- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mr. Sun
- Gary the Snail
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Usher (debut)
- Mini SpongeBob
- Puppet usher (debut)
- Mrs. Puff
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 21
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 87
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 81
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 93
- Incidental 83
SpongeBob starts the episode by waking up and singing the song "Best Day Ever," and he describes to Gary what he plans to do on this day: do his "perfect" job at the Krusty Krab, practice karate with Sandy, go jellyfishing with Patrick using his new high-tech net, and at the end of the day, attend Squidward's big clarinet recital. However, SpongeBob's "Best Day Ever" does not turn out as he plans. He goes to the Krusty Krab, only to find it condemned due to a severe nematode infestation. He then tells the nematodes to leave, but they eat his pants instead. SpongeBob begins playing the "Best Day Ever" song with his nose, causing the nematodes to follow him. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to keep playing and lead them as far away as possible, and he does so until they all fall asleep (including SpongeBob).
He then goes to Sandy's Treedome for karate, but Sandy is busy trying to fix a leak in the roof of her Treedome. SpongeBob thinks that this is a trap, and attacks her anyway. Sandy hits him and sends him flying up to the roof, and his glove sticks to it, sealing the leak. Afterwards, SpongeBob heads over to Jellyfish Fields to go jellyfishing with Patrick, but Patrick explains that he has broken his net. SpongeBob gives him his old net to use, but he quickly breaks it as well. Finally, SpongeBob gives Patrick his brand-new net and sits there watching as Patrick has fun jellyfishing with it.
Finally, when SpongeBob goes to Squidward's clarinet recital, Squidward tells him that he cannot play in the concert because his clarinet reed is shot. SpongeBob pulls out one of his teeth to replace the reed, and angrily demands Squidward to put on the show, frustrated that the majority of his "Best Day Ever" is ruined. When SpongeBob tries to enter the concert, the doorman will not let him in because he does not have a ticket. He tries various methods of sneaking in, but is caught every time. Eventually, the doorman realizes who SpongeBob is (Mrs. Puff said his name while hiding in her purse), and lets him in because he is on the VIP list. However, the concert ends just as SpongeBob gets into his seat, and then he finally loses it.
Reaching his breaking point, SpongeBob goes up on stage, rips the curtains and starts angrily whining to the audience about how his "Best Day Ever" was completely destroyed. However, his friends go up and remind SpongeBob of how he helped them with their problems out of his kindness, and to make everything up to him, they hold a "very expensive" production in which SpongeBob performs his song, "Best Day Ever," to complete his real Best Day Ever with his friends by his side. After hours, SpongeBob is still singing, his friends are tired and sleepy, the audience has left the concert hall, and the janitor is sweeping the floor. As the episode ends with Squidward asking, "How long do we have to keep this up?", Mr. Krabs replies with "Just 'til his little heart gives out, Squidward. Just 'til his little heart gives out."
- SpongeBob's festivities getting ruined.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
◦ The Best Day Ever - Andy Paley, Tom Kenny [opening]
• Best Clarinet - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [clarinet overlay]
◦ The Best Day Ever - Andy Paley, Tom Kenny [rest of opening]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [Krusty Krab condemned]
‣ Drama Link (H) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs faints]
‣ Drama Link (D) - Hubert Clifford ["I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [nematodes eat SpongeBob's pants]
• Pied Piper Bob - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob playing nose as a flute]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
• Pied Piper Bob - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob leading nematodes away]
• Solo Steel 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [nematodes fall asleep]
• Goofy Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [adhesive karate gloves]
‣ Take That! (b) - Helene C.E. Muddiman [SpongeBob jumps out at Sandy]
• Exotic Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, just a little something I like to call karate!"]
• Goofy Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [leak in Sandy's roof]
‣ Take That! (b) - Helene C.E. Muddiman ["Knock... it... off!"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["It stopped?"]
• Steel Licks 7 - Jeremy Wakefield [karate glove stuck to Sandy's roof]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick jellyfishing]
‣ Fates [#62.02] - Gregor F. Narholz ["I broke my net!"]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob gives Patrick his old net]
‣ Fates [#62.02] - Gregor F. Narholz [Patrick breaks it]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["Could I use this one?"]
• Steel Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Actually, Patrick, that's my brand new net."]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick jellyfishing with SpongeBob's new net]
• AP 9 BDE Steel - Andy Paley, Tom Kenny [steel guitar arrangement of "The Best Day Ever"]
‣ Facing the Challenge - Gregor F. Narholz ["I won't let this one slip through my fingers."]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill [Squidward's clarinet reed is broken]
‣ Big Ed's March - Sam Spence [SpongeBob replaces it with one of his teeth/"Now get in there and give me a concert to remember."]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [SpongeBob doesn't have a ticket]
• The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [marionettes]
• AP 11 BDE Spy # 1 - Andy Paley, Tom Kenny [SpongeBob sneaks into the theater]
• Sneaky Panther Pants - Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff arrives]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Wait a minute."]
• AP 5 BDE March - Andy Paley, Tom Kenny [marching band arrangement of "The Best Day Ever"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Romantic Ending [#32] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["This was supposed to be my perfect day."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["No, it's not okay!"]
• AP 10 BDE Steel Uke - Andy Paley, Tom Kenny [Steel and Ukulele arrangement of "The Best Day Ever"]
• You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob smiles]
• Tuning Up - Nicolas Carr ["Ladies and gentlemen"]
◦ The Best Day Ever - Andy Paley, Tom Kenny [ending]
- This episode is available on the Best Day Ever, Season 4 Volume 2, First 100 Episodes, Complete Fourth Season, The Third & Fourth Seasons, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, 2-Season TV Pack, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The Tom Kenny Collection, Waves of Adventure, Best of SpongeBob, From the Beginning, Part 2, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 7, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode was planned to be on the Nick Picks 6 DVD, which was cancelled due to Paramount Home Entertainment's marketing issues.
- The "SpongeBob Best Day Ever" online game, which went live on November 9, generated 1.3 million gameplay sessions and more than 867,000 unique visitors in three days. The full-length music video for "Best Day Ever" generated more than 1.4 million streams, with 471,000 unique visitors, making it the No. 2 video on TurboNick from November 6 to 12. During the same time period, "Best Day Ever"'s promotion video on TurboNick had 370,000 streams and was ranked within the top 10 videos of the broadband channel.
- This episode is number 11 on The Tom Kenny Collection on iTunes and Amazon.com. His description says:
"I dare you to have a lousy day while singing that song! Pure pop bubblegum!"
- "Best Day Ever" was ranked #4 during the SpongeBob's Top 100 event in the UK and Ireland from June 4-8, 2012.
- A marathon event broadcast on Nickelodeon would include the episode premiere, along with the top 100 SpongeBob episodes voted by fans.
- Also, prior the premiere of the episode, Best Buy stores across the United States would introduce a "Best Day Ever"-themed Best Buy gift card that doubles as a DVD-ROM packed with music videos, video game previews and more. Additional designs of the cards can be found here. In addition, "Best Day Ever"-themed activities would be held at the Nickelodeon Family Suites Hotel by Holiday Inn including a themed party called the Bikini Bottom Bash. Throughout the month of November, the hotel released a "Best Day Ever" package to its guests starting at $369.
- This is the first episode to begin with a song.
- This is the first episode to air during the Best Buddies Week event.
- On a June 1, 2016 airing, some scenes were skipped, but one can still see SpongeBob and Patrick for a split second before SpongeBob accidentally hits a light and falls into the stage.
- This is the fourth episode to end with a song. The first is "Help Wanted," the second is "Your Shoe's Untied," and the third is "Band Geeks."
- It is also the first to both begin and end with a song, thus bookending the episode.
- This is Vincent Waller's first episode credited as a creative director instead of a technical director.
- This, "Help Wanted," "Pickles," "Employee of the Month," and "One Krabs Trash" are the only five episodes to have SpongeBob's bed placed on the right side of his room and not the left.
- This was the first episode that Nate Cash and Tuck Tucker worked on as writers and storyboard directors.
- This is the second appearance of the nematodes, the first being "Home Sweet Pineapple."
- The "Best Day Ever" song was first released as the seventh track on The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie soundtrack and the last song that was played in the credits, even though The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was first released on November 19, 2004, and this episode aired on November 10, 2006, which shows that this episode started production two years before it's release.
- In "Jellyfishing," SpongeBob and Patrick arrange a "Best Day Ever" for Squidward. It seems different than the one seen in this episode.
- The two episodes were paired together during Best Buddies Week.
- While SpongeBob is playing his nose and starts getting tired as he walks up a hill, the tone of the sound is the same as the "Best Day Ever" song.
- On the Season 4 Volume 2, The Complete Fourth Season, and The Third & Fourth Seasons DVDs, there are bonus shorts (A Random Act of SpongeBob shorts) and a karaoke music video that are based on this episode.
- According to the episode's production code 151–507, this episode was produced during the beginning of the fifth season's production cycle. Reasons for why it was switched into the fourth season is unknown.
- The episode's title card background is similar to that of "Pizza Delivery."
- When SpongeBob tries to tune his voice, his underpants have a weird off-model outline.
- In the same scene, his left arm is disconnected from his side.
- When SpongeBob goes to the Krusty Krab, the Chum Bucket across the street is missing.
- When SpongeBob attempts to open the doors of the Krusty Krab, all of the restaurant is taped except for the door. After SpongeBob stops to listen to what Mr. Krabs is saying, a lock appears on the door.
- When Squidward is talking to SpongeBob about how he saved the concert day, Sandy's tail is white instead of brown.
- There's are two shots where Nancy (the dark teal fish with white hair and yellow dress) has a different mouth.
- During SpongeBob's musical play, the fake Krusty Krab shows letters that read "Krusty Krab" on the backdrop, but seconds later, it only reads "K.K."
- The outline of Patrick's net turns red for a split second when he breaks it.
- When SpongeBob starts walking in the middle of the road singing "The Best Day Ever," his pants are white.
- In the Welsh dub, Luke Brookshier, Tom King, and Steven Banks are all listed as writers of this episode, even though none of them wrote this episode. Brookshier and King are also erroneously listed as storyboard directors.
- Just a few seconds before SpongeBob stops playing his nose like a flute, his finger movements do not sync with the music.
- For some reason, Mrs. Puff is arriving at Squidward's concert just before it ends.
- During SpongeBob's daydream, when engaging in karate with Sandy in the treedome, SpongeBob is not wearing a water helmet, while Sandy is wearing her suit.
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-vxE-f4h7s
- ^ https://www.sbmania.net/forums/threads/spongebob-movie-and-best-day-ever-premiere-on-nick-uk-next-monday.21800/
- ^ https://www.sbmania.net/forums/threads/when-did-you-watch.16784/
- ^ http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k6/nov/nov171.htm
- ^ http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k6/nov/nov171.htm
- ^ http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k6/nov/nov171.htm
- ^ http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nickelodeon-gives-kids-their-best-spongebob-day-ever-with-a-24-hour-marathon-counting-down-viewer-favorites-followed-by-the-best-day-ever-special-and-the-network-premiere-of-the-spongebob-squarepants-movie-56640382.html
- ^ http://www.gettyimages.com/event/new-york-marathon-nickelodeon-spongebob-sponge-station-72371604
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhslQHr41AI
- ^ http://incoherent-thought.blogspot.com/2006/11/best-day-ever.html
- ^ https://youtu.be/LBktTgrlo34
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|