- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mr. Sun
- Gary the Snail
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Daydream Jellyfish
- Daydream Anchovy
- Daydream Charlie
- Daydream Clay
- Daydream Dave
- Daydream Fred
- Daydream Harv
- Daydream Henry-Bart
- Jimmy Gus
- Daydream Jimmy Gus
- Martha Smith
- Daydream Martha Smith
- Daydream Martin
- Nathiel Waters
- Daydream Nathiel Waters
- Daydream Nazz-Mimi
- Norma Rechid
- Daydream Norma
- Sheldon (fish)
- Daydream Sheldon
- Daydream Shubie
- Squidward Tentacles
- Daydream Tom
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Usher (debut)
- Mini SpongeBob
- Puppet usher (debut)
- Mrs. Puff
- Abigail Marge
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Nat Peterson
- Tina Fran
- Debbie Rechid
- Frank (red shirt)
- Frankie Billy
- Miss Shell
- Old Man Jenkins
The episode starts out with SpongeBob waking up and singing the song "Best Day Ever," and he describes to Gary what he plans to do on this day: do his "perfect" job at the Krusty Krab, practice karate with Sandy, go jellyfishing with Patrick using his new high-tech net, and at the end of the day attend Squidward's big clarinet recital. However, SpongeBob's "Best Day Ever" does not turn out as he plans. He goes to the Krusty Krab, only to find it condemned due to a severe nematode infestation. He then tells the nematodes to leave, but they eat his pants instead. SpongeBob begins playing the "Best Day Ever" song with his nose, causing the nematodes to follow him. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to keep playing and lead them as far away as possible, and he does so until they all fall asleep (including SpongeBob).
He then goes to Sandy's treedome for karate, but Sandy is busy trying to fix a leak in the roof of her treedome. SpongeBob thinks that this is a trap, and attacks her anyway. Sandy hits him and sends him flying up to the roof, and his glove sticks to it, sealing the leak. Afterward, SpongeBob heads over to Jellyfish Fields to go jellyfishing with Patrick, but Patrick explains that he has broken his net. SpongeBob gives him his old net to use, but he quickly breaks it as well. Finally, SpongeBob gives Patrick his brand-new net and sits there watching as Patrick has fun jellyfishing with it.
Finally, when SpongeBob goes to Squidward's clarinet recital but Squidward tells him that he cannot play in the concert because his clarinet reed is shot. SpongeBob pulls out one of his teeth to replace the reed, and angrily demands Squidward to put on the show, frustrated that the majority of his "Best Day Ever" is ruined. When SpongeBob tries to enter the concert, the doorman will not let him in because he does not have a ticket. He tries various methods of sneaking in but is caught every time. Eventually, the doorman realizes who SpongeBob is, and lets him in because he is on the VIP list. However, the concert ends just as SpongeBob gets into his seat, and that is where he finally loses it.
Reaching his breaking point, SpongeBob goes up on stage, rips the curtains and starts angrily whining to the audience about how his "Best Day Ever" was completely destroyed. However, his friends went up and reminded SpongeBob of how he helped them with their problems out of his kindness, and to make everything up to him, they hold a "very expensive" production in which SpongeBob performs his song, "Best Day Ever," to complete his real Best Day Ever with his friends by his side. After hours, SpongeBob is still singing, his friends are tired and sleepy, the audience has left the concert hall, and the janitor is sweeping the floor. Squidward asks, "How long do we have to keep this up?" and Mr. Krabs replies with "Just 'til his little heart gives out, Squidward. Just 'til his little heart gives out."
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• The Best Day Ever - Andy Paley, Tom Kenny [opening]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [Krusty Krab condemned]
‣ Drama Link (h) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs faints]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [nematodes eat SpongeBob's pants]
‣ Pied Piper Bob - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob playing nose as a flute]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Pied Piper Bob - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob leading nematodes away]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [nematodes fall asleep]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [adhesive karate gloves]
‣ Take That! (b) - Helene C.E. Muddiman [SpongeBob jumps out at Sandy]
‣ Exotic Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, just a little something I like to call karate!"]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [leak in Sandy's roof]
‣ Take That! (b) - Helene C.E. Muddiman ["Knock... it... off!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["It stopped?"]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield [karate glove stuck to Sandy's roof]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick jellyfishing]
‣ Fates [#62.02] - Gregor F. Narholz ["I broke my net!"]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob gives Patrick his old net]
‣ Fates [#62.02] - Gregor F. Narholz [Patrick breaks it]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Could I use this one?"]
‣ Steel Sting (p) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Actually, Patrick, that's my brand new net."]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick jellyfishing with SpongeBob's new net]
‣ ? steel guitar arrangement of "The Best Day Ever"
‣ Facing the Challenge - Gregor F. Narholz ["I won't let this one slip through my fingers."]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill [Squidward's clarinet reed is broken]
‣ Big Ed's March - Sam Spence [SpongeBob replaces it with one of his teeth/"Now get in there and give me a concert to remember."]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [SpongeBob doesn't have a ticket]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [marionettes]
‣ ? [SpongeBob sneaks into the theater]
‣ Slinky Panther Pants - Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff arrives]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Wait a minute."]
‣ ? marching band arrangement of "The Best Day Ever"
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Romantic Ending [#32] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["This was supposed to be my perfect day."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["No, it's not okay!"]
‣ ? Banjo arrangement of "The Best Day Ever"
‣ You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob thinks for a second]
• The Best Day Ever - Andy Paley, Tom Kenny [ending]
- This episode is available on the Season 4 Volume 2, Complete Fourth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of June 10, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.0/10 based on 326 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 6.2/10 based on 297 votes.
- This episode is number 11 in Tom Kenny's Top 20 on iTunes. His description says:
- "I dare you to have a lousy day while singing that song! Pure pop bubblegum!"
- The "SpongeBob Best Day Ever" online game, which went live on November 9, generated 1.3 million gameplay sessions and more than 867,000 unique visitors in three days. The full-length music video for "Best Day Ever" generated more than 1.4 million streams, with 471,000 unique visitors, making it the No. 2 video on TurboNick from November 6 to 12. During the same time period, "Best Day Ever"'s promotion video on TurboNick had 370,000 streams and was ranked within the top 10 videos of the broadband channel.
- Slinky Panther Pants is also used in the Adventure Time episode, Mystery Train, but higher pitched.
- A marathon event broadcast on Nickelodeon would include the episode premiere, along with the top 100 SpongeBob episodes voted by fans.
- Also, prior the premiere of the episode, Best Buy stores across the United States would introduce a "Best Day Ever"-themed Best Buy gift card that doubles as a DVD-ROM packed with music videos, video game previews and more. Additional designs of the cards can be found here. In addition, "Best Day Ever"-themed activities would be held at the Nickelodeon Family Suites Hotel by Holiday Inn including a themed party called the Bikini Bottom Bash. Throughout the month of November, the hotel released a "Best Day Ever" package to its guests starting at $369.
- This episode aired in the United States before Germany, when several other season 4 episodes aired in Germany first.
- This is the first episode to begin with a song.
- This episode, "Help Wanted," "Pickles," and "Employee of the Month" are the only four to have SpongeBob's bed placed on the right side of his room and not the left.
- This was the first episode that Nate Cash and Tuck Tucker worked on as writers and storyboard directors.
- This is the fourth episode to end with a song. The first is "Help Wanted," the second is "Your Shoe's Untied," and the third is "Band Geeks."
- This is the second appearance of the nematodes, the first being "Home Sweet Pineapple."
- The "Best Day Ever" song was first released as the seventh track on The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie soundtrack and the last song that was played in the credits.
- In "Jellyfishing," SpongeBob and Patrick arrange a "Best Day Ever" for Squidward. It seems different than the one seen in this episode.
- This "Best Day Ever" is mentioned in one of the gift cards.
- While SpongeBob is playing his nose and starts getting tired as he walks up a hill, the tone of the sound is the same as the "Best Day Ever" song.
- This episode marked the end of the lowercase/uppercase captioning. All captions in this episode are in uppercase, including those in brackets. The first season and the first episode of the second season (including "Something Smells" and "Bossy Boots") used all-Uppercase captioning, except for text in explanation brackets.
- On the Season 4 Volume 2 and The Complete Fourth Season DVDs, there are bonus shorts (A Random Act of SpongeBob shorts) and a karaoke music video that are based on this episode.
- This episode was number 4 in SpongeBob's Top 100.
- Along with "The Gift of Gum," this episode did not air in the Netherlands until May 9, 2010, although, the rest of season 4 had already aired in the Netherlands back in 2006.
- This episode premiered in the Netherlands on Rosario Dawson's 31st birthday.
- According to the episode's production code 151-507, this episode was produced during the beginning of the fifth season's production cycle. Reasons for why it was switched into the fourth season is unknown.
- The "Adult 420 Adult" is a reference to the production number of the episode.
- When SpongeBob tries to tune his voice, his underpants have a weird off-model outline.
- SpongeBob's special net is called the Deluxe Jellyfish-Slayer Composite Pro. But in past episodes, it is called the Ol' Reliable.
- In this episode, when SpongeBob goes to Krusty Krab, there is no Chum Bucket across the street.
- After the first musical at the beginning of the episode, nematodes carved a skull on the Krusty Krab, but seconds later, while SpongeBob is playing a flute on his nose, the standard Krusty Krab flags are back.
- When SpongeBob attempts to open the doors of the Krusty Krab, all of the restaurant is taped except for the door. After SpongeBob stops to listen to what Mr. Krabs is saying, a lock appears on the door.
- SpongeBob's pants are eaten by the nematodes, but as soon as he gets away from them, they are suddenly back on for the entire rest of the episode. However it's possible he went back home to change before making his way over to Sandy's.
- SpongeBob pulls out his left buck tooth to help Squidward, but when he pushes Squidward into the concert, he has both buck teeth again.
- Several seconds elapse between SpongeBob being carried to his seat to when he finally sits down. As soon as he sits, the concert is over and the audience applauds. During that time, the clarinet is not heard, meaning there was a long period of silence on stage until the concert ended.
- When Squidward is talking to SpongeBob about how he saved the concert day, Sandy's tail is white instead of brown.
- During SpongeBob's musical play, the fake Krusty Krab shows letters that read "Krusty Krab" on the backdrop, but seconds later, it only reads "KK."
- During the musical number at the end, when SpongeBob sings "It's the best day ever!" the third time, if one looks closely, they can see Sandy, Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and Patrick mouthing it even though their voices are not heard.
- When Sandy compliments SpongeBob for saving the tree dome, the closed captions incorrectly state it as "The tree den."
- The outline of Patrick's net turns red for a split second when he breaks it.
- On the Season 4 Volume 2 and The Complete Fourth Season DVDs, the episode selection for this episode contains a screenshot from Mid-Life Crustacean.
- SpongeBob's festivities getting ruined.
- ^ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0893234/?ref_=tt_ep_nx
- ^ http://www.tv.com/shows/spongebob-squarepants/best-day-ever-the-gift-of-gum-875678/
- ^ http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k6/nov/nov171.htm
- ^ http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nickelodeon-gives-kids-their-best-spongebob-day-ever-with-a-24-hour-marathon-counting-down-viewer-favorites-followed-by-the-best-day-ever-special-and-the-network-premiere-of-the-spongebob-squarepants-movie-56640382.html
- ^ http://www.gettyimages.com/event/new-york-marathon-nickelodeon-spongebob-sponge-station-72371604
- ^ http://incoherent-thought.blogspot.com/2006/11/best-day-ever.html
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|