- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gal Pals
- Wolfworm (debut)
- Moose snail (debut)
- Flibberty Gibbet (debut)
- Saleslady (debut)
- Incidental 115 (pictured on brochure)
- Incidental 2 (pictured on brochure)
Outside Mrs. Puff's Boating School, the Gal Pals - Karen, Sandy, and Mrs. Puff - are preparing for a camping trip. They load their trailer and afterwards attach it to the boat. Pearl, the newest member, plans to prank them by having SpongeBob scare them. When Pearl arrives, Sandy puts her backpack, which has SpongeBob in it, in the trailer. The Gal Pals start driving and sing a song. They run over a pothole and the trailer disconnects from the boat, crashing in a pit of mud. SpongeBob is able to get out before the trailer sinks, and he finds a lucky peanut.
At the cabin, Sandy notices that the trailer has disconnected. Pearl is sad about losing her backpack, but Karen says that they can buy a new one. The Gal Pals quickly redecorate the abandoned cabin, and Pearl leaves to call SpongeBob. She advises him to "follow the trees" to find the cabin, and he runs into the woods. At night, the Gal Pals are sitting around a campfire. Sandy gives Pearl a necklace, and she, Karen, and Mrs. Puff tell her a scary story about the former fourth Gal Pal to whom the necklace belongs, Flibberty Gibbet, who is still roaming around in the woods for revenge after an argument. Pearl is scared and throws away the necklace, and the other Gal Pals start laughing at her, having successfully pranked her. Pearl laughs as a hand grabs the necklace from the floor.
After a noise, Mrs. Puff and Sandy explain that the story of Flibberty Gibbet was actually true. Pearl thinks the noise is SpongeBob, who is still lost. Karen plans for all four of them to jump out and scare SpongeBob. A monster then appears, and they run into the cabin and plan to escape.
SpongeBob appears at the cabin and is grabbed by the monster. The Gal Pals run in to save him, only to find that the monster is actually a saleslady selling pinecones on sticks. Flibberty Gibbet appears, not intending any harm to the Gal Pals, and they get scared and run away. SpongeBob chases after them with his lucky peanut. The episode ends with a fourth wall break as the four girls crash into the screen. They slide down and a The End sign shows up.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ ? ["Gal Pals! Yeah!"]
• A Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Karen greases Mrs. Puff's boat engine with a Krabby Patty]
• Shotgun Wedding - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff's boat and trailer get "hitched"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm, I wonder what's keeping our newest Gal Pal."]
• Surf Happy Fun (Underscore) - Billy Lincoln [Superfly Audio] [Pearl walking down the road with SpongeBob on her backpack]
‣ ? ["Gal Pals! Yeah!"]
‣ Pigmy March - Cedric Palmer [Gal Pals' luggage gets put in the trailer]
• Gal Pal Song - Eban Schletter, Kaz Prapuolenis [Gal Pals sing this while they drive the boat]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [Moose snail crosses the road]
‣ Pigmy March - Cedric Palmer [Gal Pals continue driving the boat]
• Humorous Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Pearl laughs maniacally]
‣ Dramatic Cue (c) - Ronald Hanmer [Trailer unhooks from the boat and rolls down into the woods' mud ditch]
‣ Space Horizons - Wolf Helling [SpongeBob exits the trailer]
• Down in Davy Jones' Locker - Nicolas Carr [Trailer sinks in the mud ditch]
• Unknown Track 100 - "Hey! A peanut! A lucky peanut!"
‣ ? ["I'm gonna survive!"]
• Unknown Track 54 - Nicolas Carr ["I can't eat this peanut. You're my lucky peanut."]
‣ ? ["I've got a lucky peanut!"]
‣ Boy Scout - Harold Smart [Gal Pals arrive at the woods cabin]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 3 - Fredric Bayco ["Oh no, my backpack!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield ["This is the worst thing that could ever happen!"]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 3 - Fredric Bayco ["Aww, there, there, sweetie. It's just a backpack, we can buy you a new one."]
‣ Death Clock E - Dick De Benedictis ["She must be psychic."]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 3 - Fredric Bayco [Sandy opens the door of the cabin]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 34 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Allright, gals, let's not just hang here like mama's washing! Time to gussy up the place!"]
‣ Buying Spree - William Loose [Cabin reformed by Gal Pals]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 3 - Fredric Bayco [Pearl phones SpongeBob outside the cabin]
• African Savanna - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob swinging on vines]
• A Casual Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob talking with Pearl by the phone]
‣ Hawaiian Breeze - Jon Jelmer [Gal Pals drinking kelp cocoa around the campfire at night]
‣ Long Legged Beasties - Fredric Bayco ["It's time to initiate our newest member!"]
‣ Victory Chords - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Pearl's necklace shines]
‣ Long Legged Beasties - Fredric Bayco ["You are now a Gal Pal."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Sandy shushes Mrs. Puff]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Sandy explains Pearl who Fibberty Gibbet is/Sandy, Karen, and Mrs. Puff tells Pearl that Flibberty Gibbet ran off into the woods and she's still waiting there for revenge]
‣ Five Dramatic Bridges B - Kurt Rehfeld [Pearl sees Flibberty Gibbet's name at the back of her necklace and throws it away]
‣ Long Legged Beasties - Fredric Bayco [Sandy, Karen and Mrs. Puff laugh]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Saleslady's hand takes Pearl's necklace and makes noises in the woods]
‣ Clumsy C - Bernd Gesell [SpongeBob continues following trees in the woods]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver ["So, SpongeBob thinks he can prank us, huh?"]
• Fooling Around - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Gal Pals pretend to scare SpongeBob hiding behind a tree]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Saleslady shows up angry/Saleslady roars and scares the Gal Pals making them think she's Flibberty Gibbet]
• Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob pops out screaming]
‣ Murder Scene - Alan Wynn [Saleslady's hand grabs SpongeBob into the cabin]
‣ ? ["Gal Pals..."]
• Another Underwater Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Saleslady showing SpongeBob pine cones on a stick]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Flibberty Gibbet appears making Gal Pals run away]
‣ ? ["Gal Pals!"]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 DVD.
- This episode was paired up with "The Ghost of Plankton" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "The Hankering."
- This is the first episode to use Part 1 of "House of Horror" since "Yeti Krabs."
- This is the second time that Karen, Sandy, and Mrs. Puff form their friend group, the Gal Pals, after "Girls' Night Out."
- Pearl becomes the newest Gal Pal, making her the only non-adult member.
- This is the third episode where Karen appears without Plankton. The first was "Mall Girl Pearl" and the second was "Don't Wake Patrick."
- In this episode, Kristen Morrison is credited as a storyboard artist, when they usually credit him as a storyboard director.
- This episode’s German title is “Die Hutte Im Seetang,” which translates to “The Hut in Kelp.”
- In the Russian dub, the title card text is not narrated while it usually gets narrated. This mistake got fixed when the episode re-ran on Nick HD on March 25, 2020.
- This is the third episode where Michelle Bryan is the only animator, with the first being "My Two Krabses" and the second being "Pat Hearts Squid."
- This is the fourth episode in which Pearl appears, but Mr. Krabs does not. The first was "Tunnel of Glove," the second was "Patnocchio," and the third was "Goons on the Moon."
- In Australia and New Zealand this episode was meant to air on July 12, but was moved to the next day, and replaced with a rerun of "Breakin'" instead.
- This is Sandy's final appearance in season 12.
- The episode's title is a parody of the film The Cabin in the Woods.
- While swinging on a vine, SpongeBob shouts "I am SpongeZan of the brine apes!" This is a parody of Tarzan, lord of the apes.