- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Larry the Lobster
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 152
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 151
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 93
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 12
- Other Beachgoers
- Trench monsters
The episode begins when SpongeBob and Patrick are getting a tan on Goo Lagoon. Suddenly, Larry the Lobster comes in riding on a motorcycle, kicking up sand in SpongeBob's and Patrick's face. However, everyone cheers for Larry and soon, they talk to him. Larry says he is a professional daredevil who loves to live life to the fullest. Then Larry points out that SpongeBob and Patrick are cowards and need to be more like him. Larry drives away leaving Patrick in deep thought.
The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick are blowing bubbles, when Patrick says that their lives are boring, and that they need to live like Larry. Patrick then jumps on a seahorse, which bucks him off and severely injures Patrick. Meanwhile, SpongeBob is riding a kiddie ride at the grocery store. Later that day, Patrick kicks down SpongeBob's door, and drags him to the junkyard. Patrick then jumps in a boat going on the conveyor belt. The boat is then crushed by the junkyard crusher, while SpongeBob only watches in horror as Patrick is slowly crushed.
Even later that day, Patrick breaks down the door again and pulls SpongeBob to the outskirts of Bikini Bottom to a deep canyon next to the canyon is a long board leading to the bottom, which Patrick says he will skate down. He tells SpongeBob to join him, but SpongeBob says that going down the ramp would be stupid, and would certainly kill them. Patrick shrugs and calls SpongeBob a chicken. Patrick then skates down, and flies right into the mouths of several hungry monsters, Patrick's fate is unknown.
The next day, SpongeBob is working at the Krusty Krab, when Patrick, who apparently survived the monster attack, is running towards the restaurant, trying to get away from five mad bikers. He tells SpongeBob that he was right, and that he would never try such stupid stunts again. When SpongeBob goes outside to talk to the bikers, he knocks down their bikes. SpongeBob and Patrick run down the street, and SpongeBob gets a rush of adrenaline. SpongeBob shouts that he is living like Larry, and is now obsessed with daredevil stunts. The bikers hit SpongeBob with their bikes, sending SpongeBob flying into the air.
Later that day, SpongeBob and Patrick are on the beach again, but this time on a giant arrow aimed towards hundreds of sharp rocks: Rippers' Reef. Patrick worries that they will get hurt, but SpongeBob prepares to cut the rope anyway. Meanwhile, Larry notices what they are doing and races to stop them. But Larry is too late, SpongeBob cuts the rope and they fly towards Ripper's Reef. Larry hooks a rope on the arrow, and is pulled up too. Larry climbs up to SpongeBob and Patrick and tells them that his advice was meant to live life to the fullest, not to kill themselves. SpongeBob shouts with glee, while Patrick and Larry scream. They slam into Ripper's Reef at full force, and all are impaled with the rocks.
Later at the Bikini Bottom Hospital, Patrick and Larry are put in full body casts, while SpongeBob is put in a wheel chair. Still wanting to live extremely, SpongeBob says that it's time for his next stunt, and asks what Larry would do. In response, Larry gets mad and chases the scared SpongeBob out of the hospital.
- SpongeBob, Patrick, & Larry saying "Living Like Larry!"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [Title card]
‣ Return of the Surfin' Headhunters - The Mel-Tones [Larry riding a motorcycle]
‣ Kung Fu Saturdays - The Mel-Tones [Larry surfing on his head]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick whimpering]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Just look at 'em."]
‣ Fault Line - The Mel-Tones [Larry tells SpongeBob and Patrick to live like him]
• Thinking Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Living... like... Larry."]
• Steel Licks 20 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Living like Larry... living like Larry..."]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob and Patrick blowing bubbles]
‣ No Fear - Udi Harpaz ["This is where we redeem our miserable lives."]
‣ Touch the Skies - Barrie Hingley [Patrick riding a seahorse]
‣ Fun Bridge 9 - Ilan Harel [SpongeBob riding a kiddy ride]
‣ Fault Line - The Mel-Tones ["Where were you, SpongeBob? It was awesome!"]
‣ Entry of the Heroes A - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob gulps]
‣ Munitions Train [#19] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [A#1 Wreckers]
‣ No Fear - Udi Harpaz ["You must defeat your reason before you can start... LIVING LIKE LARRY!"]
‣ Munitions Train [#19] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Patrick getting crushed]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob arranging his socks]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick inside crushed car]
‣ Fault Line - The Mel-Tones ["Patrick, where are we going?"]
• Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [Patrick takes SpongeBob to a canyon]
‣ Whisper from the Past [#64.02] - Gregor F. Narholz ["No, Patrick, I mean your life. I'm not going."]
• Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [Patrick skateboards into the canyon]
‣ Phantom Train - The Surfdusters [bikers chasing Patrick]
‣ Outrage - Peter Yorke ["You were right, SpongeBob, I went too far."]
• Solo Steel 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I know that you might be angry with my friend..."]
‣ El Dementia - The Surfdusters [bikers chase SpongeBob and Patrick]
‣ Beheading of the King - Laurie Johnson [giant arrow]
‣ Saxaboogie - Harry Bluestone [Larry reading a book]
‣ Beware the Ripper (c) - Richard Myhill ["With that angle of trajectory, they'll land right in..."]
‣ Murder in Mind [#47] - Ronald Hanmer ["...Ripper's Reef!"]
‣ Rocket Sled to Oahu - The Mel-Tones ["Wait! Don't do it! Stop!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob, Patrick and Larry in the hospital]
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob vs. The Big One, Season 6 Volume 1, Really Big Box Set, Treasure Chest: Double Pack, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Double Feature Volume 3, Patrick's Day, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 8, High Tides and Wild Rides, The SpongeBob Super Square Collection, Complete Sixth Season, Deep-Sea Games, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- The title card background is the same as the one for "Band Geeks," but this one is a tad brighter in color.
- This and its sister episode "Sun Bleached" both have a summer setting and take place at Goo Lagoon.
- This is the last episode ever written by Chris Reccardi before his death on May 2, 2019.
- This is the first episode where SpongeBob wears his red beach suit instead of the blue beach suit he had worn in previous episodes.
- "Living Like Larry" was made a term in reality used for doing extreme efforts, like the ones seen in this episode.
- This made it a meme in some way.
- It is revealed that Nat Peterson works at A #1 Wreckers.
- When Patrick jumps and says "Livin' like Larry!," the background that appears behind him is similar to the title card of the short "The Endless Summer."
- When Patrick comes from A No. 1 Wreckers to SpongeBob's house, he is in a boat that is colored a lot like Mr. Krabs' clothes.
- In this episode, there is an abyss with trench monsters who are similar to ones in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- Larry acts like he does not know SpongeBob and Patrick, but in other episodes, they are good friends with him.
- In Bahasa Indonesia version, the scene where Patrick rides a seahorse was skipped. Like most of the Season 6 episodes, this was done due to time constraints.
- The parts of SpongeBob leaning up against the motorcycles and knocking them down and Patrick riding a seahorse are used for an "Up Next" bumper from 2009-2011, as well as certain promotional interstitials and bumpers.
- The title spoofs The Beatles song "A Day in the Life."
- The line "What would Larry do?" is a spoof of the phrase "What would Jesus do?"
- SpongeBob accidentally knocking over the bikers' motorcycles is a reference to a scene from Pee-wee's Big Adventure where Pee-Wee Herman knocks over a biker gang's motorcycles outside of a biker bar.
- When SpongeBob says "I wonder how Patrick's doing with his 'living like Larry' thing," one of his teeth turn from white to yellow for a split-second.
- SpongeBob appears to knock over eight motorcycles, yet only six of them are circling him afterwards.
- When Patrick and SpongeBob are first shown on the huge arrow, SpongeBob is wearing his beach suit. However, later, when an upper-view close-up is shown of Patrick scared and SpongeBob saying "Whoowoowoo!!!," SpongeBob's regular clothes are briefly seen on him instead, then in the next shot when the arrow is shown fully again, SpongeBob is back to wearing the beach suit.
- The similar error also occurs in "Krusty Krushers," but in his wrestling gear.
- Right before the scene cuts to Patrick and Larry in the hospital, there is a shot that shows the Bikini Bottom Hospital, but Larry's tail in bandages is shown in the bottom right, meaning the last shot of the episode with Larry chasing SpongeBob right before the scene cuts to black was used in a shot right before it cut to Patrick and Larry in the hospital and was mirrored.