- Incidental 2
- Incidental 40 (cameo)
- Incidental 68
- Orange customer (debut)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Incidental 12
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- SpongeBob's spatula
- One of the Pirates
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 8
- Officer Slugfish
- Incidental 118
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 151
- Patrick Star
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 46
- Dr. Actor
- Le Spatula (debut)
- Gary the Snail
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 93
- Incidental 37B
During an intense day at the Krusty Krab, a customer orders a Monster Krabby Patty and SpongeBob tries to make it flip. As a result, his beloved spatula, Spat breaks in half which causes SpongeBob to start crying like crazy. With his favorite kitchen implement out of commission, SpongeBob searches for a temporary replacement. SpongeBob finds "Le Spatula," the latest in a state-of-the-art cooking tool. The sleek and modern Le Spatula dazzles SpongeBob so completely that he will do anything to own one.After selling everything, including his clothing, a nude SpongeBob attains Le Spatula from the man from the store. He shows him off to Mr. Krabs, and, later, before he flips a patty, he refuses and comes to life. He says Krabby Patties are disgusting, and that he will only cook fancy food. He then suddenly grows robotic legs and runs off. Mr. Krabs confronts SpongeBob and encourages him to go get Spat back. SpongeBob runs off to the hospital, where old Spat lays. He suddenly runs out of life as SpongeBob watches, and SpongeBob cries in agony. Then the doctor appears, and, after some conversation, he tells SpongeBob that it is a different spatula, and that Spat is in the infirmary. SpongeBob runs over to Spat, but Spat turns away from SpongeBob, making SpongeBob burst into tears.
SpongeBob apologizes for buying Le Spatula, claiming it was his moment of weakness and he needed a replacement, but Spat ignores him. SpongeBob rolls in a fit of tears as he goes back to the Krusty Krab. He cries in the kitchen, but suddenly, he hears patties flipping and sees Spat flipping Krabby Patties on the grill, and he cries in joy. Apparently, he forgave him. Suddenly, another Monster Krabby Patty is ordered. The two try to hopefully succeed in flipping it. Suddenly, SpongeBob's arms break off. He ends up laughing, ending the episode.
According to the storyboard, after Mr. Krabs said "Go before I lose all me customers," he would cry a tear drop saying, "Me money," then Squidward would ask "What happened?" and Mr. Krabs replies back "I don't know."
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [customer orders a Monster Krabby Patty]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece A - Gregor Narholz ["Did you say a Monster Krabby Patty?!"]
‣ Facing the Challenge - Gregor Narholz ["We can do this!"]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [SpongeBob cries in panic as his spatula broken into half]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [spatula taken to hospital]
‣ The Shower 60 - Gregor Narholz ["What?!"]
• Steel Licks 18 - Jeremy Wakefield ["There is only one spatula for me, that is Spat."]
• Funeral Parlor Music - Nicolas Carr [at the hospital]
• Sixty's Happy Times - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [montage of SpongeBob and Spat together]
‣ Inferno - Fredric Bayco [sword fight]
‣ Fates [#61.03] - Gregor Narholz ["There's no easy way to say this."]
‣ Kamakani (b) - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob leaves the hospital]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, look at that!"]
‣ Fanfare for a King - Sam Fonteyn [Le Spatula introduced/"Maybe I do need this."]
‣ Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob reaches toward it]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["No touchy-touchy the Le Spatula."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Nice outfit."]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob going to work naked]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh!"]
‣ Heraldic Overture - Sam Fonteyn ["Le Spatuler... what in blazes is that?"]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [choir]
‣ Spanish Ladies (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock ["Ooh, that sounds exciting."]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, it's okay, no need to be shy."]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [customer orders a Krabby Patty]
‣ Lighting the Fuse (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [Le Spatula refuses to flip the patty]
‣ Lighting the Fuse (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [Le Spatula refuses to flip the patty]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["I am designed for the utmost in culinary cuisine."]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland ["Friends with you? Ha!"]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Le Spatula leaves]
‣ Whisper from the Past - Gregor Narholz ["I had a spatula once... a real spatula."]
‣ Romantic Ending [#31] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob goes back to the hospital]
‣ Funeral Music - Alfred Kluten ["Spatula? It can't be true!"/SpongeBob continues crying]
• Swell Idea - Nicolas Carr ["Your buddy's all patched up in the infirmary."]
‣ Stack of Leis - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob crying]
‣ The Legend Spreads - Steve London [SpongeBob and Spat reunite]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["One Monster Krabby Patty."]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players [ending]
- "All That Glitters" was ranked #12 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- This episode is available on the Whale of a Birthday, Season 4 Volume 2, Complete Fourth Season, Triple Pack 1, Big Hits: Volume 1, The Third & Fourth Seasons, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This is one of the many episodes to have an animated title card. It is also the first title card to use 3-D font lettering. Coincidentally, the previous episode, "Karate Island," also had an animated title card.
- The ping pong table appears on the episode selection pages on the first disc of the Season 4 Volume 2 DVD set and the third disc of The Complete Fourth Season DVD set.
- Fred, who sells the spatula, is dressed the same way when he offered Mr. Krabs $1,000,000 for the soda drink hat in "One Krabs Trash."
- In French, this episode is titled "Spat..."
- On the French title card, there is a lens flare effect added.
- The French title card also appears to recycle text from the original title card as it appears the "P" is the R from the original title card with the slanted leg removed.
- SpongeBob mentions the episode name when he says "All that glitters is not gold."
- When SpongeBob appears on the screen saying, "All that glitters, is not gold," he is referencing a quote to J. R. R. Tolkien's All that is gold does not glitter poem.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|