- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Mr. Krabs' claw
- Bikini Bottomites
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 151
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 93
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 85
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 64
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 82
- Incidental 27
- Worker fish
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 152
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 25
- Incidental 26
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 90
- TV shark
- Shark woman (debut)
- Shark girl (debut)
The episode begins on a particularly busy day at the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs is managing everything smoothly, while barking orders at SpongeBob and Squidward. Mr. Krabs helps out the customers with their problems, whether it be refilling a man's drink, giving another customer ketchup, or a slicing a Krabby Patty into small pieces for a little baby to eat. Mr. Krabs also manages to fight off a group of pirates at the same time all of this is happening. After all of that, Mr. Krabs' claw smells cash, and finds a penny on the floor. Mr. Krabs delightfully claims the penny, but almost immediately afterwards, SpongeBob kicks open the kitchen door, accidentally knocking Mr. Krabs all over the restaurant until he eventually lands in the middle of the street. A construction worker hoisting up a piano becomes distracted when he notices the penny that Mr. Krabs found earlier fell out of his pocket, causing Mr. Krabs to be crushed by the piano. An ambulance arrives immediately, but before they take Mr. Krabs away, SpongeBob asks who will be in charge of the Krusty Krab while he is out. Mr. Krabs is about to point at Squidward, but he puts SpongeBob in front of him, officially making SpongeBob the boss of the Krusty Krab until Mr. Krabs recovers, much to Mr. Krabs' chagrin. Squidward mocks SpongeBob, saying that he will probably ruin everything "like he always does." SpongeBob decides that if he wants to boss like Mr. Krabs, he will have to act like him too.
Later on, a nurse is wheeling Mr. Krabs, who is in a full body cast, back to the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob greets him at the front door, and wheels him inside of the restaurant to show him how he has been taking care of things. He reveals that he hired Patrick to be the new fry cook of the Krusty Krab, since he is too busy being the boss now, much to Mr. Krabs' distress. SpongeBob shows Mr. Krabs how much of an effective boss he is by helping two troubled customers; one of which needs a napkin, and the other having a wobbly table. Nearby, Squidward yells at a customer, which results in SpongeBob scolding him. SpongeBob makes Squidward wear a helmet that forces him to smile to appear more friendly to the customer, but it only creeps him out instead. Squidward is about to blow up at SpongeBob, but they suddenly hear a slicing sound coming from the kitchen, and SpongeBob goes to check it out. It is Patrick, attempting to clean the deli-slicer with a pair of tongs. SpongeBob offers to take care of the situation, while Patrick gets back to work. In the next scene, Patrick is trying to make a Krabby Patty, but SpongeBob micromanages everything he does, even down to the tiniest detail. This annoys Patrick to the point where he quits, but not before taking off all of his clothes. Patrick slams the door on his way out, and SpongeBob gets caught in the spinning door, resulting in a part of himself being sliced off. SpongeBob ends up leaving the SpongeBob slice clone in charge of the cooking. Out in the dining room, Squidward is being pestered by an angry mob. This prompts him to storm out of the restaurant, but not before SpongeBob attempts to stop him. It does not work however, as Squidward screams in SpongeBob's face that he quits, angrily leaving the Krusty Krab.
The angry mob turns to SpongeBob, but he quickly thinks of the solution to slice off another clone of himself and put him in charge of the cash register. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that everything is now under control, but out of nowhere, tons of things start going wrong at once. One woman spills her drink, another man slips in the spill and falls, one customer complains that the TV does not work, one customer complains that it is too hot, and another customer complains that it is too cold. The pressure eventually gets to SpongeBob, as he screams at the tops of his lungs for everyone to stop. SpongeBob runs back into the kitchen and starts slicing off multiple clones of himself, all of which assist each and every customer with their problems. Suddenly Patrick (who is still naked), bursts through the front door, saying that he is just "cleaning out his desk" (although in actuality, he just steals a family's meal). Patrick leaves the door open though, resulting in the SpongeBob slice clones being blown around the restaurant and eventually being sliced to bits via the Krusty Krab's ceiling fan. All of the customers are grossed out by the sponge bits and leave the establishment, making Mr. Krabs extremely angry to the point where he breaks out of his body cast. SpongeBob (who is now stuck in the ceiling fan) apologizes to Mr. Krabs for messing everything up. Mr. Krabs forgives him, saying that the rage he felt watching him destroy his restaurant forced his body to heal very quickly, but also states that SpongeBob's pay will have to be docked for decades to cover all the damage SpongeBob caused. Mr. Krabs turns on the ceiling fan and laughs, while SpongeBob spins around in the ceiling fan, as the episode ends.
- SpongeBob morphing into Mr. Krabs.
- Mr. Krabs getting even more upset every time after SpongeBob messes something up.
- Krabby Patties falling on Incidental 60's butt.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Off Broadway - Werner Tautz [Extreme Music] [Title card.]
‣ Sea Battle [#44] - John Fox [Opening]
‣ Children Box - Leo Nissim [Baby can't eat a Krabby Patty]
‣ Sea Battle [#44] - John Fox [Krabs kicks out the pirates]
• Another Krusty Krab Day 3 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Yep, takes a pretty study claw to overship this ship."]
• Hillbilly Chase - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs' claw smells a penny in the floor]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Closeup of the penny]
• Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston [Krabs takes the penny from the floor]
• Greenhorn Rag Remix No Whistle - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob accidentally kicks Krabs out of the Krusty Krab]
• Painful Hits - Nicolas Carr [The piano falls on Krabs]
‣ Dramatic Cue (A) - Ronald Hanmer [Ambulance appears]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Wait, Mr. Krabs. Who's in charge while you're out?"]
• Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs accidentally chooses SpongeBob]
• Breathing Underwater Short - Nicolas Carr ["I...I'm in charge!"]
• Galley Cooks Shanty 3 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward tells SpongeBob he can't do Krabs' job.]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition]
• Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Nurse takes Krabs to the Krusty Krab]
• A Pineapple Luau with Bongos - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Mr. Krabs, I'm so glad you're back!"]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob tells Krabs he hired a new fry cook]
• Oh My Neptune! - Nicolas Carr [Krabs sees horrified who the new fry cook is]
• Seaweed 2 - Steve Belfer [Patrick is the new fry cook]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob doing manager duties]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["SpongeBob, you aggravating, obnoxious, lonesome...!"]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Patrick "cleaning" the deli slicer with a brick]
‣ Joy Ride - Jack Coles [SpongeBob giving tips to Patrick while he's cooking patties which makes him quit his job]
‣ Murder Scene - Alan Wynn [SpongeBob gets tangled with the door]
• Jolly Little Roger with Tamborine - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob hires his own slice]
‣ Murder Scene - Alan Wynn [Customers corner angrily SpongeBob to the door of the Krusty Krab]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob makes another slice of himself to be the new cashier]
‣ Alone and Lost - Norman Dane [Customers having troubles at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Project X - Cedric Palmer [SpongeBob gets nervous while he sees the customers' problems]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob makes many slices of himself]
‣ Off Broadway - Werner Tautz [Extreme Music] [All SpongeBob's slices help the customers in their troubles]
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [All SpongeBob's slices get destroyed in the air conditioner]
‣ Five Dramatic Bridges B - Kurt Rehfeld [Krabs gets very angry and recovers from his damages]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Mr. Krabs, you are better!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Sorry I let you down, all I wanted was to be a good boss."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 19 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Just like you."]
• Another Krusty Krab Day 3 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Nobody's just like me."]
‣ Off Broadway - Werner Tautz [Extreme Music] [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 21 and The Complete Twelfth Season DVDs.
- This episode was paired up with "Pineapple RV" during the original American airing, but it has since been re-airing with "The Goofy Newbie."
- A clip from this episode was used for promoting new episodes in September 2019, but this episode did not air in the fall.
- Another clip was used for the SpongeBob SmartyPants challenge in late June 2020.
- The title card is similar to those of "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired," "Ditchin'," "Two Thumbs Down," "Fun-Sized Friends," and "Krusty Kleaners."
- A few clips from this episode were shown for ads for the SpongeBob SmartyPants challenge.
- SpongeBob imitates Mr. Krabs the same way he does in "Gone" and "Mimic Madness."
- This is the third episode in the series in which Patrick dresses up as SpongeBob. The first being "Boating School" and the second being the former.
- SpongeBob has been put in charge of the Krusty Krab before in "Gullible Pants" and to an extent in "Squid's Day Off," although the plots of those episodes are different.
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs is horrified to find out that SpongeBob hired Patrick as the fry cook, even though Mr. Krabs hired him temporarily in "Bummer Vacation."
- This is the third episode in which SpongeBob has been cloned, after "Overbooked and "CopyBob DittoPants."
- In Russia, this episode was accidentally paired up with "The Ghost of Plankton" instead of "My Two Krabses."
- Squidward putting on a helmet to make himself smile is a callback to "Truth or Square."
- The pirates that sold the pie bomb to Squidward in "Dying for Pie" return in this episode.
- The title card music, "Off Broadway" was used in a Boomerang bumper for Tom and Jerry and a bumper for Adult Swim.
- According to SpongeBob in this episode, the order of a Krabby Patty is bun, patty, cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, and bun.
- In Canada, this episode was originally going to air on July 17, 2020, but was pulled for unknown reasons, and pushed it to September 19.
- Mr. Krabs' eyes turn into Pac-Man and a ghost, referencing the game Pac-Man.
- Multiple times throughout the episode, when SpongeBob changes into Mr. Krabs and back to his normal form again, parts of his belt are miscolored as white.
- When SpongeBob bolts in front of the front door of the Krusty Krab when Squidward is leaving, the bottom line of his two teeth are connected as one big line.
- Squidward's wrinkles are missing as well in the shot.
- When SpongeBob is twirling around in the circle of his slices, his leg appears white like his sock whenever he faces to the left.
- Mr. Krabs duplicates himself for a split second when SpongeBob opens the door.
- When Squidward breaks the smile from SpongeBob, his forehead wrinkles disappear for a split second.
- When SpongeBob says to Patrick to turn up half-degree, Patrick moves the dial too far for half-degree.
- In a few scenes where Mr. Krabs chooses who'll be in charge, Squidward's eyelids are miscolored.
- ^ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/342283011108110337/729617230475690144/image0-7.png
- ^ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/695260869885558835/698578521748144208/image0.jpg
- ^ Google archive of the episode page is from this date.
- ^ https://tv24.se/kanal/paramount-network/2020-09-20
- ^ https://web.archive.org/web/20210203221856/https://www.telsu.fi/paavo-pesusieni/3
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1136732815356092416
- ^ https://youtu.be/g7ULjD9TU48
- ^ https://youtu.be/DyqoLt13OvM
- ^ https://youtube.com/watch?v=PAqyZh4aT9Y
- ^ https://youtu.be/PkW43dWggNQ
- ^ https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.html?programSeriesId=SH00307766&tmsId=SH003077660000&from=sl&aid=gapzap