- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Margie Star (mentioned)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Nat Peterson
- Fleas (debut)
- Cross-Eyed Armadillo (mentioned)
- Abigail Marge
- Frankie Billy
- Jimmy Gus
- Norma Rechid
- Frank the Lifeguard
- Martha Smith
- Frank the Red-Shirt-Wearing Fish (orange; normal)
- Lloyd-Rich (blue)
- Debbie Rechid
- Medley Fishbowl
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Nathiel Waters
- Old Man Jenkins
- Susie Rechid
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Other Bikini Bottomites
SpongeBob and Patrick are upset, because Sandy has gone to Texas for two whole days. They decide to take the time until she comes home to prepare for and throw her a welcome home party. During their party, SpongeBob and Patrick notice that Sandy is scratching and biting her fur. Sandy explains that upon her return from a science convention in Texas, she unknowingly brings back a flea. Sandy asks SpongeBob to open her briefcase and take out the flea collar.The flea jumps out of her fur and lands on SpongeBob. SpongeBob gets bitten and grabs the collar. The flea then lands on Patrick and bites him, causing Patrick to take the collar. They then fight over the collar, which causes Sandy to grab the collar and wrap it around all three of them. The flea then reproduces, causing the flea collar to be eaten away, rending it useless. Fleas take over Sandy's tree dome, and no one can escape the dome. Patrick blames Sandy for bringing the flea and getting infected, then SpongeBob blames for throwing the party, which causes SpongeBob and Patrick to fight. Sandy breaks up the fight and tells them that arguing is not going to help save themselves as long as they work together. Patrick comes up with the idea of creating a tower to the tree, only to climb up and get an apple. Sandy is annoyed at Patrick's stupidity and the group takes refuge in the tree. But it proved to be useless as the fleas continue to spread all over the treedome.
SpongeBob states they may be living in a sea of fleas instead of salt water, thus giving Sandy an idea on how to get rid of the fleas. Sandy was unique crashing into the cauldron with fleas by infecting all their space in the dome with saltwater, this drowns and gets rid of the fleas but all the Bikini Bottom citizens are stuck in the dome at the end. SpongeBob tells Sandy its good to have her back.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Blue Tide - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob crying]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward gardening]
‣ Main Street - Alec Gould [SpongeBob and Patrick preparing for Sandy's arrival]
‣ Unknown Track 120 - Nicolas Carr ["Welcome home Sandy, you know that we missed ya..."]
‣ Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy scratching herself]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["You ready?"]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [flea biting Sandy]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy explains what a flea is]
‣ Bach's Toccata - Peter Lea-Cox ["I'm gonna turn into a vampire!"]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (d) - Wilfred William Burns [Patrick takes the flea collar]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [they fight over the collar]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [Flea lays eggs and two fleas emerge from them/Three fleas jump off of SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy/Fleas multiplying]
‣ House of Horror - Larry Hochman [fleas biting SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy]
‣ Squiddy G - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [plays on Squidward's headphones]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy stepping on fleas]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob screams]
‣ Big Bad Giant - Paddy Kingsland ["Okay, you know what?"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["I do not play games."]
‣ They're Coming! - Trevor Duncan [they hide in the treehouse]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Sandy gets an idea]
‣ West Side Rumble - Sam Spence [fleas washed away]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the To Love a Patty, Season 5 Volume 2, Complete Fifth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of June 10, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.1/10 based on 233 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.8/10 based on 118 votes.
- Currently retired critic Mina Rhodes of the DVD Verdict called this episode in a review of To Love a Patty, one of the better ones included in the disc, praising in particular the fleas themselves for being "highly memorable—mostly because they're downright frightening looking," and the episode in general for "regaining some of the series' former wit," despite calling the episode derivative of the episode "Wormy."
- When Patrick regurgitates Sandy's cake, it is in the shape of Texas.
- The bus driver who hates SpongeBob's singing is Nat Peterson.
- When Squidward Tentacles was doing a power walk, he said "Heel, toe, heel, toe" just like in "Bucket Sweet Bucket."
- When Squidward was power walking, one could hear that the song he was listening to sounded similar to the smooth jazz song from "The Thing."
- It can also be heard in "Bucket Sweet Bucket" and "Enchanted Tiki Dreams."
- When Sandy opened the door, the water in the ocean was all filled up similar to "Reef Blower."
- This episode might prove that SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy are allergic to fleas.
- This episode takes place before the episode, "Squirrel Jokes," because in this episode, SpongeBob doesn't know what fleas are.
- In "Squirrel Jokes," he makes fun about how squirrels have many fleas.
- This is the first time that Tentically Speaking plays.
- This is the first time Sandy has gotten fleas. The second is in "SpongeBob's Last Stand."
- This is the second episode we see Sandy without her helmet and wearing her suit inside her treedome. The first being "Chimps Ahoy."
- This is Taylor Fishbowl's 25th episode appearance.
- This is the 50th episode appearance of Old Man Jenkins and Charlie.
- The title is a parody of the play "A Flea in Her Ear."
- When SpongeBob says, "Glad to have you back, Sandy," the outline to Sandy's helmet almost disappears.
- When Patrick talks about being bit by "vampire flea," after he falls on the ground, his flea bites are gone.
- When Sandy said, "There is no such thing as vampires," the flea collar that SpongeBob was wearing was gone, and it came back when Patrick was about to take it from SpongeBob.
- When the flea hatches two eggs, more than three jump out. When one of the fleas land on SpongeBob, the top of his tie turns white instead of red for a moment.
- The collar keeps changing size when different people wear them.
- The fleas couldn't destroy the flea collar; it would kill them when they touch it.
- Patrick can't possibly eat the apple from Sandy's tree since he is wearing a water helmet.
- Patrick eats an apple from Sandy's tree, while the tree is obviously an oak tree. In a later scene, Sandy even picks an acorn to throw at the fleas.
- It would be impossible for Sandy's treedome to empty the entire sea, with or without the mass of the Bikini Bottomites.
- In reality, the treedome would just break apart if it tried to fit all of the ocean water inside of it.
- There should not have been any contrast between when there was water in the treedome and when there wasn't because the show isn't contrasted this way when the underwater setting is shown.
- ^ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1081799/?ref_=tt_ep_nx
- ^ http://www.tv.com/shows/spongebob-squarepants/a-flea-in-her-dome-the-donut-of-shame-the-krusty-plate-1097733/
- ^ Rhodes, Mina (2008-02-06). Review - Spongebob Squarepants: To Love A Patty. DVD Verdict. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.