باب اسفنجی (Baab Esfanji) is the title of many Persian dubs of SpongeBob SquarePants. The Persian version has many different dubs, from five different channels, all unique in their own way.
It is part of International SpongeBob SquarePants.
- SpongeBob SquarePants - باب اسفنجی
- Patrick Star - پاتریک
- Squidward Tentacles :
- بختاپوس (IRIB)
- خودبرتربین (?)
- Eugene H. Krabs :
- آقای خرچنگ (IRIB)
- آقای بداخلاق (?)
- Pearl Krabs - پرل
- Larry the Lobster - لری میگو
- Gary the Snail - گری
The episodes of the show have many differences in them across the multiple versions. Most of the songs used in the episodes are mostly replaced with Persian music, and the music and effects of the episodes are either from the English dub or completely custom instrumentals, for example, in the intro.
- The version that airs on Utoon is the IRIB Pooya version, except the intro is replaced with a music video.
- The voice actor for Squidward Tentacles in the persian dub changed during some airings. The original voice actor of Squidward Tentacles in the persian dub was later used for Bubblebass, and the new voice actor for him in the persian dub was the persian voice actor of Spongebob SquarePants.
- The name of the setting of the show, Bikini Bottom, was often censored in the IRIB airings, because wearing bikini is offensive for the "Islamic society" of the Iranian Islamic regime, but the DVD releases retained the name, and for the first film, it was dubbed to Mayoe-kenar (مایوکنار).
- Sandy's indoor wear and the Bikini Bottomite's bikinis are also very poorly replaced with regular dresses and clothing.