- Mild Ones (debut)
- Bikini Bottom Bad Boys (debut)
- Prospector (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Barnacles (mentioned)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Giant clams
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 151
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 23
- Goofy Goober (name on underwear)
The episode begins with SpongeBob jellyfishing. He tells a jellyfish to stay off the road because it's dangerous. Some men on motorcycles drive past him, and SpongeBob holds on to one of the men's jackets, ripping an 'M' off of it. He looks at the jacket when he has to let go of it. He presumes it says "The ild Ones," but he soon notices the "W" in his hand and figures out that they are called "The Wild Ones." A fish pops from the ground after hearing this and tells him that "The Wild Ones" are a group of vicious bikers who have destroyed cities. SpongeBob runs to tell Mr. Krabs about it, but he does not listen, so he tells Patrick. Then, Mr. Krabs takes the opportunity to welcome the bikers and raises his prices in order to get them to eat there after hearing SpongeBob described them as "ravenous," thinking that he will profit from their business.
After Patrick says that if they dressed up like bikers, they would be the big scary bikers, SpongeBob and Patrick decide to dress in biker attire and ride into town on a paddle-unicycle and a paddle-tricycle, respectively. After the bikers arrive at the Krusty Krab, it turns out that they are old folks.
The actual name of the biker gang is revealed to be 'The Mild Ones.' SpongeBob had the "M" upside-down. The biker that had the "M" ripped off of his jacket gets his "M" back from SpongeBob, and The Mild Ones ride away. Shortly after this, it is revealed that Squidward decided to join with them.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Barbecue Beach - Martin Busca, Thomas Klein [title card]
• Marlin March - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob jellyfishing]
‣ Barbecue Beach - Martin Busca, Thomas Klein ["The -ild Ones. That's a strange name."]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm, W."]
• Old Fortyniner - Nicolas Carr [hillbilly warns SpongeBob about The Wild Ones]
‣ Lovely Scenery (c) - Mladen Franko ["Bloodthirsty bikers?!"]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [shortcut]
‣ Finger of Fear - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob barricading the door/"Bikers... coming... nasty... ferocious... take... over... town. Destroy... must hide!"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Ravenous, did you say?"]
‣ Dingles Regatta - Brian Peters [biker decor]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries]
‣ Barbecue Beach - Martin Busca, Thomas Klein [bikers heading toward Bikini Bottom]
‣ Drama Link (e) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob warns Squidward]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I know just what you should do."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward kicks SpongeBob]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob warns Patrick]
‣ On Fire - Gregor F. Narholz [they panic]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [clam spits SpongeBob and Patrick out]
‣ On Fire - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick get launched into some kelp]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [lawnmower]
‣ On Fire - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick scream]
• Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Say that again, Patrick."]
‣ Twang Bar Blues 1 - Steve Byrd [SpongeBob and Patrick dressed as bikers]
‣ Jovial Jack - Philippe Pares [riding unicycles]
• Steel Licks 20 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick, it's working."]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ The Sword of Damocles - Jack Beaver [montage of SpongeBob overreacting]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["SpongeBob, you always overreact to everything!"]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [bikers arrive]
‣ Hilo March - The Hawaiian Serenaders [ending]
- This episode is available on the Season 4 Volume 2, First 100 Episodes, 2-Season TV Pack, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, From the Beginning, Pt.2, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 6, Complete Fourth Season, The Third & Fourth Seasons, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode was originally going to be titled "The Wild Ones."
- This marks the 150th episode segment of the series.
- This episode was released on the Season 4 Volume 2 DVD box set before it aired on American television.
- SpongeBob's biker outfit consists of:
- A red and white-striped long sleeved top
- A denim waistcoat
- Brown work boots
- And a round helmet with a spike and a skull.
- His bike is his paddle-unicycle.
- Patrick is seen wearing his Goofy Goober underwear from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- Patrick's biker outfit consists of:
- A yellow-ish T-shirt
- A black leather jacket with a high collar
- Blue denim shorts with a big belt with a skull on it
- And a black cap.
- His bike is a paddle-tricycle.
- This episode reveals the name of the anchovy with blonde hair and wearing a blue dress and bow: Mable.
- Old Man Jenkins is one of The Mild Ones.
- Throughout the episode, if one were to pause the screen image and look closely whenever the bikers pass the screen, the bikers are clearly shown to be seniors.
- This is the second episode where a shortcut to the Krusty Krab is shown, the first being "Wormy."
- This is the second episode to show blood. The first is "Dying for Pie."
- This episode contains the second Goofy Goober reference outside of the first movie. The first is the Goofy Goober back scratcher in "Chimps Ahoy."
- This is the third episode where the letters W and M are switched around, the first being "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV," and the second being "No Weenies Allowed."
- This episode premiered on the same day as the 2007 Kids' Choice Awards.
- This is the fourth episode, along with the sister episode "Best Frenemies," to premiere on the same day as the Kids' Choice Awards. The first was "Help Wanted"/"Reef Blower"/"Tea at the Treedome" in 1999, the second was "Krabby Land"/"The Camping Episode" in 2004, and the third was "Krusty Towers"/"Mrs. Puff, You're Fired" in 2006.
- This is the last episode to use the APM track "Hilo March."
- The German title for this episode is "Wilde Jungs," which translates to "Wild Boys."
- The Greek title for this episode is "οι άγριοι," which translates to "The wilds."
- The Arabic title for this episode is "الآحاد البرية" (alahad alb aria: El-ah-had-u Dor-rrea-do), which translates to "Wild Ones."
- The title of this episode is a reference to the song "Born to Be Wild" by the rock band Steppenwolf.
- SpongeBob and Patrick's attire takes inspiration from the 1953 film The Wild One.
- The mistaken name of the group, "The Wild Ones," is a reference to the film as well.
- At the mid-beginning where the setting takes place in the Krusty Krab and at Squidward's front door, if one listens carefully, SpongeBob's crying and overreacting sound like he is laughing as displayed in the subtitles, yelling "Aha, ha, aha ha, aha ha!" and "Ah, ha, ha!"
- The bike rack that Mr. Krabs shows to SpongeBob appears in front of the Krusty Krab. However, in other scenes, the bike rack is gone.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick bump into each other the second time, SpongeBob's arm is missing a hand for a split second.
- Right before SpongeBob says, "we walk the walk," if paused at the right frame, one can see that for one frame the whites in SpongeBob's eyes have turned completely yellow and one of his legs have went missing.
- During that scene SpongeBob's teeth turn yellow for a split second.
- Right before the Mild Ones drive around Squidward, when watching in slow motion, it can be seen that some of the men's jackets say "Mile Ones" instead of "Mild Ones."