In the beginning, SpongeBob starts blowing up balloons. He blows up so many that his lungs become exhaled on the floor. He figures he could ask his friends for help to blow up the balloons.
First, he tries asking Patrick, who is slow at blowing them. Next, he tries asking Sandy, but she cannot blow them because of her air helmet. After that, SpongeBob asks Gary if he can help blow up the balloons. However, Gary is scared of this and dashes away.
Finally, he calls Squidward on the phone. Squidward becomes angry at SpongeBob for calling him, but SpongeBob thinks he was helping him blow them by putting the balloon on the phone and having it blow by itself.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob blowing up balloons]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm, maybe I could use some help blowing up these balloons."]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Rest of short]
- This short is available on the Season 6 Volume 1, Complete Sixth Season, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, Pilot a Mini-Movie and the Square Shorts, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This is the only short to use the track "Slide Whistle Stooges."
- While SpongeBob is talking with his lungs outside of his mouth, whenever he closes his mouth the lungs appear to be attached to his bottom lip.
- When SpongeBob tries to blow a balloon with Sandy, part of the line art of her eyes is missing.