- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Pearl Krabs (cameo)
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sea snails
- Sea bear
- Worm hogs
- Mystery the Seahorse
- Larry the Snail
- Bunny Wunny
- Old Man Jenkins
- Bubble Bass
- Health Inspector Yellowtail Andy
- Larry the Lobster
- Alaskan Bull Worm
- Craig Mammalton
- Lady Upturn
- Fifi (worm)
- Fire marshal (debut)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
While serving Krabby Patties to customers, Squidward starts sneezing. Realizing that it was because of his pet allergy, he discovers that Lady Upturn snuck her pet worm Fifi into the Krusty Krab. He tells her that pets are not allowed, and Mr. Krabs confirms his statement. However, when she says that Krabby Patties are all that Fifi will eat, and that she would gladly pay double for them, Mr. Krabs changes his mind and declares that pets would be allowed to enter the restaurant from then on, much to Squidward's dismay.
Mr. Krabs gladly starts making more money than ever he has before. Just then, the health inspector comes in and tells him that he cannot serve both people and pets in the same restaurant, as it is unsanitary. He makes him decide on only one, and Mr. Krabs decides to pick pets, seeing them as more profitable than their owners. He kicks all of the people out, and says that they will still be paying for whatever their pets eat.
Due to the new rule established at the Krusty Krab, customers have no choice but to visit the Chum Bucket, upset that they do not have access to the first restaurant mentioned. Suddenly, Larry suggests that everyone should dress up as pets to enter the Krusty Krab and trick Mr. Krabs, and everyone reacts positively to the suggestion. Back at the aforementioned restaurant, Mr. Krabs continues to earn immense amounts of money, to his surprise, some new "pets" arrive. Mr. Krabs does not notice anything strange, so he considers them as customers. The real pets and the fake ones do not manage to interact well, so the Krusty Krab turns into chaos. In an attempt to defuse the situation, SpongeBob unmasks the health inspector, who is also in disguise, much to everyone's surprise. With a song, he explains that pets and people deserve to eat side by side, so he decides to make some changes to the rules, which makes everyone happy.
As a celebration, customers eat Krabby Patties with their pets, to which the fire marshal (disguised as Incidental 160) reacts by saying that the restaurant is over capacity. Due to that, he orders customers to leave the restaurant, leaving Mr. Krabs devastated. SpongeBob then tells him that he can make extra charges to him, cheering Mr. Krabs a bit. The episode ends with an injured and infected Squidward falling down on the floor towards the ground sneezing for the last time and causing a closing iris to catch his nose.
- Squidward is allergic to pets.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Searise in Clamhattan - Jason Dobrowner [Title card]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward serving food to the customers at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Bad Slide - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Soda cups on Squidward's eyes]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Squidward's eyes pop out of the soda cups]
‣ Victory Chords - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Squidward hears a worm barking at the Krusty Krab]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1A - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward takes the soda cups out of his eyes]
‣ ? ["Oh no. You cannot bring a worm in here, it's unclean."]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs tells Lady Upturn her worm is not allowed at the Krusty Krab]
• Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["What a shame... Krabby Patties are all my Fee-Fee will eat these days."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs screams]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5B - Jeremy Wakefield ["See? Now: Pets allowed!"]
• Galley Cooks Shanty 3 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [The Krusty Krab is full of pets with people]
‣ The Corpse - David Francis [Health inspector shows up at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Against The Law (D) - Wilfred Burns [Health inspector tells Krabs people and pets can't be together on the Krusty Krab]
‣ Phrases 2 - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Krabs gets nervous]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [Krabs chooses pets to be allowed at the Krusty Krab]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 24D - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs kicks people out of the Krusty Krab]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap ["Time to go, get to move on!"]
• The Donut Dilema (With Triangle) - Nicolas Carr [Krabs charges Sandy's Alaskan Bull Worm's meal]
• Down in Davey Jones Locker - Nicolas Carr [Nat's worm enters the Krusty Krab]
• Aloha Lui Lui - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Pets enjoying at the Krusty Krab]
• A Short Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Can I like... get a Krabby Patty to go?"]
• A Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Everyone eating at the Chum Bucket]
• Unknown Track 113 - Everyone misses eating Krabby Patties at the Krusty Krab
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 38 - Jeremy Wakefield ["If we dress up like pets..."]
‣ Boy Scout - Harold Smart [Everyone starts making pet costumes at Plankton's craft corner]
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [Plankton enters on Spot's stomach and gets digested]
• Drunken Sailor Solo Accordion-2 - Nicolas Carr [Krabs finishes filing his office with piles of money]
• Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [People enter at the Krusty Krab disguised like pets]
‣ Dramatic Cue (A) - Ronald Hanmer [Sea bunny screams angrily]
‣ Disturbances - Gerhard Trede [People and pets fighting at the Krusty Krab]
‣ The Corpse - David Francis [Everyone sees the health inspector inside a pet costume]
‣ Stool Pigeon - Kenny Graham [Everyone gets angry at health inspector]
◦ Pets Are People Too - Eban Schletter [Everyone sings this at the Krusty Krab]
• Ahoy Landlubbers - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Health inspector lets people and pets being at the Krusty Krab]
• Bikini Bottom Bound - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [People and pets eating at the Krusty Krab]
‣ The Corpse - David Francis [Fire marshal shows up at the Krusty Krab]
• Bikini Bottom Bound - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Fire marshal orders everyone to leave the Krusty Krab]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 8D - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs crying]
• Hawaiian Ragtime Blues - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 21 digital collection.
- This episode, and "Lockdown for Love" preceded the series premiere of the Nickelodeon game show starring pets, Unleashed.
- This is the first episode to use the track "Searise in Clamhattan" since "Accidents Will Happen" in season 8.
- Incidentally, both episodes are the season premieres of their respective seasons.
- On the day this episode premiered, there was a marathon of Gary themed episodes that led up to the premiere.
- This episode and "Lockdown for Love" are the only ones to have the copyright trademark in the end credits use "ViacomCBS International Inc." instead of "Viacom International." The following episode, "Under the Small Top/Squidward's Sick Daze," switched it back to Viacom International Inc.
- This episode was released on Amazon Prime Video in Canada on October 16, 2020 before airing in the United States.
- This episode and "Lockdown for Love" are the only season 13 episodes to have a 2020 copyright date.
- This was originally confirmed as a season 12 episode and was made during the season 12 cycle, but it was pushed to season 13 for unknown reasons.
- Despite this, it is under season 12 on TV guides and some streaming services, despite it being in season 13. This error was later fixed after the next episode aired.
- The plot of the episode is similar to the scene in "A Pal for Gary" where Mr. Krabs lets Incidental 107 bring his worm into the Krusty Krab with him, as both involve animals being brought as customers to the Krusty Krab with their owner.
- Right after Squidward sneezes at the beginning of the episode, Squidward faces the camera with the red soda drink containers in his eye sockets. This resembles the Red Mist Squidward from the infamous creepypasta, which was also referenced in the episode "SpongeBob in RandomLand."
- This scene in the episode may be a reference or simply a coincidence, but if it is indeed a reference, this would be the second instance in which Red Mist Squidward was referenced in the series.
- "My leg!:" Fred screams this when a snail bites his leg.
- This is the second episode in which Squidward has a pet allergy. The first is "Sanctuary!"
- This would be the last episode in which Benjamin Arcand worked as storyboard director, since for now, his name has not been seen on the credits again.
- This is the third episode directed by Marc Ceccarelli and Vincent Waller. The first was "Who R Zoo?," and the second was "Plankton's Intern."
- This is also Jennie Monica's first episode as a co-executive producer instead of a producer.
- In Canada, this episode was originally going to air on October 19, 2020, but was later postponed, and got replaced with a rerun of "Cuddle E. Hugs" and "Pat the Horse."
- The Alaskan Bull Worm, Nosferatu, Mystery, Craig Mammalton, Bunny Wunny, Larry the Snail, and Rocky all reappear in this episode.
- It is also revealed that Sandy has an Alaskan Bull Worm as her pet.
- Incidental 155 running resembles him doing the same in "Ripped Pants."
- The health inspector from "Nasty Patty" and "The Krabby Kronicle" returns in this episode, but has a deeper voice and a mustache.
- When SpongeBob begins to play the piano, the outline of his thumb is colored yellow-green for a frame.
- In one scene, Spot has two eyes instead of one.
- In one scene, Mr. Krabs' mouth disappears for a second.
- While singing "Pets Are People Too," Mr. Krabs' eyelashes duplicate.