"What is this...? I don't even-"
This article does not cite any sources or gives information as which episodes, books, and/or video games this information came from. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by adding references. Thank you.
This article is in need of one or more better quality images. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better image or editing the current image.
네모바지 스폰지밥 (Nemopaji Sủponjipap), formerly known as 보글보글 스폰지밥 (Pogulpogủl Sủponjipap) or in the EBS version, 네모네모 스펀지 송 (Nemonemosủṗỏnjisoŋ), are the names of the two Korean-dubbed versions of SpongeBob SquarePants. The second dub, "스폰지밥 네모바지" airs on Nickelodeon South Korea, Tooniverse, and JEI TV (formerly, back when it was still called JEI Channel), while the first dub "네모네모 스펀지 송" airs on EBS. It is part of International SpongeBob SquarePants. The dub does not air in North Korea because the North Korean government bans the transmission of any TV show made internationally.
The EBS and the second Tooniverse version's openings uses the French version, and the current one uses the US version, albeit both being edited.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: 스폰지밥/스펀지송 (sủṗonjipap/sủṗonjipap)
- Patrick Star: 뚱이/별가 (ṭuŋ-i/pyỏlga)
- Gary the Snail: 핑핑이/달퐁이(ṗiŋṗiŋ-i/dalṗoŋ-i)
- Squidward Tentacles: 징징이/깐깐징어(jiŋjiŋ-i/kkankkanjiŋ-ỏ)
- Eugene H. Krabs: 집게사장/게걸사장 (jipgesajaŋ/gegỏlsajiŋ)
- Sandy Cheeks: 다람이/파다(dalam-i/ṗada)
- Currently, the theme song is played by Eun Ji Won on Nickelodeon South Korea.
- The Nickelodeon intro uses the "Truth or Square" intro with normal intro.
- During the EBS airing, the title card credits use a blue water floor reflection background instead of the original title card credits background.
- The new remastered intro was released during "Unreal Estate" and has a different version of the Captain.
- All the objects, signs, and title cards are fully edited into Korean language in the Korean Dub.
- The title translates to "Square Square Sponge Song." in the EBS version.
- "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler" and "Pranks a Lot" was aired in that country on October 21, 2002, two years before it aired in the United States.
- In the Tooniverse, JEl version, the logo is spelled "보글보글 스폰지밥," instead of "네모바지 스폰지밥."
Nickelodeon Korea events
- Master Big League: The SpongeBob SquarePants series, along with The Penguins of Madagascar and The Fairly OddParents, was entered in the Master Big League, which took place in January, just before Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness premiered in Korea.
- Stuff Patrick Says: In Korea, the "Stuff Patrick Says" episode series was titled "Stupid Patrick Special."
- MC Time: Mental Collapse Time (shortened to MC Time) was a series of SpongeBob and The Penguins of Madagascar episodes about crazed events.
- Superhero Special: SpongeBob SquarePants starred alongside Fanboy and Chum Chum in the Superhero Special, which also included Mermaid Man, Barnacle Boy, and Man-Arctica, hence the event's name.
- Best THE Best Awards 2012: SpongeBob SquarePants, The Penguins of Madagascar, The Fairly Oddparents, Fanboy and Chum Chum, Avatar: Legends of Korra, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, and other programs were among those featured at BTBA 2012.
- Merry Nicksmas: Several different Christmas-themed episodes have been aired in Korea since the premiere of "It's a SpongeBob Christmas" on December 17th, with default hours of 6AM-10PM, 5PM, and 9PM. Christmas specials air throughout the whole day on December 24–25.
- SpongeBob Mysteries: SpongeBob asks Nickelodeon fans questions about things about the show that make no sense, such as why Mr. Krabs, a crab, has a whale as a daughter, how Patrick can survive without working, and why it snows in Bikini Bottom. Answers are chosen at random and broadcast on television until the following Monday, when a new topic is asked. During that time, every Monday through February 4, four lucky users will receive two tickets to SpongeBob's Happy World Season 4: Bikini Bottom Snow Trip.
- SpongeBob Happy World: The SpongeBob Happy World is hosted by KINTEX, and there have been themes since summer 2012. Season 3 was Spongelympics, and season 4 was Bikini Bottom Snow Trip. Recurring attraction include the Tongue Fields and Patrick's Ball Pit.