- Eugene H. Krabs
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Frankie Billy
- Harry (fish)
- Monroe Timmy
- Nathiel Waters
- Norma Rechid
- Old Man Jenkins
- Tina Fran
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Nat Peterson
- Billy (lime fish)
- Martha Smith
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Abigail Marge
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Ivy (gray)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- OWS Inspector Guy (debut)
At the Krusty Krab, the customers start to form a big riot because Squidward is not at his post, so Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob where he is. SpongeBob says that he is in the storage room doing something that requires "complete privacy."
Then, they hear a thud coming from the storage room, and they find Squidward, who has twisted his ankle, in a pile of buns lying on the floor. After Squidward explains that the shelf the buns were on collapsed and hit him, Mr. Krabs realizes that it means he has to pay a fine to OWS. He begs Squidward not to call them and says he'll do anything he asks. Squidward then sees it as an opportunity to blackmail Mr. Krabs. First, Mr. Krabs fluffs a pillow for him and takes over for him.
Meanwhile, at the request of Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob and Patrick secretly investigate the accident to find out if Squidward is hiding something or pretending he is injured, but they cannot figure anything out. Meanwhile, Squidward is seen sunbathing on the roof while Mr. Krabs brings him tea. Then, he is forced to massage Squidward's ankle with fry grease. But when a customer orders something, he cooks a patty with his greasy hands and gets the customer sick. And when he is forced to pop Squidward's back barnacles, the customers leave.
Then, an agent from the OWS comes to the Krusty Krab to investigate, where it is revealed that SpongeBob called him. Squidward then lies about how he was hurt, saying that he saw ten seeds on the bun of a customer's Krabby Patty instead of eleven seeds, causing him to snatch it and try to replace it with a new one. When he was about to get one, the shelf broke and hit him in the head. The OWS Agent is about to fine Mr. Krabs $1.00, but Mr. Krabs suddenly remembers that he installed a surveillance camera in the storage room (which he really swiped from the airport, suspiciously saying that he "borrowed" it), much to Squidward's shock.
When everyone watches the video, it is revealed that Squidward was actually sleeping on the shelf, weighed it down, and caused the chain to snap, but was not hurt in the process. Mr. Krabs becomes angry with Squidward for pretending to be injured the whole time and sleeping on the job, and decides to get payback by treating Squidward the way he treated him.
The episode ends with Squidward being forced to pop Mr. Krabs' back barnacles as punishment, much to his disgust.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Searise in Clamhattan - Jason Dobrowner [Title card]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["Where's me cashier?!"]
‣ Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob! Where in Poseidon's pantyhoes is that sorry excuse for a cashier?!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney [Squidward emerges from pile of buns]
‣ Fates - Gregor F. Narholz [Krabs cries]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't worry, papa's here."]
‣ Crazy Mind - Harry Lubin ["Injured? On the job?"]
‣ Visiting Royalty - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["It's all right here, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob reads safety guidelines]
‣ Credit Card Heaven - Nicolas Carr ["First aid?"]
‣ Cinema Screen 3 - Brian Fahey ["Fear not, injured coworker, for I am certified."]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green [Squidward yells into SpongeBob's stethoscope]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's voice echoes]
‣ Declamatory Chords - Alan Braden [Krabs screams]
• Steel Licks 33 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Please don't report me to the OWS. I'll do anything. Anything at all ya ask."]
‣ Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs taking care of Squidward]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, of course."]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs screams]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Don't worry about that."]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs asks SpongeBob to investigate]
‣ Nautical Hijinx - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Okay, you stand here."]
‣ Cocktail Time Quartet - Pat Irwin [Squidward relaxing on the roof]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs eats the phone]
• Steel Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'll go get the massage oil now."]
‣ Hawaiian Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs takes bucket of fry grease]
• Sneaky Buns - Nicolas Carr ["This just isn't adding up."]
‣ The Power Within - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs massaging Squidward with fry grease]
‣ Clumsy A - Bernd Gesell ["Hello? Anybody here?"]
‣ The Power Within - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["How long do I have to keep this up?"]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Back barnacles]
‣ Hawaiian Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs popping Squidward's back barnacles/Customers leave the Krusty Krab]
‣ Silly Bob Conversation - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [OWS inspector appears]
‣ Beautiful Moonlit Night - George Wilson ["I can re-live the whole tragic episode, if I must."]
• Happy Crusty Crew - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward cleaning the cash register]
‣ Heroes to the Rescue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I wasn't about to stand idly by and allow a customer go without all his guaranteed nutrients and vitamins."]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [Shelf collapses]
‣ Desperate Situation - Phil Green [Squidward crying for help]
‣ Beautiful Moonlit Night - George Wilson ["The worst part, though, is...is that I didn't get that kind gentleman his new bun."]
‣ Bumbling B - Bernd Gesell ["As you know, certain penalties are involved."]
‣ ? [Drum roll]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs cries]
‣ What's This Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phil Green [Krabs sees a surveillance camera]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green [Video of what really happened]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["You... faker!"]
‣ The Power Within - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs lying on a table]
‣ Rasping Brass - Harry Bluestone [Back barnacles]
‣ Hawaiian Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off, Disorder in the Deep, Complete Eighth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- The title card is similar to that of "Nature Pants" and "Banned in Bikini Bottom," except it is blue and has flowers on it.
- Mr. Krabs explains suspiciously that he "borrowed" the surveillance cameras, making this a reference to the episode "Life of Crime."
- This is the first season 8 episode in production order.
- It is revealed that there is an OWS poster hidden in the Krusty Krab stockroom.
- It is revealed that Mr. Krabs has a security camera in the bun storage.
- When the customers leave out of disgust by Squidward's back barnacles, someone can be heard saying "Is that the secret ingredient?," and another one saying "Hold the special sauce, man."
- Mr. Krabs says, "What in Neptune's knickers?" but "knickers" means "panties" in the UK and other countries part of the Commonwealth, including Canada.
- Patrick makes a reference to "Frankendoodle" by saying "Finland" in pain.
- This episode premiered on Lori Alan's 45th birthday, five years after the Karate Island DVD was released, and two years after "Chum Caverns" premiered.
- This episode premiered in Canada on John Lurie's 59th birthday.
- At the beginning when the lifeguard fish yells, "Where's the dude in the boat?," Mr. Krabs' eyelashes look different.
- In Squidward's story, he said he laid there in pain for 6 hours when actually SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs went to check on him immediately when the noise was heard. Although he was probably just exaggerating to gain sympathy from the OWS agent.
- In the first few minutes of the episode, Squidward's ankle does look like it was twisted and hurt, but after the scene on the roof, it looks better again for the rest of the episode. It might have been that Squidward did not lie about the twisted ankle, but lied when saying it is going to take a while to heal.
- When Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob where Squidward is, SpongeBob is seen holding his spatula, but when it zooms in, he is not holding anything.
- There is an error on the chalk outline of Squidward: in fact, the visible shape is characterized by four tentacles (two arms and two legs), but the other two legs are not drawn.
- When the OWS inspector shows up, the grease bottle disappears.
- In Squidward's false report, he suggests that a customer's Krabby Patty had only ten sesame seeds instead of eleven. This too would be inaccurate, as sesame seed buns normally have over a hundred seeds on them, not just eleven. Besides, the camera only showed one side of the Krabby Patty. There has to be more on the other side.
- While SpongeBob and Patrick are investigating in the stockroom, there is a bucket of Fry Grease. However, when Mr. Krabs picks it up, it reads "Fay Grease" instead.
- When Squidward is caught in sight with the Krabby Patty, the menu is spelled as "Gally Grub," not "Galley Grub." When the camera returns to his face and body, both the "Menu" and "Order Here" signs are gone.
- The vent funnel on the top of the Krusty Krab is on the far right side, rather than in the middle.
- In the Russian version during the opening credits, Tom Yasumi is mistakenly credited as an animation director instead of Andrew Overtoom.