode "Stimpy's Invention."
- Multiple times throughout the episode, when SpongeBob changes into Mr. Krabs and back to his normal form again, parts of his belt are miscolored as white.
- When SpongeBob bolts in front of the front door of the Krusty Krab when Squidward is leaving, the bottom line of his two teeth are connected as one big line.
- When SpongeBob is twirling around in the circle of his slices, his leg appears white like his sock whenever he faces to the left.
- SpongeBob morphing into Mr. Krabs.
- Mr. Krabs getting even more upset over time after SpongeBob messes something up.