- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Miss Gristlepuss (debut)
- Miss Gristlepuss' sisters (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 22 (pink)
- Mortician (mentioned)
- Al Priss (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Nat Peterson
- Incidental 48
- Jimmy Gus
- Incidental 68
- Old Man Jenkins
- Incidental 12
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 106
- Gary the Snail
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 63
- Norma Rechid
- Frank (red shirt)
- Shelley (cameo in photo)
- SWAT team
SynopsisThe episode begins with SpongeBob singing about Krabby Patties in the kitchen. He inflates himself, and, while deflating, sings very loudly, which knocks over Squidward and a cup pyramid he made. Soon after, a tour bus full of old ladies pulls up to the Krusty Krab. An elderly woman named Miss Gristlepuss enters the Krusty Krab with her accomplices, and, being unhappy with what they see, they ban Krabby Patties.
Mr. Krabs causes the Krusty Krab to be closed by threatening Miss Gristlepuss with a french fry strainer and insulting her by calling her a disgusting old prune, not knowing her husband, Al, is the police chief. Meanwhile, Plankton at first thinks Mr. Krabs has changed the name to "The Closed Krab," but soon figures out he can take advantage of the moment and goes out to celebrate. Plankton soon discovers in surprise that the Krusty Krab has secretly been reopened at SpongeBob's house. Patrick, serving as a guard, asks Plankton for the password to enter, to which Plankton responds with a series of threats. Surprisingly enough, these threats constitute the password and Plankton is allowed in.
While Mr. Krabs scans to make sure the area is clear of police officers, he goes to check on SpongeBob, who is afraid of getting arrested for making an illegal product. Mr. Krabs forces him to work, threatening to make him take weekends off. Plankton discovers Mr. Krabs is doing his regular business "under the table" and calls the cops. In the blink of an eye, they arrive to clean up the Krabby Patties and arrest the employees.
However, Miss Gristlepuss trips and a Krabby Patty drops into her mouth, instating her love for the burger and apologizing to the Krusty Crew. She decides not to send SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs to jail and unbans Krabby Patties, also deciding to reopen the Krusty Krab.
Once again, Plankton's plan has failed; he hides inside one of the Krabby Patties, only to be eaten by Miss Gristlepuss.
The Viking hat that Mr. Krabs wears when he greets T.U.O.O.F.A.T.T.A.F.A.D. was originally going to have a joke surrounding it. It would have been something to do with whom Mr. Krabs expected to be on the bus.
Andrea Martin's line were either recorded through the phone or in New York and was sent to Nickelodeon Animation Studio. The commentary this information comes from is not very clear on which it was.
Al Priss' design was based off casting director, Maryanne Dacey's late brother-in-law, whom was also a cop. It is implied that he died sometime before this episode premiered.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Unknown Track 97 - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sighs]
◦ I Love Krabby Patties - Aaron Springer, Eban Schletter [SpongeBob sings]
‣ One Over the Eight - Len Stevens [A bus full of old ladies arrives]
‣ Unknown Track 98 - rimshot
• Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston [Mr. Krabs yells at Squidward]
‣ Lonely Heart's Club (a) - David Bell, Otto Sieben ["Mr. Krabs, you seem to know the basic rules of behaving like a civilized bottom feeder."]
◦ I Love Krabby Patties - Aaron Springer, Eban Schletter [SpongeBob sings again]
‣ Editor's Falling Over (g) - Dick Walter [SpongeBob falls to the floor]
‣ Lonely Heart's Club (a) - David Bell, Otto Sieben ["Look at this wild hooligan!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["She closed us down!"]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Thanks again, Al."]
‣ Country Romp [#24] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Mmm, I'm starving."]
‣ Botany Bay (b) - Robert Alexander White [Mr. Krabs sadly tugs on the lock]
• Idea Sting - Nicolas Carr ["That's it! A secret Krusty Krab!"]
• Transition Sting - Nicolas Carr [The Krusty Krab secretly reopens at SpongeBob's house]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["There you are, Betsy, good as new."]
‣ Hercule Poirot - Gerhard Trede ["Happy day, Karen!"]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben [Customers are waiting in line to get a Krabby Patty]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players [Inside the Secret Krusty Krab]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob?"]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [SpongeBob is under the table]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton calls the cops]
‣ Police Car - Sam Spence [The cops arrive]
‣ West Side Rumble - Sam Spence [The SWAT team enters]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are arrested]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney ["Al, what are you doing?!"]
‣ On Fire - Gregor F. Narholz ["Miss Gristlepuss, look out!"]
◦ I Love Krabby Patties - Aaron Springer, Eban Schletter [Miss Gristlepuss sings]
‣ Legends of the Silver Screen - Cedric King-Palmer ["I... I feel reborn!"]
• Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's WhoBob WhatPants?, Season 5 Volume 2, First 100 Episodes, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Holidays with SpongeBob 3-DVD Gift Set, Really Big Box Set, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Favorite Episodes Volume 2, Triple Pack 1, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 8, Complete Fifth Season, From the Beginning, Pt.2, Absorbingly SpongeBob, Big Hits: Volume 1, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode's production number marks this and its sister the 100th episode in the series.
- In the beginning, SpongeBob mentions how he sang the song 90 times. By the end, he sang the song 92 times.
- In this episode, the soda machine is on the right side of the Krusty Krab, while usually it is on the left with the condiments.
- In reality, Miss Gristlepuss has no power of closing down the Krusty Krab and banning Krabby Patties just for the reason of it being "fun and delicious," even if her husband is the chief of police. They must have a better reason, like it being poisonous would be a reason for it getting banned, but if the previous is true, and the Krusty Krab is still closed down, they can be arrested for false accusations.
- The police cannot make a food illegal, as the police only enforce the law. It is the government that makes the laws. Even then it would take some time to get it passed (if it is even passed). While here, it only took one day to pass.
- SpongeBob has a watch when Mr. Krabs is standing outside of the Krusty Krab, saying that Krabs was standing there for four days.
- Mr. Krabs calls the Krusty Krab cash register "Betsy" in this episode, but in "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One," "Sponge-Cano!," and "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom," he calls it "Cashy."
- The Galley Grub menu is not seen in the Secret Krusty Krab.
- Patrick saying, "What's the password?" and the cops breaking into SpongeBob's house have become popular internet memes.
- At the very end, "The End" card background looks similar to the title card for "Sandy's Nutmare."
- This is the first instance where the Krusty Krab moves to SpongeBob's house. The second instance is SpongeBob's Place in the episode of the same name.
- This is the second episode in which Squidward is called "Squidwart." The first is "SquidBob TentaclePants."
- This is the second episode to end with Plankton being eaten. The first is "F.U.N."
- This is the third episode to have a "The End" card. The first two are "I Had an Accident" and "Wishing You Well" respectively.
- To date, this is the only episode to use "Skipping to School" as title card music.
- The Watusi was a solo dance from the early 1960s popular in the United States.
- Al Priss strongly resembles Duke Nukem.
- The scene where Plankton has to guess the password is based on a gag done by the Marx Brothers where they would make someone guess the password, which was "Swordfish."
- The scene where Squidward says, "Do you want to 'Secret Size' that for two dollars more?" is a parody of McDonald's and their former policy of allowing their customers to "Super Size" their meal for more money.
- The episode is heavily based on the Prohibition era in American History, which was a time when alcohol was illegal in America. The references are:
- When SpongeBob first starts singing, there are four patties on the grill. Later, there are eight.
- When SpongeBob inflates himself, his belt breaks. After he deflates back to normal moments later, his belt is intact as if nothing ever happened.
- Towards the end of SpongeBob's self-inflation, the two spatulas he was gripping disappear.
- When Mr. Krabs greets Miss Gristlepuss, his belt is missing. In the next shot, he is wearing his belt.
- When Mr. Krabs greets Miss Gristlepuss, the Krusty Krab door handles are blue instead of yellow.
- When everyone is standing by the cash register boat, they are larger than normal, being bigger than the boat and the "Galley Grub" sign.
- When Mr. Krabs goes to the cash register to Squidward for joking at Miss Gristlepuss and her sisters, he is standing behind the boat and his body is overlapping the cash register part.
- Miss Gristlepuss blows her whistle and lets go, the black lanyard and whistle ends at her chest. But when the next scene cuts, her whistle is connected to the thread of her shirt without the black lanyard.
- When Mr. Krabs screams, "I'm ruined!," his eyelashes are gone.
- If one were selling an illegal product in secret, it would be a dead giveaway with a banner at the location in plain view.
- When Plankton looks out his window to see the Krusty Krab, the road following to the Chum Bucket doors are not there.
- Squidward's house is not shown when the police arrive at SpongeBob's house.
- When the Secret Krusty Krab is found by cops, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are handcuffed, but when Miss Gristlepuss accidentally falls down and eats a Krabby Patty, they are not handcuffed. Later, Mr. Krabs appears handcuffed again.
- The Krabby Patty Plankton is seen hiding under has no seeds, unlike the other Krabby Patties.
- Even though she calls herself Miss Gristlepuss, she should be called Mrs. Gristlepuss because she is married.
- In the end credits, Miss Gristlepuss is mistakenly called "Miss Priss."
- However, this is semi-correct as "Priss" is her husband's surname.