- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star (cameo)
- Gary the Snail
- French narrator
- Incidental 73 (band member)
- Incidental 41 (band member)
- Incidental 63 (band member)
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 105 (normal; gray body)
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 154
- Squidward's scallop (debut)
On a fine day at the Krusty Krab, Patrick is behind the restaurant climbing out of a dumpster eating a leftover Krabby Patty. The camera then pans over to SpongeBob, showing him reading The Krusty Krab Work Schedule, much to Squidward's chagrin. Squidward picks up the book SpongeBob was reading and questions on what's so great about it. SpongeBob then claims that the book has a list of "his happiest memories." Squidward takes the book and "accidentally" drops it on the grill. However, SpongeBob has multiple copies of the book in a cabinet, and he proceeds to get another one. SpongeBob then asks Squidward if he has the happiest memory, in which he says, "No." Feeling concerned, SpongeBob tries to ask Squidward if he can help make the happiest memory for him, which he accepts.
First, SpongeBob takes Squidward to a concert; that did not go well, however, since the violin player accidentally shot Squidward in the eye with the violin bow. Then, both of them head to the Bikini Bottom Museum where one of Squidward's masterpieces is in the museum and is being is praised by critics. Squidward is happy until a famous art critic named Fiasco burns his artwork with a flamethrower. In addition, after that, SpongeBob takes Squidward on a hot air balloon ride. That doesn't go well, since Squidward is afraid of heights, so SpongeBob tries to get Squidward down by popping the balloon and both of them land on a mountain which is actually Mount Bikini, ruining Harold's chance to be the first one on the mountain. Then, SpongeBob, Squidward, and Harold slide off the mountain due to an avalanche. When SpongeBob and Squidward slide back to their homes, Squidward insists that he will never have a happiest memory.
Two weeks later, Squidward is left in his house doing nothing but being unhappy. SpongeBob then becomes even more concerned for Squidward and tries to get a hold of him, but to no avail. First, he and Gary go up to Squidward's window, but Squidward closes the curtains. SpongeBob suddenly falls off Gary along with Gary's shell, and SpongeBob gets stuck in the shell and breaks it when he crashes into Squidward's house. Second, he tries calling Squidward to cheer him up, but Squidward throws his phone into SpongeBob's house. Gary gives it to SpongeBob (while he is still holding his phone) and SpongeBob yells through the phone, making his ears hurt and breaking both phones. Then he comes out of Squidward's fax machine, but Squidward shreds him to pieces with his paper shredder and dumps him out the window, where Gary puts him back together.
Finally, he traps Squidward in a box and takes him to the Krusty Krab, where he reveals that he created a party to try and cheer Squidward up. Unfortunately, SpongeBob failed to get anyone else to come, because they were either busy or sick, so instead, he made 100 paper-mâché life-sized models of himself. Squidward hates seeing more than one sculpture of SpongeBob in one place, so he goes berserk, destroying all the paper-mâché sculptures, and claims it to be his "happiest memory."
This section is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's manual of style. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by making this section specific and short.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Unholy Makarel - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening at Krusty Krab]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (p) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I guess I don't have a happiest memory."]
• Sad Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["How can you live without a happiest memory?"]
• Salt Water Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward cries]
‣ Sponge Diver String Quartet - Nicolas Carr [string concert]
‣ The Museum Incident - Nicolas Carr [museum]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["This is my sculpture!"]
• Harpsichord Classical Bits - Barry Anthony ["Ooh, you're just in time!"]
‣ Rainbow Delights - Magnum Opus ["Gosh, I can't believe it!"]
‣ Cristallisation - Vladimir Cosma [Squidward's sculpture is burned]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Squidward leave the museum]
‣ Fancytale - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Squidward in a hot air balloon]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Squidward's afraid of heights]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob pops the balloon]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Son of a seahorse!"]
‣ Missile Disaster - John Fox ["We're the first to reach the top of Mount Bikini!"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob plants the flag in Squidward's foot]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [avalanche]
• Blue Tide - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward arrives home, depressed]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green [two weeks later...]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["At least he's still alive."]
‣ Horror Crash - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob falls]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield [Gary's shell breaks]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob calls Squidward]
• Steel Licks 15 - Jeremy Wakefield [burnt brownies]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob emerges from Squidward's fax machine]
‣ Tabu - Daryl Neil Griffith ["I can't seem to get happy."]
‣ Small Birds - Phil Green [pet scallop]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Nope, I guess not."]
‣ What's This Sting - Nicolas Carr [empty box]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob emerges from the box]
‣ Ta-Ra (c) - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [party at Krusty Krab]
‣ Proud Fanfare - David Farnon [party at Krusty Krab]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (p) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You don't seem to understand."]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I...don't...want...a...happiest memory!"]
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Complete Eighth Season, Glove World Forever!, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This episode is the first episode in the series to contain the 2013 100th Anniversary Paramount logo.
- This episode premiered on the same day as the 2012 Kids' Choice Awards.
- This is the seventh episode (along with the sister episode "Planet of the Jellyfish") to premiere on the same day as the Kids' Choice Awards. The first was "Help Wanted"/"Reef Blower"/"Tea at the Treedome" in 1999, the second was "Krabby Land"/"The Camping Episode" in 2004, the third was "Krusty Towers"/"Mrs. Puff, You're Fired" in 2006, the fourth was "Born to Be Wild"/"Best Frenemies" in 2007, the fifth was "Nautical Novice"/"Spongicus" in 2008, and the sixth was "Sentimental Sponge" in 2011.
- The smiley faces on the title card all have the same noses as Squidward.
- This episode marks the second appearance of Fiasco, the first being "Fiasco!," which is actually the previous episode in production order.
- This and its sister episode "Planet of the Jellyfish" both show Squidward having a mail slot on his door.
- This is the second episode where the mail carrier gets Squidward's name wrong. The first is "The Great Snail Race."
- This is the second episode where a skull and crossbones appear in a character's eyes. The first is "Prehibernation Week."
- Squidward is revealed to own a pet scallop.
- This episode reveals that Squidward is afraid of heights, but in "No Hat for Pat," Squidward is not afraid when he is on the diving board with Patrick.
- This episode's working title was "Squidward's Happiest Memory."
- In Bahasa Indonesian version, The part were Squidward getting hit by a violin bow in the eye was cut due to considered as violent scene.
- Also the scene where Squidward goes to the bed as well as SpongeBob's first attempt to reach Squidward were immediately skipped to SpongeBob calling Squidward by the phone due to time constraints.
- When Squidward climbs the walls during his rampage, it is a reference to the Wacky Wall Walker, a toy that is thrown against walls, sticks to them, and looks like it is crawling down as it falls. The toy is designed to look like an octopus.
- Squidward drops the work schedule book on the grill and it burns immediately, but nothing happens to it when it is lying on the grill while SpongeBob is reading it.
- When viewed from the window, SpongeBob turns the page to the left side with his left hand, in the following frames to the right side with his right hand.