Al Priss is the chief of the Bikini Bottom Police Department and Miss Gristlepuss' husband. He appears in the episodes "Banned in Bikini Bottom" and "Dirty Bubble Returns." He is also the brother-in-law of Miss Gristlepuss' sisters.
He is a muscular, lavender fish with blond hair and a small mustache. He wears black sunglasses and is always seen in his uniform, which is blue with a matching hat. His police suit consists of a black belt, black boots, and a baton.
Al always seems to be in good spirits. He is loyal to his wife as he closed down the Krusty Krab both for her request and Mr. Krabs threatening her.
Although cheerful to his wife, he can be shown to be ignorant, as he does not recognize his wife's hatred to Krabby Patties. In segments of the episode, he is shown to be hungry occasionally.
Role in series
He is commanded by his wife to close down the Krusty Krab, as she opposes "fun and delicious" foods.
Mr. Krabs opens a secret Krusty Krab at SpongeBob's house, but he is not entirely secure from the law. Miss Gristlepuss uncovers it with Plankton's help and brings the SWAT Team to purge it of Krabby Patties and arrest Mr. Krabs.
However, due to the chief's liking of Krabby Patties, Miss Gristlepuss is angered, but when she trips over a Krabby Patty and it drops into her mouth, she has a change in heart.
After the Dirty Bubble is arrested Al is seen standing to the left of Officer Rob Johnson. At the end when the Dirty Bubble is re-arrested. Al is seen with the rest of the police.
Police work in "Banned in Bikini Bottom"
- Arresting SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs
- Closure of the Krusty Krab
- Prohibition of Krabby Patties
- He strongly resembles Duke Nukem.
- Al Priss' design was based on the casting director, Maryanne Dacey's late brother-in-law, who was also a cop. It is implied that he died sometime before the episode "Banned in Bikini Bottom" premiered.
- Despite being Miss Gristlepuss' husband, he appears to be somewhat younger than his wife.
- His appearance is similar to Captain Frostymug from "License to Milkshake."
- The police cannot make a food illegal, as the police only enforce the law. It is the government that makes the laws. Even then it would take some time to get it passed.